Carbonite and Potential Water Found on Mars!!!

Old January 10th 04, 03:24 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Carbonite and Potential Water Found on Mars!!!

I dunno if this is old news, but I don't see any posts on it. Spirit has
made some initial infared views of the area and has detected water and
carbonites. NASA has not yet said whether it is in concentrations that are
important, but they are optimistic.

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old January 17th 04, 08:38 AM
Painius

"BenignVanilla" wrote...
in message ...

I dunno if this is old news, but I don't see any posts on it. Spirit has
made some initial infared views of the area and has detected water and
carbonites. NASA has not yet said whether it is in concentrations that are
important, but they are optimistic.

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Thanks for this, BV! Here is the present home of the article...

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/newsr...20040109a.html

....and an update shows that they still haven't decided if the
carbonate minerals come from interaction with water vapor
in Mars' atmosphere or are evidence of a watery local
environment in the past...

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/newsr...20040116a.html

Rover is roving!

happy days and...