Narrow Band Rosette from Dallas

Old December 30th 05, 05:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro.ccd-imaging

Default Narrow Band Rosette from Dallas

Santa brought a set of Astrodon 6nm eline filters. The sky was
awesome Christmas night, here is the first light image.

Special thanks to Ken Crawford for his info on combining
narrow band images.

Rosette Dark Clouds in SII, HA, OIII.....

Instrument(s): Meade 12" RCX 400 Telescope
CCD Camera: Yankee Robotics Trifid-2, 6303E
Exposu Astrodon 6nm SII, HA, OIII filters, 2:2:2 Hours
Guiding: Meade DSI controled by MaxIm DL
Location: Plano (Dallas), TX
Image Processing: MaxIm DL, Photoshop, Gralak Sigma

http://galaxyphoto.com/jw_yankee_rcx_eline_rosette.htm

-Jason Ware

VISIT MY ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY HOMEPAGE!!
ASTRO IMAGES FOR DOWN-LOAD, TIPS, REPRINTS

Old December 30th 05, 09:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro.ccd-imaging

Wow!

Were those single 2 hour exposures for each channel, or did you sum a
bunch of shorter exposures for each?

If the former, then it looks like the RCX tracks (and guides)
beautifully. You've convinced me I really, really need one - now :-)

Cheers
Beats

Old December 30th 05, 02:23 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro.ccd-imaging

Jason,

This is the best image or photo I've ever seen of the Rosette.

The elegant filimentary detail has an incredible 3 dimensional effect.

I think Meade should use your image. I think it would sell a lot of RCXs. I
know that I'm impressed on a whole new level now.

Rockett Crawford
http://web2.airmail.net/capella

Old December 31st 05, 10:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro.ccd-imaging

--

Very nice!
-JATO
Old January 1st 06, 01:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro.ccd-imaging

Stunning image Jason. Are you planning a mosaic of the whole core?
That would be worth the time.

Pierre MK-UK