Question for Starlord

Old November 11th 03, 02:40 PM
Gareth Slee

Default Question for Starlord

Great photo on news:alt.binaries.pictures of your truck with the scope atop.

Ever have problems with the police when driving around?
That set-up could be seen as something slightly sinister by someone
unfamiliar with our hobby.

--
Gareth Slee

Alcohol and calculus don't mix
Never drink and derive

Old November 11th 03, 05:07 PM
Starlord

I set the scope up on the truck just for that photo, if I carried the scope like
that, it wouldn't last one trip, this truck was used on and around constuction
sites since it's birth in 1971, as such, it has stiffer springs and the read end
is NOT stock, so to carry the scope, I have a babybed mattess and two form
rubber cushions that the OTA lays on to help take some of the road bumps force.
And even with that I have to do a fast re-alinement everytime I take the scope
out.

I went down to Lancaster on the 1st ( without scope ) and on the freeway I hit a
major bump, this was just past the Ave B overpass, and I'd bet the truck was
still bouncing as I passed Ave G overpass! This truck sits with it's rearend
higher than the front wheels because of the massive tires on the rear, so far
I've had it level ONCE and that was when I helps a guy move his trailer from one
place to a trailer park and even hauling a 20ft trailer, I had to watch my
speed, the engine ( 390 ford ) didn't even labor under the load.

What's funny, I've gone past road work or other building sites, and because of
the trucks color, the cops who control the traffic will wave me on threw while
holding back others.

If my Dad was alive now, he'd have a big smile on his face, seeing at last me
driving a truck! He was a gear jammer himself.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Ad World
http://adworld.netfirms.com

"Gareth Slee" wrote in message
Great photo on news:alt.binaries.pictures of your truck with the scope atop.

Ever have problems with the police when driving around?
That set-up could be seen as something slightly sinister by someone
unfamiliar with our hobby.

--
Gareth Slee

Alcohol and calculus don't mix
Never drink and derive

---

Old November 11th 03, 07:02 PM
Jon Isaacs

Great photo on news:alt.binaries.pictures of your truck with the scope atop.

Exactly which group is that photo in?

Would like to see the photo..

jon
Old November 11th 03, 07:59 PM
Jan Owen

--
To reply, remove the "z" if one appears in my address
"Jon Isaacs" wrote in message
Great photo on news:alt.binaries.pictures of your truck with the scope

atop.

Exactly which group is that photo in?

Would like to see the photo..

jon

Hi, Jon,

It's in:

alt.binaries.pictures.astro

Old November 11th 03, 09:03 PM
Tom Hole

--
"Jon Isaacs" wrote in message
Great photo on news:alt.binaries.pictures of your truck with the scope

atop.

Exactly which group is that photo in?

Would like to see the photo..

jon

Hi, Jon,

It's in:

alt.binaries.pictures.astro

Got a date and time? There's a lot of posts in there.

Thanks,

Tom

Old November 11th 03, 09:06 PM
Tom Hole

"Jon Isaacs" wrote in message
Great photo on news:alt.binaries.pictures of your truck with the

scope
atop.

Exactly which group is that photo in?

Would like to see the photo..

jon

Hi, Jon,

It's in:

alt.binaries.pictures.astro

Got a date and time? There's a lot of posts in there.

Thanks,

Tom

11/9/2003 8:57 pm. Just sorted on Starlord (duh!)

TOm

Old November 12th 03, 12:10 AM
Jon Isaacs

Hi, Jon,

It's in:

alt.binaries.pictures.astro

Thanks, I tried alt.binaries.pictures but it was there and I didn't look at
anything that was there either, the headers were unique, "My brother made me
do this"

Nice photo of the truck and the scope, obviously the truck handles the scope
with aplomb... G

jon
Old November 12th 03, 12:44 AM
Joe S.

Nice truck. Really nice truck. Needs a black-and-tan hound in a cage in
the back, though -- and a NASCAR sticker on the back window. Shall I send
you a NASCAR sticker?

--

----
Joe S.

Old November 12th 03, 03:30 AM
Starlord

Ya, the sticker would be nice, but the dog, no way, my cats ( Japanese
Bobtails ) wouldn't like that at all, they'd boot me outta the trailer. Anyway,
I've always been a cat person.

I'm getting to do a lot more writing and reading now that the old t.v. set is
slowly dieing on me, can't get it to work more than maybe 1 to 2 hours at a
time, it's age is showing.

More rocket building too.