A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old April 5th 16, 09:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Cloudy and 56F as of 1:00 PM PDT here in Gresham. Cool today, but hot weather ahead!

Made my first trip today to SnowCap, Multnomah County's main food bank outlet. My rents and other expenses keep going up, yet Social Security will not recognize any inflation! My bank account keeps going down, so time to take advantage of some free food. I Didn't bring home as much as I could have, because I had to carry everything I took in a big bag I brought. A guy who got off there with me on the bus brought his own grocery carrier. That is the ticket. They cost about $27. Most of the "poor" people there drove cars, or had someone to chauffeur them, so that made it easy. A woman welcoming me to the pantry just had to use the excuse that it was my first time there to give me a big hug.

My secured MasterCard came in the mail last night!

Double-A

Old April 7th 16, 08:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

A clear and sunny day. A hard east wind, but this time warm. Currently 76F here in Gresham as of 12:00 noon PDT. Expected high 80F. Summer is here!

Had lunch with Kim yesterday.

Double-A

Old April 8th 16, 09:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

A calmer day. Currently 76F on its way to 79 as of 1:15 PM PDT here in Gresham.

Lovely weather. Not a cloud in sight.

Double-A

Old April 9th 16, 11:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster

On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 1:20:37 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

Double-A

Cloudy cool and rainy past two days.Laptop was down,and ACER is bad engineering . Sandy and I looking for an apartment in Fullerton. See Renting a nice place here is sky high. TreBert
Old April 10th 16, 09:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 3:49:59 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 1:20:37 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

Double-A

Cloudy cool and rainy past two days.Laptop was down,and ACER is bad engineering . Sandy and I looking for an apartment in Fullerton. See Renting a nice place here is sky high. TreBert

You're back together? Heck even renting a dump around here is too much for all the people who are living in the streets! But nothing like there, I suppose. The people are going to have to take power into their hands to right the situation, because nobody is going to do it for them!

Cloudy here, but calm and dry, after a short early hot spell. Currently 55F as of 1:30 PM PDT here in Gresham.

Double-A

Old April 12th 16, 09:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Cloudy with a chance of rain and wind out of the SW at 10 mph. Temperature 57F as of 1:30 PM PDT here in Gresham.

Yesterday I went over to my locker and cleaned some of the crude off the floor. Made a assessment of what was there so I can hopefully move my stuff out soon.

Double-A
Old April 14th 16, 10:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

A day of April showers here in Gresham. Raining as of 2:15 PM PDT and only 47F.

My usual luncheon with Kim yesterday.

Double-A

Old April 15th 16, 11:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

No rain today, but some clouds. 58F 3:45 PM PDT here in Gresham. Already went over to my locker earlier and brought back some stuff. It's about a 30 mile trip. Will be into a warming trend over the next few days.

There is quit a ruckus here right now because an illegal Mexican stole a man's car and killed his dog! They say Oregon is now a "sanctuary state"!

Double-A

Old April 16th 16, 10:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster

AA Very pretty day.No clouds and warm.Sunday its beach day,but have not heard from Sandy as yet. Been on the laptop all day. center in Anaheim has bee closed.Will open Monday. Trebert
Old April 17th 16, 01:05 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 2:11:35 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
AA Very pretty day.No clouds and warm.Sunday its beach day,but have not heard from Sandy as yet. Been on the laptop all day. center in Anaheim has bee closed.Will open Monday. Trebert

Will you be taking a beach ball? A speedo?

A perfect 69F here in Gresham as of 4:45 PM PDT. Sunny and calm.

Went to the Farmer's Market at the Mt. Hood Community College parking lot this morning. What a disappointment! Not a farmer among then. Mostly arts and crafts stuff. I know it is early for farm produce, but they can grow stuff in greenhouses. The only thing that interested me was the natural honey. But $5 for 4 ounces? I went across the street and bought 12 ounces of pure honey at Walgreens for $3.59! Your have to be careful nowadays because a lot of stores are selling honey that has been blended with high fructose corn syrup.

One good thing about going to the Farmer's Market is that I discovered the Stark Street 14 mile milestone that I thought had been lost. It is a little further away from the corner than I had looked before. Maybe they moved it a little, but at least it has been preserved. It has been there for 150 years now!

Then I went across town to my locker again. Takes over 2 hours to go the 30 miles via bus, then train, and then bus again. Cleaned some more and brought some stuff back. I saw Portland has started its Saturday Market under the Burnside Bridge. Corn Dogs $7.50?!! Didn't they used to be 50 cents? When I used to go to food festivals, I knew that with my appetite I could easily go through a $20 bill. But these day, I think I could easily go through a $100! And I hear rumors that the government wants to eliminate $100s and $50s! What will we do then???

Double-A