Earth 2 Anyone?

Old April 19th 05, 03:49 PM
Goffee Goffee is offline
Junior Member

Default Earth 2 Anyone?

The Spitzer team have an exciting announcement coming out tomorrow, see:

http://www.ascribe.org/cgi-bin/behol...132958&time=15

Anyone think that they've imaged a planet at Earth-orbit distance racing around a sun that's the same type as ours? Watch those odds on alien life existing plummet.

Goffee
Welcoming our distant alien overlord cousins!
Old April 19th 05, 04:20 PM
Goffee Goffee is offline
Junior Member

Damn link should now work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffee

Old April 25th 05, 02:02 PM
Damon Hill

Goffee wrote in
:

http://tinyurl.com/c7xcy

And here's the rest of the story:

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/news/n0504/21asteroids/

No Earth2, just a lot of dusty rubble that might
be part of an early planetary system similar to our
own.

--Damon

Old May 4th 05, 02:15 AM
gb

"Goffee" wrote in message
Damn link should now work

--
Goffee

A collision most likely created the Earth / Moon system we have today.
This may be an example where the such a collision (with a larger body) was
much more destructive!

gb