Compiling drivers for Indi

Old November 26th 19, 08:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Another Dave

Default Compiling drivers for Indi

I'm trying to automate my telescope using the Indi software. Everything
is fine and I can connect and run drivers on my home machine (Linux
Mint) and the rasppberry pi at the telescope (Raspbian).

However, when I try to compile drivers using cmake, it isn't finding the
include libraries for the header files. They are there and, obviously, I
can move the header files to the source directory. This works and is my
fallback position, but why isn't it working as it should?

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to techie
Old November 26th 19, 09:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Ned Latham[_2_]

Another Dave wrote:

I'm trying to automate my telescope using the Indi software. Everything
is fine and I can connect and run drivers on my home machine (Linux
Mint) and the rasppberry pi at the telescope (Raspbian).

However, when I try to compile drivers using cmake, it isn't finding the
include libraries for the header files. They are there and, obviously, I
can move the header files to the source directory. This works and is my
fallback position, but why isn't it working as it should?

Are the libraries installed?

You might have to use an installer, like ginstall, or put a ldconfig
command in your startup.
Old November 26th 19, 10:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Another Dave

On 26/11/2019 20:09, Ned Latham wrote:
Another Dave wrote:

I'm trying to automate my telescope using the Indi software. Everything
is fine and I can connect and run drivers on my home machine (Linux
Mint) and the rasppberry pi at the telescope (Raspbian).

However, when I try to compile drivers using cmake, it isn't finding the
include libraries for the header files. They are there and, obviously, I
can move the header files to the source directory. This works and is my
fallback position, but why isn't it working as it should?

Are the libraries installed?

You might have to use an installer, like ginstall, or put a ldconfig
command in your startup.

Thank you for your reply but I seem to have found the answer.
Their skeleton example's CMakeLists.txt file says you must have the
following lines in it

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.0)
PROJECT(libindi-skeletons C CXX)

include_directories( ../../)
include_directories( ../../libs)
include_directories( ../../libs/indibase)

This makes sense. Putting these lines in my CMakeLists.txt file cures
the problem although it begs the question why didn't they put these
lines in the examples.

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to techie