Blue Origin's capsule for New Shepard.

Old April 4th 17, 03:03 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science,sci.astro
Robert Clark[_5_]

Default Blue Origin's capsule for New Shepard.

Blue Origin released some interior images of the capsule they intend to use
for the New Shepard suborbital tourism rocket:

Take a Peek Inside Blue Origin’s New Shepard Crew Capsule.
Published: 29 Mar , 2017
by Nancy Atkinson
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...47&oe=594C61EE
http://www.universetoday.com/134783/...-crew-capsule/

I don't like the solid rocket escape motor being placed in the center of the
passenger cabin. From discussion on other forums I understand this is a
center of gravity issue. They need the heavy mass of the solid rocket motor
to be placed forward for stability reasons.
Still, I get a very visceral negative reaction to this arrangement. Anyone
else get that reaction?

In a video animation from 2015, they show handholds on the solid rocket
motor -
while floating though be careful to mind your head!

https://www.gifgif.io/PhS8AH.gif

Bob Clark

Finally, nanotechnology can now fulfill its potential to revolutionize
21st-century technology, from the space elevator, to private, orbital
launchers, to 'flying cars'.
This crowdfunding campaign is to prove it:

Nanotech: from air to space.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/n...ce/x/13319568/

Old April 4th 17, 05:41 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.astro
Vaughn Simon

On 4/4/2017 10:03 AM, Robert Clark wrote:
I don't like the solid rocket escape motor being placed in the center of
the passenger cabin. From discussion on other forums I understand this
is a center of gravity issue. They need the heavy mass of the solid
rocket motor to be placed forward for stability reasons.
Still, I get a very visceral negative reaction to this arrangement.
Anyone else get that reaction?

No.

At first glance is looks like a waste of valuable capsule internal
volume. but it's also an interesting solution to a design problem.

Blue Origin clue? Pat Flannery Policy 2 February 1st 11 06:15 AM
bezos blue origin BlagooBlanaa Policy 0 July 24th 06 06:42 AM
More details from Blue Origin Neil Halelamien Policy 0 June 13th 05 11:47 AM
Blue Origin on Monster... Scott Lowther Policy 17 May 25th 04 08:28 PM