ASTRO(not): More details found in my aurora photos

Old March 20th 08, 01:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO(not): More details found in my aurora photos

Revised processing resulted in my discovery of previously hidden details in
my photos of the Oct 2003 aurora.

....and it's not even April 1st yet!

This endless cloudy, rainy, snowy weather is starting to play on my mind!

George N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kopernik ufo .jpg
Views:	297
Size:	557.7 KB
ID:	1788
Old March 20th 08, 01:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

looking good George

now we know where the mothership is

Old March 21st 08, 05:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
jerry warner[_8_]

George Normandin wrote:

Revised processing resulted in my discovery of previously hidden details in
my photos of the Oct 2003 aurora.

....and it's not even April 1st yet!

This endless cloudy, rainy, snowy weather is starting to play on my mind!

are you going to release this to the press!
Jerry

George N

[Image]

Old March 21st 08, 04:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"jerry warner" wrote

are you going to release this to the press!
Jerry

Our local news paper recently had a "retrospective" article about the
"ufo scare" in the area back in the 50's or so - long before I lived here. I
wish I had this "picture" when they did it. I would have put it on their
website in the 'upload you pictures' section. A couple people think we
should print some posters and cards for sale with this on them.

At Kopernik Observatory we always get the biggest attendance for our
"Friday Public Nights" when there is a 'ufo' or similar presentation. It's
always a big fund raiser night - the crowd is always smaller for something
like "the spectral classification of the stars" or "observing with the
Spitzer Space Telescope"!

George N

PS: Since this *is* New York, we might get people coming to see a
presentation on anything to do with "Spitzer" right now! We could discuss
how our ex-governor wanted to give Space Aliens drivers licenses.

Old March 21st 08, 05:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

George Normandin wrote:
"jerry warner" wrote

[...]

Me thinks you've been seeing nothing but clouds for too long now!

Several years ago our local planetarium held a photo contest, the
subject: Fake UFO pictures.

There were some rules. Rule 1 was "No pictures of real UFO's allowed."

Rick