reviving Wegener's original Centrifugal hypothesis & original pulsarhypothesis; history of science

Old October 16th 06, 09:54 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro
a_plutonium

Default reviving Wegener's original Centrifugal hypothesis & original pulsarhypothesis; history of science

I am quite happy to find out that I was not alone in coming up with a
theory to explain Plate Tectonics as caused by Centrifuge Effect. So I
connected with Wegener, although independent of him.

And this episode reminds me of the Pulsar history when the original
discoverers of pulsars thought them to be "little green men" naming them
as LGM.

What I am trying to say is that so very often it happens in science
where the original discoverers try to explain the facts with a theory,
and this theory is later dropped or denied by others, for really no good
reason, and given some space of time, the original theory is revived or
resusitated and seen to be the true theory in the first place.

This happens in common day living also where our first instincts turn
out to have been the correct path.

And I am really surprized at how close I came to Wegener before reading
the below. How recently I suggested ice sheet flow to model Continental
Drift.

But here is where I differ with Wegener, for Wegener never had the
opportunity of recent discoveries. Namely in the late 1990s was
discovered that the Inner Core was spinning faster than the rest of the
Earth layers.

What I added that is new to Wegener is the idea that the Mantle is
probably spinning faster than the Ocean-Crust, and on top of that
(excuse the pun) that the Ocean Crust is spinning faster than the
Continental-Crust. So that all of Plate Tectonics can be explained by
spinning faster of layers.

This makes alot more sense than the prevailing Convection Heat theory
with its odious subduction. No-one has ever proven that Continental
Crust goes into the Ocean Crust or Mantle, and how could it being so
much less dense. And ever since the Convection Heat theory was announced
and accepted, it has never been amenable to a scale model. It was
NON-Model-able. (Is there such a term nonmodelable.)

It is crucial in science that if a theory is true, that a model can be
built that simulates the actions and results.

It has been shown in the 1990s that the Inner Core spins faster than the
rest of the planet Earth. I forecast that soon we will be able to
measure the spin of the Mantle relative to the Crusts -- Ocean and
Continent. And that this spin differential is a force in excess that can
explain all of Plate Tectonics. In other words, Plate Tectonics and
Continental Drift are not some elaborate underground heat and convection
cells but simply the fact that layers below ground move and spin at
different rates.

###
quoting
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/history/wegener.html

Wegener thought that the continents were moving through the earth's
crust, like icebreakers plowing through ice sheets, and that centrifugal
and tidal forces were responsible for moving the continents. Opponents
of continental drift noted that plowing through oceanic crust would
distort continents beyond recognition, and that centrifugal and tidal
forces were far too weak to move continents -- one scientist calculated
that a tidal force strong enough to move continents would cause the
Earth to stop rotating in less than one year.

end quoting
###

Also, I want to note, that Lightning Bolts play some key role in Plate
Tectonics, as well as the fact that the Inner Core is a Electric Motor
or Generator and this electrical/magnetic energy influences in large
part the Plate Tectonics. Probably, Lightning Bolts slow the Continents
down relative to the Ocean Crust. And the Inner Core as a
Motor/Generator creates vibrations at the Mantle to Crust interfaces.
The model for the Motor/Generator effect of the Inner Core is that of
the refrigerator top that vibrates and moves pots resting across and
eventually falling off.

Now it has been said about the recent findings of the Inner Core
spinning faster that it is at the edge of the reliability of our
measuring devices. But it is good and grand science for it is repeatable
and others will find the same spin differential. And others will find
that the Mantle spins faster than Crust. And when they find and confirm
such, then geology will really make strides in our understanding of
Plate Tectonics.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium