My point is this

Old August 28th 03, 01:08 PM
Mick

Default My point is this

Does anyone here know of people who have 1000's of dollars worth of scopes
and have emphatically said they "don't give a f;;;k about Mars!" I know of

one..two actually (that Mars Yawn clown)

Anyway, my point is this, if your not into this hobby 100%, your draggin and
you shouldn't have the gaul to proclaim yourself an "astromomer" of any
kind...fraud with impressive equipment yes, who is inexplicably choosey
about what's worth observing in the skies and what isn't....It's like saying
"oh, I like sunspots" (but in reality you don't bother wasting time looking
at them because infact you believe sunspots are really boring and can't hold
a candle to ..the veil nebula).

I don't care if its Mars, the veil nebula, the coma cluster, M41, the
pleides or sunspots..it's all of equal
wonder to me...

Old August 28th 03, 03:35 PM
Jeroen Smaal

"Mick" wrote in message
Does anyone here know of people who have 1000's of dollars worth of

scopes
and have emphatically said they "don't give a f;;;k about Mars!" I know

of
one..two actually (that Mars Yawn clown)

Anyway, my point is this, if your not into this hobby 100%, your draggin

and
you shouldn't have the gaul to proclaim yourself an "astromomer" of any
kind...fraud with impressive equipment yes, who is inexplicably choosey
about what's worth observing in the skies and what isn't....

So you think a personal taste is a bad thing?

Old August 28th 03, 03:43 PM
Mick

So you think a personal taste is a bad thing?

Would a professional bird watcher or bird expert give a R A for the lowly
ugly crow? Probably not because crows are highly social animals..

Old August 28th 03, 03:43 PM
Mick

Old August 28th 03, 04:22 PM
Al

Does anyone here know of people who have 1000's of dollars worth of
scopes
and have emphatically said they "don't give a f;;;k about Mars!"

First of all, you didn't write "don't give a f;;;k about Mars!" Instead you
spelled the "word" out completely, as you have done on several other of your
disgusting posts. You have been asked to tone down your posts by several
people, but you persist.

For your information, there are many of us who are not into the hobby
(astronomy) 100%. This is not because we don't care about astronomy, but
rather because we have other obligations (career/job, children,
wife/husband, other commitments and other hobbies). And we don't need a
bone head like you to tell us how much equipment we should own and how to
use it. Try real hard to sit quitely, enjoy the view and mind your own damn
business!

Al

Old August 28th 03, 05:41 PM
etok

"Mick" wrote in message
Does anyone here know of people who have 1000's of dollars worth of

scopes
and have emphatically said they "don't give a f;;;k about Mars!" I know

of
one..two actually (that Mars Yawn clown)

Anyway, my point is this, if your not into this hobby 100%, your draggin

and
you shouldn't have the gaul to proclaim yourself an "astromomer" of any
kind...fraud with impressive equipment yes, who is inexplicably choosey
about what's worth observing in the skies and what isn't....It's like

saying
"oh, I like sunspots" (but in reality you don't bother wasting time

looking
at them because infact you believe sunspots are really boring and can't

hold
a candle to ..the veil nebula).

Oh dear. Mick is upset again. First it's the fires, then it's the seeing,
then it's people who use DSCs, then it's the people with expensive
equipment.Mars is a bust. All those other people are frauds.
It's always something *outside* of Mick that makes him upset. It's always
:"that" or "them". If only the seeing was better.
If only the smoke would go away. If only Mars was higher in the sky. If only
those "frauds" with "impressive equimpent" would leave the newsgroup.

It's a pity, really. Here's the one, true, dedicated amateur astronomer
(100% dedicated), and he's soooo unhappy so much of the time. That's some
reward he's getting for his dedication and humility. What a cruel world.
There is no justice. If only people would do right, everything would be OK.

Bitterness is like an acid. It consumes every vessel that contains it.
When I am angry, the problem is within ME. It is my fear, usually that
results in my anger. Unless I get to the root cause of my unhappiness,
which usually lies within ME, then I am consigned to be miserable. What am
I so afraid of that I am willing to be so miserable?

I am afraid of meeting myself.

Regards,
Etok

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old August 28th 03, 06:01 PM
Richard DeLuca

In article ,
"etok" wrote:

SNIP_

Bitterness is like an acid. It consumes every vessel that contains it.
When I am angry, the problem is within ME. It is my fear, usually that
results in my anger. Unless I get to the root cause of my unhappiness,
which usually lies within ME, then I am consigned to be miserable. What am
I so afraid of that I am willing to be so miserable?

SNIP

Sounds like you know this firsthand, and in at this regard we are
brothers under the skin. Like you, I learned a long time ago that the
only thing I can control is my attitude, and that acceptance is the
solution to all my problems. Thanks for the reminder- I need to hear
others say it, lest I forget.

Starry Skies,
Rich