Is space-time different in other parts of the universe?

Old August 20th 04, 04:53 AM
Mad Scientist

Default Is space-time different in other parts of the universe?

Gravity, Space, and Time, not the same in all frames of reference? What
do you think?
---

Gravitational anomalies

An invisible hand?
Aug 19th 2004
From The Economist

"An unexplained effect during solar eclipses casts doubt on General
Relativity

“ASSUME nothing” is a good motto in science. Even the humble pendulum
may spring a surprise on you. In 1954 Maurice Allais, a French economist
who would go on to win, in 1988, the Nobel prize in his subject, decided
to observe and record the movements of a pendulum over a period of 30
days. Coincidentally, one of his observations took place during a solar
eclipse. When the moon passed in front of the sun, the pendulum
unexpectedly started moving a bit faster than it should have done.

Since that first observation, the “Allais effect”, as it is now called,
has confounded physicists. If the effect is real, it could indicate a
hitherto unperceived flaw in General Relativity—the current explanation
of how gravity works."

Mo
http://www.economist.com/science/dis...ory_id=3104321

--

Found the link from www.cyberspaceorbit.com

Old August 20th 04, 06:08 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...
Gravity, Space, and Time, not the same in all frames of reference? What
do you think?

Gravitational anomalies

snip
"An unexplained effect during solar eclipses casts doubt on General
Relativity

snip

Interesting. I wonder at what point during the eclipse is the change
measured?

BV/

Old August 20th 04, 06:18 PM
Mad Scientist

Benign Vanilla wrote:
"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...

Gravity, Space, and Time, not the same in all frames of reference? What
do you think?

Gravitational anomalies

snip

"An unexplained effect during solar eclipses casts doubt on General
Relativity

snip

Interesting. I wonder at what point during the eclipse is the change
measured?

BV/

You know I was wondering the same thing myself when I saw this article.
I posted it because I figured others here might find it interesting as
well. It's the first I have heard of such a test. Could be the science
involved is a misunderstanding, since I highly doubt that Einstein is
incorrect.

Old August 20th 04, 06:53 PM
Mad Scientist

Benign Vanilla wrote:

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...

Gravity, Space, and Time, not the same in all frames of reference? What
do you think?

Gravitational anomalies

snip

"An unexplained effect during solar eclipses casts doubt on General
Relativity

snip

Interesting. I wonder at what point during the eclipse is the change
measured?

BV/

Check out these web pages he
http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/norlok_probe.html
http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/sun/9-29.html

You can a 'black' object moving through the sun as well as picture
presumably of Planet X released by the Russians.

Archive of theories on the sun as well as Dark Matter can be found he
http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/april3.html

Old August 28th 04, 12:46 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

BV Space density is not an absolute. Bert