ASTRO: M27

Old July 20th 09, 09:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: M27

I imaged M27 to test my new AstroPhysics focal reducer. There were more than
15cm space between the reducer and the camera, so it was far beyond normal
use, because I had to fit the OAG in. I meanwhile have found that the
reducer fits into my Lumicon Easy Guider, which gives a much better
distance.
I combined a 13x10 minute colour image with the QHY8 camera plus Astronomik
UHC filter with last year's Halpha picture for the attached image.
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/M27-13x10+M27Ha104gut.jpg

The QHY8 image can be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp3/M27-13x10gut.jpg

Both imaged with a 10" Meade ACF on G11 mount from my Berlin inner-city
rooftop terrace.

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M27-13x10+M27Ha104gut.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	2521
Old July 20th 09, 11:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Milton Aupperle

Very Nice image Stephan.

What focal length was this at?

It looks like around 2 meters?

Milton Aupperle
http://www.outcastsoft.com/AstroImages/AstroIndex.html

In article , Stefan Lilge
wrote:

I imaged M27 to test my new AstroPhysics focal reducer. There were more than
15cm space between the reducer and the camera, so it was far beyond normal
use, because I had to fit the OAG in. I meanwhile have found that the
reducer fits into my Lumicon Easy Guider, which gives a much better
distance.
I combined a 13x10 minute colour image with the QHY8 camera plus Astronomik
UHC filter with last year's Halpha picture for the attached image.
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/M27-13x10+M27Ha104gut.jpg

The QHY8 image can be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp3/M27-13x10gut.jpg

Both imaged with a 10" Meade ACF on G11 mount from my Berlin inner-city
rooftop terrace.

Stefan

begin 666 M27-13x10+M27Ha104gut.jpg

Old July 21st 09, 12:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

that came out really well Stefan

looks like the spacing worked out anyway

Old July 21st 09, 08:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Thanks Milton.
Your guess is spot on, focal length was about 1950mm.

Stefan

Old July 21st 09, 08:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Thanks Richard.
I had to crop the image to hide the bad stars near the edge.
I always admire your AP155 that produces good stars even for the giant chip
of the 39 megapixel camera.

Stefan

m...

Old July 22nd 09, 02:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
news
Thanks Richard.
I had to crop the image to hide the bad stars near the edge.
I always admire your AP155 that produces good stars even for the giant
chip of the 39 megapixel camera.

I feel very lucky to have two nice AP refractors (155 f/7 and 180 f/9) with
field flatteners that work so well with those huge chips.

they sure make my work a lot easier.... they just work well.

I feel your pain because I used to use a Meade 10" LX200 and then a
Celestron C14.