Andromeda is going to collide with us. Save the Milky Way!

Old March 13th 18, 03:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Andromeda is going to collide with us. Save the Milky Way!

Really ? !

Please cite reference(s) ...
Old March 13th 18, 03:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 9:05:12 AM UTC-5, casagi.. wrote:
Really ? !

Please cite reference(s) ...

Watch the science channel on the show: "How the Universe Works." Watch the
episode about Dark Matter. It comes on about once a week where I live.
Old March 13th 18, 08:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

I've seen them and don't recall any references to a mysterious unknown
force holding galactic things together. Maybe you could give us a
reference quote of sorts ?
Old March 13th 18, 08:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

PS - All known orbits are exactly predicted with only gravity as the
"binding" force. e.g. planets, moons, satellites, etc.
Old March 13th 18, 08:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 2:08:46 PM UTC-5, casagi wrote:
I've seen them and don't recall any references to a mysterious unknown
force holding galactic things together. Maybe you could give us a
reference quote of sorts ?

As the episode on Dark Matter says, the whole reason scientists first thought of

Dark Matter is because there is no other way of explaining what holds a galaxy together.

You don't want quotes from the Internet. All kinds of crazy people live there.
Old March 14th 18, 06:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

Mark Earnest wrote on 13/03/18 20:50:
On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 2:11:13 AM UTC-5, Daniel60 wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote on 13/03/18 05:14:
On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 3:39:27 AM UTC-5, Daniel60 wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote on 11/03/18 20:29:
On Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 3:11:03 AM UTC-5, Daniel60 wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote on 10/03/18 22:46:
On Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 2:46:45 AM UTC-6, Daniel60 wrote:

Snip

Didn't I just suggest Centripetal/Centrifugal Force would do
that??

If not, that is what I was trying to do!

Centrifugal force is what spreads the galaxy apart--it is not what
holds it to its center.

... and *what does Centripetal Force do* , Mark??

Centrifugal force pushes rotated objects out--does not hold them in.

... and *your* answer to *the question I actually asked of you* (the
question I've highlighted above) is ...??

I just told you what it does. It pushes an object rotating around some center
outward.

No, you didn't, you told me what *Centrifugal force* does. I asked you
what *Centripetal Force* does. Can you see how one word is spelt
different to the other??

I don't care how it's spelled. People still don't know what they are talking about.

For you edification ....

Centrifugal force .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_force

and

Centripetal force .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centripetal_force

So, if you even bother to read those link, you might realise they are
different forces acting upon an object!!

--
Daniel
Old March 14th 18, 11:42 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

As the episode on Dark Matter says, the whole reason scientists first thought of

Dark Matter is because there is no other way of explaining what holds a galaxy together.

OK sure, but they're assuming only gravity; nothing mysterious
additional.
Old March 22nd 18, 11:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 3:42:02 AM UTC-7, wrote:

As the episode on Dark Matter says, the whole reason scientists first thought of

Dark Matter is because there is no other way of explaining what holds a galaxy together.

OK sure, but they're assuming only gravity; nothing mysterious
additional.

If it was dark matter it would have no place to hide.Just like Oort say something even if it makes no sense. I use my spin theory to add weight to all that is.More weight the greater the gravity force.This has been proven.Just think the added weight an electron gets when going at a very very fast speed.It fits its reality.Its Nobel clever thinking.Its what I do best.Thinking Bert
Old March 23rd 18, 01:26 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"Herbert Glazier" has
no place to hide even if it makes no sense. I use my
-spin-is-in-sane theory to add weight to all that.This has
been proven..It fits its reality.Its Nobelch clever thinking.
Its what I do best since...

"My bar tab for Bud Light broke all records". Bert.
"I use Cocaine which is a wonder-drug for me", Bert.
"I will do even more Drugs till the end of my time". Bert
"If I get shot in back of my head. So What". Bert.
"I'll be buried-face-down for the echo of my words to fade away",
"I feel very safe when I lie. OK, I will lie till I die". Bert

"I park & bark in the dark. I'm of low wit & a stupid ****."
"I am all alone in my van with my bucket that I **** into"
"Why am I not loved by all. I am very depressed". Bert
"Being Jewish I know this is so very true. O ya" -- Bert.

"Why am I posting this,its making me cry as it always does"

hmmm...snicker...chortle...ahahahAHAHA...ROTFL MAP\O