Photos of the new moon?

Old August 8th 05, 07:47 AM
Kompu Kid

Default Photos of the new moon?

Hello All:

I am seeing a spectecular view of the new moon with a planet neraby
here in Northern California.

Are there any places on Internet that may have a photo of this?

Deguza

Old August 8th 05, 02:30 PM
Chris L Peterson

On 7 Aug 2005 23:47:37 -0700, "Kompu Kid" wrote:

Hello All:

I am seeing a spectecular view of the new moon with a planet neraby
here in Northern California.

Are there any places on Internet that may have a photo of this?

A friend of mine shot this last night:
http://gallery.gmayfield.com/scenic/venus_moon_8705

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old August 8th 05, 05:25 PM

Here you go..

http://moonsighting.com/moonphoto.html

Old August 8th 05, 11:50 PM
Mike Kreuzer

"Chris L Peterson" wrote in message
On 7 Aug 2005 23:47:37 -0700, "Kompu Kid" wrote:

Hello All:

I am seeing a spectecular view of the new moon with a planet neraby
here in Northern California.

Are there any places on Internet that may have a photo of this?

A friend of mine shot this last night:
http://gallery.gmayfield.com/scenic/venus_moon_8705

Very nice. Will have to get myself a digital camera one of these days. I
took a few photos of the moon/venus last night the old fashioned way, but
had guessed at 2 and 3 second exposures, so they might not come out. Will
see in an eon when the film's full.

Regards,
Mike Kreuzer

Old August 9th 05, 12:30 AM
Starlord

If I had had at lest a Barn Door on a tripod, I cold have shot them with my
trusty Topcon Super D and could have switched lens too.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net

Old August 9th 05, 01:20 AM
Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.

Starlord wrote:
If I had had at lest a Barn Door on a tripod, I cold have shot them with my
trusty Topcon Super D and could have switched lens too.

I have a Topcon B that needs repair. The guy I found on the internet
doesn't answer email. Anyone have more info?

Old August 9th 05, 04:52 AM
Starlord

I've not had to have mine repaired ( Thank the Stars Above ), but I remember
an ad in the Shutterbug magazine of someone up north who did repair on older
cameras.

I did buy a 2nd one at a yard sale about 9 years ago, it works kind of, the
fast shutter speeds are ok, but the slower ones are off, so I keep it as a
back up. I've watched the price of Topcon's on Ebay, OUCH! I wouldn't mind
having another Exatra either, have used them in the past too.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net

"Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D." wrote in
message ...

Old August 9th 05, 02:31 PM
Kompu Kid

Thank you. This is beautiful.

Deguza

Old August 9th 05, 02:32 PM
Kompu Kid

These are all beautiful.

Deguza

Old August 11th 05, 07:09 AM
Preston S Justis

"Kompu Kid" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello All:

I am seeing a spectecular view of the new moon with a planet neraby
here in Northern California.

Are there any places on Internet that may have a photo of this?

Deguza

http://mysite.verizon.net/psjustis/moonvenus.htm

:^)
--