With NASA of Today How long Would it Take To Go To TheMoon?

Old August 23rd 04, 09:10 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default With NASA of Today How long Would it Take To Go To TheMoon?

Yes I( realize it does not have the people with the brains of the
past. Then it took us about 7 years. Still it is so much easier to
copy(yes) With the low I Q of todays NASA could it be done in
20 years. I don't think so Bert

Old August 23rd 04, 09:57 PM
Mad Scientist

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Yes I( realize it does not have the people with the brains of the
past. Then it took us about 7 years. Still it is so much easier to
copy(yes) With the low I Q of todays NASA could it be done in
20 years. I don't think so Bert

Can anyone seriously respond and explain why the USA spent billions of
dollars going to the Moon in the first place? It certainly wasn't to
bring back a bunch of rocks, nor was it to simply take a bunch of cool
pictures. It certainly wasn't just political grandstanding as others
have suggested either.

Old August 23rd 04, 11:03 PM
anon

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
.rogers.com...

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Yes I( realize it does not have the people with the brains of the
past. Then it took us about 7 years. Still it is so much easier to
copy(yes) With the low I Q of todays NASA could it be done in
20 years. I don't think so Bert

Can anyone seriously respond and explain why the USA spent billions of
dollars going to the Moon in the first place? It certainly wasn't to
bring back a bunch of rocks, nor was it to simply take a bunch of cool
pictures. It certainly wasn't just political grandstanding as others
have suggested either.

The same reason the Soviets spent billions of roubles on a space program.

Old August 24th 04, 12:48 AM
Mad Scientist

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Yes I( realize it does not have the people with the brains of the
past. Then it took us about 7 years. Still it is so much easier to
copy(yes) With the low I Q of todays NASA could it be done in
20 years. I don't think so Bert

Can anyone seriously respond and explain why the USA spent billions of
dollars going to the Moon in the first place? It certainly wasn't to
bring back a bunch of rocks, nor was it to simply take a bunch of cool
pictures. It certainly wasn't just political grandstanding as others
have suggested either.

The same reason the Soviets spent billions of roubles on a space program.

Still no answer for NASA went to the Moon more than once I see. Even it
was political grandstanding, why go more than once? What could be
accomplished the second time around or the third or the fourth that
wasn't accomplished in the first mission?

Old August 24th 04, 01:17 AM
Wally Anglesea

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Yes I( realize it does not have the people with the brains of the
past. Then it took us about 7 years. Still it is so much easier to
copy(yes) With the low I Q of todays NASA could it be done in
20 years. I don't think so Bert

Can anyone seriously respond and explain why the USA spent billions of
dollars going to the Moon in the first place? It certainly wasn't to
bring back a bunch of rocks, nor was it to simply take a bunch of cool
pictures. It certainly wasn't just political grandstanding as others
have suggested either.

The same reason the Soviets spent billions of roubles on a space program.

Still no answer for NASA went to the Moon more than once I see. Even it
was political grandstanding, why go more than once? What could be
accomplished the second time around or the third or the fourth that wasn't
accomplished in the first mission?

Again, since you were not born at the time, I'll explain. Really, your
teachers at grade school should have done a better job than they evidently
did. That says something about the state of education in the US today.

It was sold to the world as a scientific project. Going once to one place
would have been politically stupid (the US showed time and again they could
do it as often as they felt it was neccessary, plus, the incremental cost of
the following missions was not as huge as the cost of setting up to get
there once, and what, you are going to say to your astronauts that only 2 of
you will ever land on the Moon?), and the scientists, geologists, etc wanted
more. It was worth it. There was a whole lot of what comes after, but
poilitically, once the US had demonstrated that their Science was the best
in the world, the US decided it wanted to spend more on domestic issues.

I suppose, under your postion, once Columbus had reached the Carribean, that
should have ben the last of it, huh?

Incidentally, NO evidence of aliens, artificial structures, sphinxes,
pyramids, machines, excavators, etc were found on the Moon.
HTH

Old August 24th 04, 01:37 AM
Mad Scientist

anon wrote:

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

[...]

You give nothing, NOTHING in the way of an answer that anyone reading on
the internet could deduce. I am not surprised though, since you really
have nothing remarkable to say about anything whatsoever.

It was sold to the world as a scientific project.

So then it really wasn't a scientific project according to you, other
than a political project.

Going once to one place
would have been politically stupid

Why? They 'beat the Russians' to the Moon, no need to prove it they
could do it again. That IS stupid reasoning on your part.

(the US showed time and again they could
do it as often as they felt it was neccessary, plus, the incremental cost of
the following missions was not as huge as the cost of setting up to get
there once, and what, you are going to say to your astronauts that only 2 of
you will ever land on the Moon?), and the scientists, geologists, etc wanted
more. It was worth it. There was a whole lot of what comes after, but
poilitically, once the US had demonstrated that their Science was the best
in the world, the US decided it wanted to spend more on domestic issues.

So here you prove that Science is not about understandin the universe
for the 'benefit of all mankind' but rather an ego building exorcise for
countries and politicians. That is exactly what Hoagland is saying
about NASA.

I suppose, under your postion, once Columbus had reached the Carribean, that
should have ben the last of it, huh?

Hardly, you have no idea what my 'position' is on anything.

Incidentally, NO evidence of aliens, artificial structures, sphinxes,
pyramids, machines, excavators, etc were found on the Moon.
HTH

Corso says to people like you: "How would you know? Do you have the
security clearance? Were you there? They can't prove anything, all they
can do is criticise.'

Old August 24th 04, 01:53 AM
Wally Anglesea

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
news SNIP

Again, since you were not born at the time, I'll explain. Really, your
teachers at grade school should have done a better job than they
evidently did. That says something about the state of education in the US
today.

You give nothing, NOTHING in the way of an answer that anyone reading on
the internet could deduce. I am not surprised though, since you really
have nothing remarkable to say about anything whatsoever.

It was an accurate summation of you and your education. Sorry about that,
you will just have to live with it.

It was sold to the world as a scientific project.

So then it really wasn't a scientific project according to you, other than
a political project.

No, primarily it was a political effort to demonstrate to the world that
American science was better than Soviet. Lot's of countries get influenced
by who is top dog.

Going once to one place
would have been politically stupid

Why? They 'beat the Russians' to the Moon, no need to prove it they could
do it again. That IS stupid reasoning on your part.

Nope, stupid misunderstandikng by you. Something we have come to expect.

(the US showed time and again they could
do it as often as they felt it was neccessary, plus, the incremental cost
of the following missions was not as huge as the cost of setting up to
get there once, and what, you are going to say to your astronauts that
only 2 of you will ever land on the Moon?), and the scientists,
geologists, etc wanted more. It was worth it. There was a whole lot of
what comes after, but poilitically, once the US had demonstrated that
their Science was the best in the world, the US decided it wanted to
spend more on domestic issues.

So here you prove that Science is not about understandin the universe for
the 'benefit of all mankind' but rather an ego building exorcise for
countries and politicians. That is exactly what Hoagland is saying about
NASA.

No, nothing of the sort. Again, you show a simgular lack of logic. A
WILLINGESS to remain stupid.
I said nothing about Science being an ego building excersise.

Hoaxland is a deliberate fraud. Tell him I said so.

I suppose, under your postion, once Columbus had reached the Carribean,
that should have ben the last of it, huh?

Hardly, you have no idea what my 'position' is on anything.

Yes I do. Your position isn't to be educated. Your position is that you want
to live in a fantasy land where whatever you beleive in is true, only true,
and everyone else in the world is wrong.

Your position is that astronomers cannot account for the relative brightness
of the planet Venus, when it's been demonstrated that they can, and that you
are an idiot.

I could go on,. but anyone reading the tripe you post eventually realises
you are full of crap.

Incidentally, NO evidence of aliens, artificial structures, sphinxes,
pyramids, machines, excavators, etc were found on the Moon.
HTH

Corso says to people like you: "How would you know? Do you have the
security clearance? Were you there? They can't prove anything, all they
can do is criticise.'

Corso was laughable. His book is the worst form of crap. Have you read it?
(I have, cover to cover).If you actually have, then if you can think
critically, then you would realise if he was alive today he'd be laughed at,
as he so richly deserves.

Old August 24th 04, 01:54 AM
Paul Lawler

Mad Scientist wrote in
Wally Anglesea wrote:

It was sold to the world as a scientific project.

So then it really wasn't a scientific project according to you, other
than a political project.

Who do you think provided the funding for this "scientific" project?

Going once to one place
would have been politically stupid

Why? They 'beat the Russians' to the Moon, no need to prove it they
could do it again. That IS stupid reasoning on your part.

Sorry, we are not obligated to answer the question to your satisfaction.
It is not our job to make you happy with the answers.

(the US showed time and again they could
do it as often as they felt it was neccessary, plus, the incremental
cost of the following missions was not as huge as the cost of setting
up to get there once, and what, you are going to say to your
astronauts that only 2 of you will ever land on the Moon?), and the
scientists, geologists, etc wanted more. It was worth it. There was a
whole lot of what comes after, but poilitically, once the US had
demonstrated that their Science was the best in the world, the US
decided it wanted to spend more on domestic issues.

So here you prove that Science is not about understandin the universe
for the 'benefit of all mankind' but rather an ego building exorcise
for countries and politicians. That is exactly what Hoagland is
saying about NASA.

And what surprises you that politics are involved? Politics are almost
_always_ involved when the government is providing the funding.

I suppose, under your postion, once Columbus had reached the
Carribean, that should have ben the last of it, huh?

Hardly, you have no idea what my 'position' is on anything.

Incidentally, NO evidence of aliens, artificial structures, sphinxes,
pyramids, machines, excavators, etc were found on the Moon.
HTH

Corso says to people like you: "How would you know? Do you have the
security clearance? Were you there? They can't prove anything, all
they can do is criticise.'

Hasn't school started yet? As I have pointed out to you NUMEROUS times,
it is the person who makes the claim who must prove the claim. It is not
the defendant who must prove the claim to be false. Therefore until
evidence is provided to the contrary "no evidence of aliens, artificial
structures, sphinxes, pyramids, etc." must be assumed to be correct.
Sorry if you don't like it, that's the way it works.

--
"I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends. I can win an
argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer
Old August 24th 04, 02:08 AM
Mad Scientist

Wally Anglesea wrote:

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
news SNIP

Again, since you were not born at the time, I'll explain. Really, your
teachers at grade school should have done a better job than they
evidently did. That says something about the state of education in the US
today.

You give nothing, NOTHING in the way of an answer that anyone reading on
the internet could deduce. I am not surprised though, since you really
have nothing remarkable to say about anything whatsoever.

It was an accurate summation of you and your education. Sorry about that,
you will just have to live with it.

Wally demonstrates again why he is sociopathic.

It was sold to the world as a scientific project.

So then it really wasn't a scientific project according to you, other than
a political project.

No, primarily it was a political effort to demonstrate to the world that
American science was better than Soviet. Lot's of countries get influenced
by who is top dog.

Ahh so you agree with Hoagland then, how ironic.

Going once to one place

would have been politically stupid

Why? They 'beat the Russians' to the Moon, no need to prove it they could
do it again. That IS stupid reasoning on your part.

Nope, stupid misunderstandikng by you. Something we have come to expect.

The only 'we' is in your head sociopath.

[...]

Yes you did. Sure you didn't use those specific words, but you said the
Moon missions were all about 'beating the Russians'. Nuff said.

Hoaxland is a deliberate fraud. Tell him I said so.

Tell him yourself sociopath.

I suppose, under your postion, once Columbus had reached the Carribean,
that should have ben the last of it, huh?

Hardly, you have no idea what my 'position' is on anything.

Yes I do.

Whatever you say sociopath.

Your position isn't to be educated. Your position is that you want
to live in a fantasy land where whatever you beleive in is true, only true,
and everyone else in the world is wrong.

Whatever you say sociopath, don't they have meds which calm people like
you down? Forgot to take them I see.

Your position is that astronomers cannot account for the relative brightness
of the planet Venus, when it's been demonstrated that they can, and that you
are an idiot.

No my position is the solar system is going through electromagnetic
changes which affect all the planets, not just Venus.

I could go on,. but anyone reading the tripe you post eventually realises
you are full of crap.

So be it, but anyone reading your responses can plainly see how
sociopathic you are.

Incidentally, NO evidence of aliens, artificial structures, sphinxes,
pyramids, machines, excavators, etc were found on the Moon.
HTH

Corso says to people like you: "How would you know? Do you have the
security clearance? Were you there? They can't prove anything, all they
can do is criticise.'

Corso was laughable.

Typical response of sociopaths, laugh at everyone.

His book is the worst form of crap. Have you read it?
(I have, cover to cover).

Why bother reading crap? Now really is that not typical of insane
people? Read what they think is garbage so they can insult it, and
recommend to everyone to do the exact opposite of what they do.

If you actually have, then if you can think
critically, then you would realise if he was alive today he'd be laughed at,
as he so richly deserves.

Hypocrite.

Old August 24th 04, 02:10 AM
spam this

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message

I think if the launch were made today it would take about the same amount of
time. We have the same technology as far as propulsion goes. Oh, they
might shave some hours, but there wouldn't be much difference.

chuck

Unofficial Space Shuttle Launch Guide Steven S. Pietrobon Space Shuttle 0 August 5th 04 01:36 AM
Selected Restricted NASA Videotapes Michael Ravnitzky Space Station 5 January 16th 04 05:28 PM
NASA Releases Near-Earth Object Search Report Ron Baalke Misc 0 September 10th 03 04:39 PM
Risks Hallerb Space Shuttle 38 July 26th 03 01:57 AM
NYT: NASA Management Failings Are Linked to Shuttle Demise Recom Space Shuttle 11 July 14th 03 05:45 PM