Big Antarctic iceberg edges out to sea

Old September 24th 17, 11:28 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Default Big Antarctic iceberg edges out to sea

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41366504

When A-68 moves clear of its birth position it will reveal seafloor that probably has not been free of ice cover for 120,000 years - during the peak of the last warm phase in Earth's history known as the Eemian.

Maybe, finally Hitler is found under the ice sheet? (o:
Old September 25th 17, 11:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Sunday, 24 September 2017 06:28:45 UTC-4, StarDust wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41366504

When A-68 moves clear of its birth position it will reveal seafloor that probably has not been free of ice cover for 120,000 years - during the peak of the last warm phase in Earth's history known as the Eemian.

Maybe, finally Hitler is found under the ice sheet? (o:

We are in a warming phase now and have been since the last ice-age ended.
Old September 26th 17, 04:54 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 3:56:31 PM UTC-7, RichA wrote:
On Sunday, 24 September 2017 06:28:45 UTC-4, StarDust wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41366504

When A-68 moves clear of its birth position it will reveal seafloor that probably has not been free of ice cover for 120,000 years - during the peak of the last warm phase in Earth's history known as the Eemian.

Maybe, finally Hitler is found under the ice sheet? (o:

We are in a warming phase now and have been since the last ice-age ended.

True, soon we can alligator hunt in Greenland or camel ride in Chicago!
Old September 26th 17, 06:25 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Tuesday, 26 September 2017 05:54:23 UTC+2, StarDust wrote:
On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 3:56:31 PM UTC-7, RichA wrote:
On Sunday, 24 September 2017 06:28:45 UTC-4, StarDust wrote:

We are in a warming phase now and have been since the last ice-age ended.

True, soon we can alligator hunt in Greenland or camel ride in Chicago!

And Canada is already the new Costa del Sol.
Old September 26th 17, 09:18 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 10:25:17 PM UTC-7, Chris.B wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 September 2017 05:54:23 UTC+2, StarDust wrote:
On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 3:56:31 PM UTC-7, RichA wrote:
On Sunday, 24 September 2017 06:28:45 UTC-4, StarDust wrote:

We are in a warming phase now and have been since the last ice-age ended.

True, soon we can alligator hunt in Greenland or camel ride in Chicago!

And Canada is already the new Costa del Sol.

Very close!

Desert Landscape near Osoyoos, BC, South Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada - Pocket Desert and Osoyoos Lake Scenics

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BEBATK/dese...bia-BEBATK.jpg

Okanagan Desert BC, Canada
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...TuleHorses.JPG
Old September 26th 17, 02:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 15:56:27 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Sunday, 24 September 2017 06:28:45 UTC-4, StarDust wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41366504

When A-68 moves clear of its birth position it will reveal seafloor that probably has not been free of ice cover for 120,000 years - during the peak of the last warm phase in Earth's history known as the Eemian.

Maybe, finally Hitler is found under the ice sheet? (o:

We are in a warming phase now and have been since the last ice-age ended.

We are riding a very slow natural warming phase since the last
interglacial (we are still in an ice age). On top of that we are
riding a very rapid warming phase which is almost entirely the product
of human activity.

Old September 27th 17, 12:08 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 2:39:54 PM UTC+1, Chris L Peterson wrote:

We are riding a very slow natural warming phase since the last
interglacial (we are still in an ice age). On top of that we are
riding a very rapid warming phase which is almost entirely the product
of human activity.

I want you to put Arctic sea ice evolution and hurricane seasonal influences in context, specifically the current view of the planet's daily and orbital motion in relation to the circle of illumination -

"At an equinox, the Earth's terminator -- the dividing line between day and night -- becomes vertical and connects the north and south poles." NASA

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap170319.html

Old September 27th 17, 02:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

wrote:

On Sunday, 24 September 2017 06:28:45 UTC-4, StarDust wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41366504

When A-68 moves clear of its birth position it will reveal seafloor that probably has not been free of ice cover for 120,000 years - during the peak of the last warm phase in Earth's history known as the Eemian.

Maybe, finally Hitler is found under the ice sheet? (o:

We are in a warming phase now and have been since the last ice-age ended.

We are riding a very slow natural warming phase since the last
interglacial (we are still in an ice age). On top of that we are
riding a very rapid warming phase which is almost entirely the product
of human activity.

Uh....no.

You are factually in error. Clearly a science denier.
Old September 27th 17, 07:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mark Storkamp

wrote:

On Sunday, 24 September 2017 06:28:45 UTC-4, StarDust wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41366504

When A-68 moves clear of its birth position it will reveal seafloor
that probably has not been free of ice cover for 120,000 years - during
the peak of the last warm phase in Earth's history known as the Eemian.

Maybe, finally Hitler is found under the ice sheet? (o:

We are in a warming phase now and have been since the last ice-age ended.

We are riding a very slow natural warming phase since the last
interglacial (we are still in an ice age). On top of that we are
riding a very rapid warming phase which is almost entirely the product
of human activity.

Uh....no.

You are factually in error. Clearly a science denier.

Maybe they teach science differently now than they used to, but I
remember it being:

1. Make observations

2. Develop a theory

3. Make predictions based on theory

4. Observe results

5. Revise theory as needed based on new findings.

I'm seeing steps 1 through 3 being carried out in 'climate science', but
I'm not seeing much in the way of 4 or 5. Predict an increase in storm
frequency, and we go a decade without a major hurricane landfall.
Predict no more snow in New York, and we have record snowfalls. Predict
heat waves across the country, and we don't hit 90 even once in August,
the hottest month of the year. Lake temperatures at record lows for the
summer. I hope you can see why some might be skeptical.

Is the process of comparing predictions to their outcomes denial? If I
were to say the predictions must be correct, therefore the observations
are in error, the proper way to conduct science? Or simply the best way
to get grants.