Help Australia find Planet 9

Old March 28th 17, 04:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

Default Help Australia find Planet 9

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-39401667

Old March 29th 17, 07:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Tuesday, 28 March 2017 17:26:00 UTC+2, RichA wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-39401667

I have serious reservations about that leaning dome!

Did they buy the complete Observatory secondhand?

Then not have the necessary funds to match the telescope's "latitude" to the site? ;-)
Old March 29th 17, 08:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 12:08:35 AM UTC-6, Chris.B wrote:

I have serious reservations about that leaning dome!

Of course, you're just kidding - it is distorted by the process used to
photograph a wide expanse of sky to show off the Milky Way to good effect.

John Savard
Old March 30th 17, 07:34 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Wednesday, 29 March 2017 21:28:00 UTC+2, Quadibloc wrote:
On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 12:08:35 AM UTC-6, Chris.B wrote:

I have serious reservations about that leaning dome!

Of course, you're just kidding - it is distorted by the process used to
photograph a wide expanse of sky to show off the Milky Way to good effect..

John Savard

Thank you, John.

Humour can be found everywhere. If you look for it. How else can we measure our mad world, or our vast universe, in any other terms which make any sense? The harder the work the more humour must be added to the equation of life, if one is to survive unscathed.

Share a smile. It might save a life. It might save your own. Somebody might need one far more than you could ever know. The mask of indifference, or even hatred, is often the only face a person sees on their way to an act of terrorism, their own suicide, or to commit a heinous crime.

Smiles are still the cheapest health care and emergency diplomacy available to man. He who scowls at the world sees only scowls in return. Many equate scowls with their own authority and need for respect. He who smiles has no need of either. It is enough to own an endless supply of free smiles and the freedom to share them.

The tyrant has no stock of, or for, such infinite wealth. A smile is an affront to their dignity, as a hairless ape. One who chooses to carry a burden of misery that no ape can possibly manage alone. Which is why tyrants always need henchmen. The Joker's father demanded a smile, with the same evil mind which corrupts the clown's smiley mask into something to frighten others.

The beautiful and the celebrity often see nothing but smiles. Constantly reinforcing their own sense of importance to the world. An overabundance of smiles can easily lead to narcissism and eventual self abuse. All things in moderation. While the scarred often see only fear in those who cannot cope with their own prejudices. Further reinforcing the seeming tragedy of their own existence and self-image. An honest smile may ease even their intolerable burden. Denial of a smile, where appropriate, is a weapon of mass destruction, in the wrong hands.