NASA understatement of the year

Old August 27th 03, 10:24 PM
Russell Wallace

Default NASA understatement of the year

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:11:35 -0700, lal_truckee
wrote:

Make a cheaper launch system, shoot up thousands instead of sevens, lose
hundreds, and let's get into space permanently. Our ancesters weren't
such wimps or most of the posters to this forum wouldn't be posting from
where they are now; why are we so risk adverse?

It's not so much the risk that's the limiting factor as that to do
significant manned space exploration we'll need Orion or one of the
other nuclear engine designs. I'd suggest lobbying your local
politician for that.

--
"Sore wa himitsu desu."
To reply by email, remove

Old August 28th 03, 09:19 PM
Greg Crinklaw

gibbonsc wrote:
Come on, Greg tell us what you really think about Rich!

But seriously;
He's gotta be one of s.a.a.'s most enduring curmudgeons. If ya don't like
what he has to say, you're welcome not to read it.
FWIW, I used to get irate with Rich, but he's actually mellowed a bit in
recent years.

Well, I of course regret sending that message. He really pushed me over
the edge that time! I aplogize if I upset anyone.

But I disagree that he's just a curmugeon. I stand by my assesment of
misanthrope. Really -- at least as evidenced here, he sees no good in
anyone. In fact, he seems to relish in revealing human failings. That
really gets to me after a while, perhaps because it is so contrary to my
own nature.

Besides, ignoring his anti-human ploitical bent, his facts are wrong
nearly 100% of the time...

Clear skies,
Greg

--