A hair of the SV's EDT?

Old August 19th 03, 08:19 PM
ValeryD

Default A hair of the SV's EDT?

Hi all!

http://www.cloudynights.com/reviews4/apm-achro.htm

No any exaggeration, clear and simple. And the price is $300 instead of
$1500 (only a focuser is better in the SV's EDT).

Markus, my congratulations!

V.D.
Old August 19th 03, 10:26 PM
Cover2Cover

Default A hair of the Aries Chromacor

Hi all!

http://www.telescope.com/jump.jsp?it...rID=237&KICKER

No any exaggeration, clear and simple. And the price for an entire ED
scope is less than the Chromacor add on thingamajig.

Orion, my congratulations!

DR

Old August 19th 03, 10:29 PM
Patriot

So, everyone in the U.S. who thinks cheap
Chinese telescopes are a good thing, will
you still feel the same when your job is
outsourced to China or India or Malaysia?
When the only 2 choices of employment
you have are Wal-Mart or McDonald's, will
it still be a good thing? That some
Ukranian phuck continually bashes a
U.S. company, is that a good thing?
Just wondering...how are your burger
flipping skills these days? You might
need them sooner than you realize.

Old August 19th 03, 11:27 PM
Chris1011

No any exaggeration, clear and simple. And the price for an entire ED
scope is less than the Chromacor add on thingamajig.

Is that a 6"? The aperture does not appear to be a whole lot bigger than a big
Nagler eyepiece. ;))

RC

Old August 20th 03, 12:41 AM
Jon Isaacs

No any exaggeration, clear and simple. And the price for an entire ED
scope is less than the Chromacor add on thingamajig.

Orion, my congratulations!

DR

Of course this is only an 80mm scope. For a similar sum of money the
Chromacorr is able to make a $300 5 inch Achromat perform visually like an APO.

Orion has apparently done a good job here, though Doug Peterson's last report
was that the star test showed this was an "ED" scope.

The sector that will probaby be most affected by the Orion scope are the
premium 80mm Achromats and "ED" scopes like the Ranger/Pronto and SV 80mm F6
scopes.

jon

Old August 20th 03, 01:33 AM
Bill Meyers

One million people are out of work in California alone. Some for many months
or a year or more..
And people who have given up in despair after many months of looking aren't
included in the unemployment figures.
Lots of technical and engineering people who were taught to worship the
Golden Calf of the totally untrammeled free market are having second thoughts
now that they are losing their life savings while unemployed. Turns out it was
harder to know which side your bread is buttered on than the engineering schools
let on.
About half the homeless are employed, by the way. They just can't make
enough to afford shelter.
Reminds me of India as I knew it years ago: lots of highly trained talented
scientific and technical people with little hope of getting jobs. And lots of
homeless living on the streets with no hope at all . Very sad.
I hope we can learn somthing from the experience of Great Britain: once the
dominant economic power (as we were in the 1950's and 60's) and now with a GNP
lower than Italy's.
Bill Meyers

Al wrote:

"Patriot" wrote in message
So, everyone in the U.S. who thinks cheap
Chinese telescopes are a good thing, will
you still feel the same when your job is
outsourced to China or India or Malaysia?
When the only 2 choices of employment
you have are Wal-Mart or McDonald's, will
it still be a good thing? That some
Ukranian phuck continually bashes a
U.S. company, is that a good thing?
Just wondering...how are your burger
flipping skills these days? You might
need them sooner than you realize.

Hi Henny Penny,

When you've consumed half of your beer, is your glass half empty or half
full? I think that most of our jobs are fairly safe for years to come and
you shouldn't lose much sleep over this. The economic threat from China has
a way of putting American business on notice...and this is good!

Al