an unknown

Old March 11th 04, 12:47 PM
Bill Arnold

Default an unknown

Good morning,

Last night, at about 7:59:30, CST, as I was watching Milstar 3 moving W
to E, about 3 degrees to the left of 35-Lambda Tauri (the star 5 degrees
below the point in the V of the Hyades), I saw another, moving right to left
above Milstar. I went to Mike McCants web page and downloaded the elements
there, but am unable to find a match. My location is 30:29:07 -89:00:09.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Bill Arnold

Old March 11th 04, 04:02 PM
Ted Molczan

"Bill Arnold" wrote in message
Good morning,

Last night, at about 7:59:30, CST, as I was watching Milstar 3 moving

to E, about 3 degrees to the left of 35-Lambda Tauri (the star 5 degrees
below the point in the V of the Hyades), I saw another, moving right to

left
above Milstar. I went to Mike McCants web page and downloaded the

elements
there, but am unable to find a match. My location is 30:29:07 -89:00:09.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

How far above Milstar 3 was it, and what was its approxdimate magnitude?

Did it move exactly right to left? If not, was it rising ot setting?

What was its approximate angular velocity?

Ted Molczan

Old March 11th 04, 04:02 PM
Ted Molczan

"Bill Arnold" wrote in message
Good morning,

Last night, at about 7:59:30, CST, as I was watching Milstar 3 moving

to E, about 3 degrees to the left of 35-Lambda Tauri (the star 5 degrees
below the point in the V of the Hyades), I saw another, moving right to

left
above Milstar. I went to Mike McCants web page and downloaded the

elements
there, but am unable to find a match. My location is 30:29:07 -89:00:09.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

How far above Milstar 3 was it, and what was its approxdimate magnitude?

Did it move exactly right to left? If not, was it rising ot setting?

What was its approximate angular velocity?

Ted Molczan

Unknown Satellite Bill Arnold Satellites 2 February 17th 04 11:31 AM
Unknown Rocket Wreckage C. Newport History 31 December 19th 03 11:24 PM
Outer Space/NASA Pictures . Space Station 0 September 8th 03 04:03 PM
Outer Space Pictures . Space Station 0 September 8th 03 03:51 PM
unknown object near Mars Matt Amateur Astronomy 11 July 25th 03 04:07 AM