Sunday Night

Old March 8th 05, 03:01 PM
Starlord

Default Sunday Night

Having gotten over most of the effects of a Black Widow bite and also the
sky staying clear after so many weeks of rain. I loaded my Babylon 8 into
the old Battlecar and drove up to the corner I set up on.

It was a slow night, only a small handfull of people stopping by, but two of
them where guys that had never seen anything via a telescope and were in awe
that the rings of Saturn could be seen.

It felt good to get out and be able to show something off to others.

Only down point and I just let it pass without careing about it, but some
lady who was driving out from the ice cream joint, shooted out her window
asking if it was a Telescope, was it a dob and was I a member of the
palmdale club, so I answered as follows:

1. Yes a telescope
2. Yes a Dob, home made even.
3. No, they know of me, but I'm a Sidewalk Astronomer and not a member.

She got into a huff and drove off. It takes all kinds, I just lumped her in
the class of "Snobs". If she has a scope at all, you'd never find her out on
a sidewalk giving views of the sky to passerbys.

Old March 9th 05, 12:05 AM
JATO

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 07:01:33 -0800, "Starlord"
wrote:

[...]

Maybe she just doesn't like Dobs. Glad to hear you're doing better.

-JATO
http://jatobservatory.org
Old March 9th 05, 12:19 AM
Double-A

Starlord wrote:
Having gotten over most of the effects of a Black Widow bite

Was it as hellish as I've heard?

Double-A

Old March 9th 05, 12:31 AM
Starlord

Don't know what you've herd, but I got bit on the back side of my shoulder
and a big black area formed and filled with yuk. I had chills at night even
with my trailer's temp up around 80F. had to force myself to eat anything at
all and it was all I could do to feed and care for my cats. I was running a
103F temp for almost a week.

Only after I got a heating pad on the first with my va money and was able to
put it on high and apply it to the area and drain it all out did I start to
get better.

The only thing that's ever been worst than this was when during Army BASIC I
was ( along with everyone else ) a shot to protect us from the Black Death
and eveyone got a small case of that.

"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old March 9th 05, 10:36 AM
Mac

wrote:

[...]

******************* ************
Wonder if she got into a huff as you were not a paid-up
member of some local club and were out and about and making
astronomy accessible...??
Anyway, glad you are better and happy to hear you are still
letting others see some of the local wonders.
---Mac

Old March 9th 05, 02:01 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Starlord I had to call 911 because I was bitten by a spider. I took
a picture of this spider,and if you want to see it email me. Bert

Old March 10th 05, 12:37 AM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi Starlord I had to call 911 because I was bitten by a spider. I

took
a picture of this spider,and if you want to see it email me. Bert

Was that before or after you stomped on it?

My email address is in my headers.

Double-A

Old March 10th 05, 01:39 AM
Starlord

I think I've got something even worst sitting behind me! It's called a
computer! and after today I'm thinking of painting it black and put a big
bright red hourglass on it!

"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...