NEW! The SETI Society google group

Old February 3rd 07, 03:54 AM posted to sci.astro.seti,alt.sci.seti,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Jason H.

Default NEW! The SETI Society google group

Hello, I've been posting since the late '90's in the sci.astro.seti
newsgroup (and a few others) and have decided to experiment with the
creation of a moderated group called The SETI Society (using google's
neat new groups interface.) The sci.astro.seti newsgroup has had the
privilege over the years of having several respectable scientists,
writers, astronomers, and others participating. Lately it seems like
most of the posts are from nutbags and spOrgers. That is why I think
it is time to create this new moderated forum. It is for those who
are interested in SETI science, discussing SETI, Astrobiology or
related fields (especially Astronomy), or getting SETI news, promoting
research or even speculating about SETI are welcome to join.
To apply go to:

http://www.groups.google.com/group/setisociety

You are welcome to join if you have posted exclusively ON-TOPIC posts
on any of usenet's science domains (subject to a review of your
posting history.) If you frequently like to go off-topic on usenet
(i.e. constantly interjecting politics, religion/atheism, insulting
others or you are just a nutbag), don't even bother applying, you will
be banned. Even talking about spaceprobes from ET is O.K., (but no
UFO conspiracy nuts please!)
Please subscribe, participate and get the latest SETI related news and
discussion.

Keep searching! Jason H.

Old February 3rd 07, 07:04 AM posted to sci.astro.seti,alt.sci.seti,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Jason H. wrote:

[...]

If someone posted a suggestion that the SETI crowd themselves are a
bunch of nutbags would that be off topic?

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old February 3rd 07, 07:16 AM posted to sci.astro.seti,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Jason H." wrote in message
ups.com

Topic/author banishment right from the very get go. I'm impressed.

SETI can't take the heat, so they simply eliminate any possible public
source of fire from the very beginning. Smart move guys, pretty much
exactly as it almost worked for Hitler.
-
Brad Guth

Old February 3rd 07, 09:49 AM posted to sci.astro.seti,alt.sci.seti,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Anthony Cerrato

"Jason H." wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Good idea Jason! It is a shame that it has to come to this
but something has to be done! As you may have noticed, I
have been coming here less and less often since the NG was
hijacked by the small, erratic few. This may be the answer.
Keep up the good work and keep searching! Thanx,
....tonyC

Old February 6th 07, 01:06 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.seti,sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Anthony Cerrato" wrote in message

That's rather odd, that team SETI would bother as to shun the regular
laws of physics, and to otherwise banish whatever's the best available
replicated science. I wonder as to what parts of their faith-based Old
Testament hocus-pocus shadow are they so deathly afraid of?

Where does it say or interpret within their Old Testament: Thou shalt
lie (and get paid the really big bucks for doing so).

And meanwhile the grand orchestrated ruse/sting of our mutually
perpetrated cold-war century goes on and on, just like the phony baloney
war in Iraq and of nearly countless other fiascos around our polluted
and energy raped globe that's failing us rather badly in more ways than
we can count or otherwise manage to biologically evolve fast enough in
order to save our frail DNA/RNA sorry butts.

http://www.thothweb.com/article2704.html
All we can say for sure is that despite our supposed
advanced technology, NASA seems to be able to offer very
few answers to our questions about the moon. The veil of
secrecy that surrounds the truth means that the facts are
often suppressed because it is not deemed ‘in the public’s
interest’ for them to be made known. Sooner or later though,
it is inevitable that the moon will reveal its secrets and
a whole new chapter in our understanding of the universe
might well be opened when that happens.

Perhaps the honset problem here is that we simply have not quite gotten
around to that pesky part of having actually walked on that nasty moon
of ours. But lo and behold, there's lots more truth to share and share
alike.

The moon and Tom Hanks...'we don't need to go back there again.'

http://mygate.mailgate.org/mynews/sc...ma ilgate.org

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.a...98c2faf3d0e608

"88Countach" wrote in message
g.com
This is an excellent video series for anyone who doesn't believe
the Apollo landings were real:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khDI2MsWSYc

My God and freaking Christ almighty on yet another stick, you're all
sooooo impressed with YouTube's used toilet paper, as for representing
your fully subjective/conditional physics and science that oddly can't
be replicated. If that's not the best ever subjective infomercial video
crapolla that's flowing uphill and/or on a seriously ugly stick, then
absolutely nothing is.

"This is a video response to Apollo 11 Real or Hoax?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khDI2MsWSYc

You folks obviously can't count those frames per second, nor hardly
accomplish the meters/second worth on behalf of the most basic math, can
you. Are all such incest cloned Jews and Third Reich members this
easily snookered and/or simply dumbfounded past the infomercial spewed
point of no return? (apparently so)

Pretending or rather suggesting that such an unusually thin layer of
clumping bone dry moon dust that isn't the least bit electrostatic,
looks and reacts exactly like portland cement and cornmeal (and/or
somewhat guano island albedo like, as though xenon lamp spectrum
illuminated) falls at 9.8 m/s is rather pathetic. Unfortunately, most
of us village idiot outsiders haven't waked on clumping portland cement,
as I and a few others have. The 50/50 blend of portland cement and
cornmeal, or perhaps local guano dust, is just about what the
NASA/Apollo hocus-pocus doctor ordered.

Great God almighty, where's that good old vibrant and nearby Venus, as
of missions A11, A14 and A16? (or is that too much honest physics and
replicated science truth to behold?)

Any half-assed 3D simulator that's offering us the visiual perceived
orbital mechanics, as obtained from any given time and location on the
lunar surface, is what way more than proves the truth and nothing but
the truth, that we've all been badly snookered (some to death) by those
having "the right stuff".

Their unfiltered Kodak film, as having been exposed in more ways then
the human visible spectrum, while on such naked EVAs and otherwise while
in orbit, had way more than sufficient DR(dynamic range) to have easily
recorded Venus and a few other off-moon items besides Earth as viewed
above that physically dark lunar terrain. So, what's the NASA/Apollo
official lie this time?
-
Brad Guth

Old February 6th 07, 02:22 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.seti,sci.astro.amateur,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell
Art Deco[_5_]

Brad Guth wrote:

[...]

http://mygate.mailgate.org/mynews/sc...88a9e05ae97e4a
f.49644%40mygate.mailgate.org

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.a...ae457116d5/199
8c2faf3d0e608?lnk=st&q=brad+guth&rnum=2&hl=en#199 8c2faf3d0e608

"88Countach" wrote in message
ng.com
[...]

Bravo, Brad! Another fine meltdown.

--
"To err is human, to cover it up is Weasel" -- Dogbert
Old February 6th 07, 05:10 AM posted to sci.astro.seti,alt.sci.seti,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Jason H.

Hello,

I've just made the forum

http://www.groups.google.com/group/setisociety

readable by the public (i.e. you don't need to be a member to read
it). With only 4 members, I hope that more folks will be interested
in participating over time. I also have just created the domain
www.setisociety.org to help steer people toward the forum and to help
promote SETI science, Astrobiology and other sciences that affect SETI
such as Astronomy, geology, radio science etc, and of course to help
disseminate SETI news and communication amongst SETI professionals,
amateurs and enthusiasts.

One of the sci.astro.seti regulars (and a very longtime usenet
user) had suggested that I use the SETI League's public posting forum
instead of further "balkanizing" the SETI community. Perhaps there is
merit to this suggestion, however I've attempted in the past to make
posts to that forum, without success, and e-mails to them have gone un-
answered.

I apologize if some people are put off by my doing this, I only
hope to promote communication regarding SETI with the creation of this
forum; if it doesn't work out, at least I can say that I tried.

Thanks to the sci.astro and sci.astro.amateur newgroups for abliging
me this cross-post (as an amateur astronomer I like to think that SETI
is sometimes on-topic, especially in the popular culture, astronomy
magazines and with many who look through my scope and ask about it of
their own volition about life in space at public outreach events.)

Best regards, Jason H.

Old February 6th 07, 08:48 AM posted to sci.astro.seti,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Jason H." wrote in message
oups.com

You're a whole lot smarter and more honest than SETI. Or, am I wrong
about that as well?
-
Brad Guth

Old February 9th 07, 06:59 AM posted to sci.astro.seti,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Jason H." wrote in message
ups.com

Snookered folks and thus easily dumbfounded fools do need to be kept off
the public streets.

Got takers?
-
Brad Guth