More problems, boinc stuff this time.

Old April 8th 05, 09:48 PM
eNJay

Default More problems, boinc stuff this time.

Hey again. I recently wrote a post regarding my old AMD k6-2 box which i'd
fitted up as a server for our LAN.

From the replies i have recieved here i've gotten almost all the way to
getting seti running on it. One more snag though:

I've compiled the boinc_public-cvs-2005-*.tar.gz package i obtained from
the main boinc site, i also downloaded the seti_boinc-cvs*.tar.gz file and
compiled it for my system, i was a little worried that the seti_boinc
compile didn't install an executable file, just a few libraries- but that
seemed ok as far as my understanding of boinc goes, so far anyway *grin*

Well, on running boinc_client i get all the way to requesting data, but it
looks to me as though boinc_client is requesting a seti component, but
which of course isn't available because they only compile for an i686. I'm
not sure what i've done wrong, i got the boinc client software, and the
seti component, what am i missing?

Ps. I'm assuming boinc is pretty new, anyone know where to get any decent
documentation?

boinc_client output:

snip
2005-04-08 21:21:30 [SETI@home] Message from server: platform
'i586-pc-linux-gnu' not found
snip
Old April 11th 05, 05:06 PM
Martin 53N 1W

eNJay wrote:
[...]
Ps. I'm assuming boinc is pretty new, anyone know where to get any decent
documentation?

See:
http://boinc-doc.net/index.php

God luck,
Martin

--
---------- OS? What's that?! (Martin_285 on Mandrake)
- Martin - To most people, "Operating System" is unknown & strange.