...Why Space Solar Power should be the future of NASA!

Old May 29th 09, 03:33 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.military.naval
vaughn

Default ...Why Space Solar Power should be the future of NASA!

Is there some special reason why Jonathan included a naval group in his
crossposts, or is he just clueless?

Vaughn

"Jonathan" wrote in message

This August, the Augustine Commision will

Old May 29th 09, 03:35 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.military.naval
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

"vaughn" wrote:
:
:Is there some special reason why Jonathan included a naval group in his
:crossposts, or is he just clueless?
:

Jonathan is a well known loon over in the sci.space.* newsgroups.
There is no reason and, yes, he's clueless (on any given subject).

territory."
--G. Behn
Old May 29th 09, 04:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.military.naval
Pat Flannery

vaughn wrote:
Is there some special reason why Jonathan included a naval group in his
crossposts, or is he just clueless?

Maybe he wanted it to be a deep discussion? ;-)

Pat
Old May 30th 09, 01:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.military.naval
Jeff Findley

"Jonathan" wrote in message
The manned space program needs to change direction and devote
it's mission to Planet Earth!

That's your opinion. Others feel that exploration for exploration's sake is
enough.

If we believe in the power of science and technology, we should
believe it should be the primary source of solving our greatest
global problems.

You sound like science and technology is a religion which we should all put
our faith in and worship daily. Do you have any idea how loony you sound?

Science and technology can be understood by people with the right education
and/or training. Just what are your credentials? I've got a B.S. in
Aeronautical and Astronautical engineering. In this field, that's not
highly qualified, but I certainly know enough to call b.s. when someone
starts spouting garbage in this group.

Jeff
--
"Take heart amid the deepening gloom
that your dog is finally getting enough cheese" - Deteriorata - National

Old May 30th 09, 05:58 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.military.naval
kT

Jeff Findley wrote:

"Jonathan" wrote in message

The manned space program needs to change direction and devote
it's mission to Planet Earth!

That's your opinion. Others feel that exploration for exploration's sake is
enough.

Those would be narcissistic idiots - aka : American retards.
Old May 31st 09, 10:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.military.naval
Andrew Swallow[_3_]

"Jonathan" wrote in message

This August, the Augustine Commision will

The British and US navies use missiles. So the naval
group contains people who know and have used rockets.
These people do not have to "Yes Sir" NASA.

Andrew Swallow
Old June 1st 09, 03:15 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.military.naval
Jonathan

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
"vaughn" wrote:
:
:Is there some special reason why Jonathan included a naval group in his
:crossposts, or is he just clueless?
:

Jonathan is a well known loon over in the sci.space.* newsgroups.
There is no reason and, yes, he's clueless (on any given subject).

Ya know, I can hear you!

I thought I was a troll all this time. Make up your mind!

It's called a wild card, adding the rather interesting naval ng.
The future of our military is in space. The decisions about NASA
going on now are quite relevent to military topics. I mean why
do you think we want a base on the south pole of the moon?
For water or H3?

Or because we can observe the Earth 24/7 and claim the high ground
for missile defense?

Old June 4th 09, 01:05 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.military.naval
Jonathan

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

"Jonathan" wrote in message
The manned space program needs to change direction and devote
it's mission to Planet Earth!

That's your opinion. Others feel that exploration for exploration's sake is
enough.

If we believe in the power of science and technology, we should
believe it should be the primary source of solving our greatest
global problems.

You sound like science and technology is a religion which we should all put
our faith in and worship daily. Do you have any idea how loony you sound?

Really? Looking to science, or more generally our ability to think, for our
solutions is looney to you? What do you use to figure things out?

Smoke signals?

Science and technology can be understood by people with the right education
and/or training. Just what are your credentials? I've got a B.S. in
Aeronautical and Astronautical engineering.
In this field, that's not highly qualified, but I certainly know enough to call
b.s. when someone starts spouting garbage in this group.

You've utterly failed to show how anything I've said is b.s..
I'm trying to say that our goals should be designed with the
same level of care and thought as is done in science.
Or, I could say it another way, I don't believe that 'Faith'
or instincts, hunches or manifest destiny is good enough
for our National Scientific Goal.

I find it shocking you'd think that's lunacy.

Are you sure you're not flaming just for the sake of it?

Jeff