gratitude etc. (was Apollo: One gas environment?)

Old May 20th 04, 08:44 AM
Pat Flannery

Hop David wrote:

oh-EEEEE-oh! EEEEEEEEEE-oh!

Oh great, I'd forgotten about the god-damned winged monkeys....ever
notice how many things in "The Wizard Of Oz" resemble things in "The
Lord Of The Rings"? Both have got little people living in a flower
strewn land. One has Winkies; the other has Orcs. Both have talking
trees with bad tempers. One has a good witch and a bad witch; the other
has a good wizard and a bad wizard. Both have evil armies marching out
of haunted castles at night as people watch them from cliffs above the
castles. In one somebody gets a horrible surprise while staring into a
crystal ball; in the other the same happens when somebody stares into a
Palantir. One has winged monkeys, the other has winged Nazgul. One has
The Emerald City, the other has The White City. One has a disembodied
head that speaks while surrounded by blasts of fire, the other has a
disembodied eye that does the same. In one of them a little dog
accompanies the heroine to a far land, in the other one a little
son-of-a-bitch tags along with the heroes....

Pat

Old May 20th 04, 01:39 PM
OM

On Thu, 20 May 2004 02:44:11 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

....ever notice how many things in "The Wizard Of Oz" resemble things in "The
Lord Of The Rings"?

"...Yes, Frodo, and your little pet Hobbit Samwise, too!
Eeee-hee-hee-heeee!!!"

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 20th 04, 05:09 PM
Hop David

Pat Flannery wrote:

Hop David wrote:

oh-EEEEE-oh! EEEEEEEEEE-oh!

Oh great, I'd forgotten about the god-damned winged monkeys

Did you catch the plug for Kevin Costner's awful movie when Dorothy
destroys the wicked witch?

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html

Old May 20th 04, 08:22 PM
OM

On Thu, 20 May 2004 09:09:25 -0700, Hop David
wrote:

Did you catch the plug for Kevin Costner's awful movie when Dorothy
destroys the wicked witch?

....Funny, I saw nothing about dancing wolves or sleeping with sheep in
that scene.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 20th 04, 09:45 PM
LooseChanj

On or about Thu, 20 May 2004 14:22:41 -0500, OM om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org made the sensational claim that:
wrote:
Did you catch the plug for Kevin Costner's awful movie when Dorothy
destroys the wicked witch?

...Funny, I saw nothing about dancing wolves or sleeping with sheep in
that scene.

Like that's the only awful movie KC's ever made.
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | Just because something
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | is possible, doesn't

Old May 20th 04, 10:54 PM
Hop David

wrote:

Did you catch the plug for Kevin Costner's awful movie when Dorothy
destroys the wicked witch?

...Funny, I saw nothing about dancing wolves or sleeping with sheep in
that scene.

OM

IIRC the Scarecrow catches fire and Dorothy throws a bucket of water on him,
accidentally soaking the witch in the process. The witch has the same
vulnerability of the aliens in Shyamalan's _Signs_ and starts
dissolving. As she melts into the ground she squawks "Water World! Water
World!".

Old May 21st 04, 01:44 AM
Rick DeNatale

On Thu, 20 May 2004 02:44:11 -0500, Pat Flannery wrote:

Oh great, I'd forgotten about the god-damned winged monkeys....ever
notice how many things in "The Wizard Of Oz" resemble things in "The
Lord Of The Rings"?

I think that the best description of WOZ was the one in the TV listings of
a Bay Area (I think) newspaper and was something like:

Transported to a surrealistic landscape, a young girl kills the first
woman she meets, and then teams up with three others to kill again.

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Misc 6 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM