ECO sensor toggling?

Old July 30th 05, 03:51 AM
snidely

Default ECO sensor toggling?

snidely wrote:
Jim Oberg wrote:
Alan tells it all:

[...]
During Tuesday morning's tests, the system was set artificially to give an
"empty" or "dry" reading. If one of the two sensors involved in the switch
didn't show the right reading, that would help engineers narrow down the
root of the problem

[...]

I'm still wondering how they do this...obviously, during this portion
of testing, they do not empty the tank and refill it to watch the
sensor change.

It also sounds like more than just enabling/disabling an inverter.

I was wondering if JimO, TimK, or Jorge had found some info to share
about this "toggling".

I believe on Sunday, Wayne Hale showed a sensor during the press
conference (he showed some sort of device about the size of a tennis
ball), and we've seen pictures of the ceramic frame with the platinum
wire woven on it, but what else is in the sensor (as opposed to in the
box in the Orbiter), and how is it toggled?

/dps