Hidden Planet/moon mineralogy and shrinkage

Old July 10th 08, 06:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if
The Big DP

Default Hidden Planet/moon mineralogy and shrinkage

"eyeball" wrote in message
On Jul 10, 10:20 am, BradGuth wrote:
What
could possibly go wrong? (besides getting myself put on a stick)

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth

Just remember that the name Jose Jalapeno is taken.

Now THAT'S funny....dun-HAM.....Dun-Haaaam (peanut)

Old July 11th 08, 03:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if
don findlay

BradGuth wrote:

Why did some of our NASA teams of prestigious associate wizards
intentionally go out of their way to photoshop and publish this rather
nifty color saturation enhanced image of mercury
(257037main_caloris_color_350.jpg), so as to having selectively
modified its dynamic range in those color saturations in order to
having excluded the thin but hot atmosphere of Mercury, and otherwise
to having removed any possible artifacts of the surrounding background
outside of the planet itself?

Dramatic Volcanism Forged Mercury's Surface
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Technology...ory?id=5304781
An image of the planet Mercury, made during the January 2008 flyby of
the planet by the Mercury... (REUTERS/NASA/JHUAP/ Arizona State
University/Handout)

It seems entirely odd that their infomercial media has access to
publishing such modified images that are not as such listed within the
official MESSENGER gallery. In other words, we the public are only
getting to see an extremely small fraction of these 100% public funded
image archives related to this mission, such as this color enhanced
image is rather typical.

Too bad we still don�t have the same degree of color saturation
enhanced images of our Selene/moon, as to depicting the complex
mineralogy and better nature of those cosmic deposits on our
physically dark as coal Selene/moon.

An even better color enhanced image of Mercury that�ll show
atmosphere. Don�t be turned off by the extremely pail/pastel or
nearly monochrome first look, because you just have to crank up that
saturation and ever so slightly replace or shift the color of black.
If this is too complex for your expertise, I�ll gladly walk you
through it.

The atmosphere of Mercury: c1000_700_430.png @1X or 2X (doesn�t
matter)
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...00_700_430.png

You simply need to have saved this image as is to file, or save it as
a JPG if you�d like, and then PhotoShop it.

PhotoShop: Image Adjust / Replace Color (select: Image)
FUZZINESS: 200
HUE: 0
SATURATION: +100
LIGHTNESS: +5 up to +50 (try using +20)

Next, try out shifting that �HUE� by whatever amount makes you a happy
camper.

By the way; if Mercury has in fact been measurably shrinking by 1.5
km in diameter over its geological history,
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...mercury103.xml

so has Earth been shrinking (though likely by some greater volumetric
proportional amount). I further rest my case from a very old rant I�d
contributed as of many years ago, that pertained to Earth�s shrinkage
from its core cooling as well as from surface erosions (most all of
which ending up in our oceans, displacing water and thus also causing
oceans to rise).

In other words, our Selene/moon may not be moving as quickly as 38 mm/
year away from us, especially if Earth�s radius has been instead
shrinking by several mm/year. Another question might be; how large
was Earth to begin with?

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth

"...Volcanic activity has played a central role in forging the surface
of Mercury, scientists said on Thursday based on data collected by a
NASA spacecraft that zoomed past the closest planet to the sun in
January..."

Volcanic activity has played a central role in forging the surface ot
the Earth as well, and I reckon it doesn't get nearly enough press. I
mean 10cm of dyke intruding the spreading ridge every year for
hundreds of millions of years makes for one effing huge dyke. But
nobody talks about that, do they? I reckon it should be in the
Guiness Book of Records.

"how large was Earth to begin with?" Negatively larger by one effing
huge dyke ! The real question is where do these EHD's come from?
Mercury? What we need is a few Teams of Researchers. ('TORs')

GBOR (rrr).
Old July 11th 08, 06:23 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if
BradGuth

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...2008/07/03/sci...

[...]

So, your supercomputer simulation of 2e20 N/sec of tidal force from
our Selene/moon doesn't add or subtract anything?

"how large was Earth to begin with?" Negatively larger by one effing
huge dyke ! The real question is where do these EHD's come from?
Mercury? What we need is a few Teams of Researchers. ('TORs')

GBOR (rrr).

I think your subjective interpretation of planetology is lacking in
the kinds of peer replicated substance that would explain why Mars
seems older than Earth, Venus seems much less old than Earth, and our
unusual Selene/moon simply doesn't fit at all if Mercury is supposedly
of the same age and fundamental substance.

It's as though our Selene/moon and Mercury are from entirely different
solar systems, just as Venus, Earth and Mars seem as though more
different than similar.

I agree with having more of those TORs, even if some of those TORs are
made up of 5th graders.

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
Old July 11th 08, 08:22 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if
Pat Flannery

don findlay wrote:
Volcanic activity has played a central role in forging the surface ot
the Earth as well, and I reckon it doesn't get nearly enough press. I
mean 10cm of dyke intruding the spreading ridge every year for
hundreds of millions of years makes for one effing huge dyke.

I once saw a effing huge dyke... her name was Vicky.
And I had no intention of trying to intrude her spreading ridge, let me
tell you.
(I think the word you want is "dike" not "dyke".) :-D
Did you hear about the baby that was born during the eruption of Krakatoa?
It was always crying "mag-ma" so its mother would change its diapirs
after it laid a few bombs in them!
We have a million of 'em like that!

The American Museum Of Unnatural History - Vulcanology Department
Old July 11th 08, 12:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if
BradGuth

On Jul 11, 12:22 am, Pat Flannery wrote:
don findlay wrote:
Volcanic activity has played a central role in forging the surface ot
the Earth as well, and I reckon it doesn't get nearly enough press. I
mean 10cm of dyke intruding the spreading ridge every year for
hundreds of millions of years makes for one effing huge dyke.

I once saw a effing huge dyke... her name was Vicky.
And I had no intention of trying to intrude her spreading ridge, let me
tell you.
(I think the word you want is "dike" not "dyke".) :-D
Did you hear about the baby that was born during the eruption of Krakatoa?
It was always crying "mag-ma" so its mother would change its diapirs
after it laid a few bombs in them!
We have a million of 'em like that!

The American Museum Of Unnatural History - Vulcanology Department

For other than e-smut and e-sex, it seems word games are apparently
all this DARPA/Usenet of pagan/infidel fools and bigots upon fools and
bigots are good for.

A shrinking Earth has to cause ridge issues, especially if also having
recently obtained a 2e20 N/sec worth of added tidal force to deal
with, as of ever since the very last ice-age this 98.5% fluid planet w/
moon is ever going to see.

Fortunately, the mostly fluid core of Earth (somewhat less than brown
dwarf like) still has a lot of thorium to burn. Of everything we see
and measure was once upon a time that of a star, and before then a
black hole. Earth is simply getting closer to the end of this life
cycle.

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
Old July 11th 08, 03:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if
don findlay

don findlay wrote:
[...]

This is very disturbing news. I hope Stuart gets back from his cruise
soon to take over captaincy of this ship, with some fresh numbers to
make it all Bristol. (Just hope he hasn't had to pawn his
boardshorts.)

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth

Old July 12th 08, 12:49 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if
don findlay

....When he does, I'm sure a brief mention from him about subduction
and colliding plates building mountains will settle everything down
just nicely.
http://users.indigo.net.au/don/nonse...ntainbldg.html
Old July 12th 08, 01:47 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if
Pat Flannery

don findlay wrote:
...When he does, I'm sure a brief mention from him about subduction
and colliding plates building mountains will settle everything down
just nicely.
http://users.indigo.net.au/don/nonse...ntainbldg.html

Did I ever tell you about the time I stuck my figure in a dyke? :-D
It was in Holland, zee, and she was very attractive...

Pat
Old July 12th 08, 02:23 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if
don findlay

Pat Flannery wrote:

don findlay wrote:
...When he does, I'm sure a brief mention from him about subduction
and colliding plates building mountains will settle everything down
just nicely.
http://users.indigo.net.au/don/nonse...ntainbldg.html

Did I ever tell you about the time I stuck my figure in a dyke? :-D
It was in Holland, zee, and she was very attractive...

Pat

Sounds like a mighty good figure you got there, Pat. If it's not too
rubbery why don't you slice it off and send it to Stu, ..for his
canoe...
http://users.indigo.net.au/don/nonsense/rubber.html
With a figure that size it should plug the bit about fraud quite
nicely, ...for a little while anyhow.

Old July 12th 08, 02:24 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.geo.geology,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if
Fred J. McCall

Pat Flannery wrote:
:
:
id I ever tell you about the time I stuck my figure in a dyke? :-D
:It was in Holland, zee, and she was very attractive...
:

You skinned her out and climbed inside? Only way I can see for you to
get your figure in there...