telescope problems...

Old January 16th 04, 11:09 PM
Candace M

Default telescope problems...

Hi. I'm having a telescope problem! I have the kind with the different
sizes of lenses, and the only one that works is 20x! If I put any
smaller than that, all I see are weird black spots...does anyone know
what they are and what I can do about them? E-mail me @
Thanks!

Old January 17th 04, 03:08 AM
Chuck Taylor

Hi Candace,

A couple of thoughts:

(1) Although this is too late, it is not a good idea to put your email addy
in a post unless you want a bunch of spam. You can also set your reader so
it gives an altered email addy so spambots can get it, ie you could put
PFlamREMOVETHISTOREPLY@web...

(2) Have you looked to see if the eyepieces are clean?

(3) What size scope is it? If it is a department store scope, that may be
all it is capable of showing. (I'm not trying to insult your telescope).
Tell us what kind of telescope it is and we may be able to give a little
more help.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?