Sean Carroll refutes Waldyr Rodrigues on MOND

Old November 1st 06, 05:13 PM posted to sci.math,sci.physics.particle,sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.philosophy.tech
Jack Sarfatti

Default Sean Carroll refutes Waldyr Rodrigues on MOND

Waldyr does not believe dark matter is real if I recall correctly.

?
I suggest that "dark matter" is not on-mass-shell exotic particles but
is w - 1/3 (probably w = -1) ZPF of positive pressure, with "dark
energy" as ZPF with negative pressure. The scales are different and the
sign of the pressure is controlled by the residual Higgs-type inflation
field that is a vacuum ODLRO field with curved and torsioned 4D
space-time as a GCT covariant "supersolid" - curvature disclination spin
1 tetrads A^a and torsion dislocation spin 1 connections S^a^b are the
Yang-Mills compensating "gauge potentials" from localizing the
10-parameter Poincare group (Kibble 1961).

v = (h/m)Grad(Phase of Ground State Condensate) superfluid helium
velocity flow field

A^a ~ Theta^a/\dPhi^a - dTheta^a/\Phi^a (disclination defect field of
4D supersolid are the spin 1 curved tetrads)

dA^a ~ + 2dTheta^a/\dPhi^a

S^a^b ~ [(Theta^a/\dPhi^b - dTheta^a/\Phi^b) - (Theta^b/\dPhi^a -
dTheta^b/\Phi^a)]/2

= -S^b^a (dislocation defect torsion field)

dS^a^b ` 2dTheta^a/\dPhi^b - 2dTheta^b/\dPhi^a

Set of 8 Goldstone phases in the Higgs-type residual inflation field.

a,b are the tangent fiber indices

e^a = I^a + A^a

I^a are the 4 trivial globally flat Einstein-Cartan tetrads

T^a = De^a = de^a + S^ab/\e^b = torsion field 2-form (i.e. spin 3/2 Penrose)

R^a^b = DS^a^b = dS^a^b + S^ac/\S^c^b = curvature 2-form (i.e. spin 2)

So, contrary to what Waldyr wrote I have derived Einstein's theory with
the additional torsion field consistent with Kibble (1961).

To quantize use

A^a = A^a + A'^a

A^a is the macro-quantum vacuum ODLRO coherent condensate c-number

A'^a is micro-quantum second quantized creation and destruction operator
piece for the quantum fluctuations.

This is all SPIN 1 renormalizable Yang-Mills field theory with the
additional condensate.

On Nov 1, 2006, at 8:44 AM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

smolin.pdf

see also http://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/reading_list/

On Nov 1, 2006, at 8:23 AM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

Paper for discussion
The paradox of quantum black holes_ Nature Physics.pdf

On Nov 1, 2006, at 7:46 AM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

OK :-)
On Oct 31, 2006, at 10:55 PM, saul-paul & mary-minn sirag wrote:

"I'm All Right Jack" - title of old British movie, with Terry Thomas
and Peter Sellers.

Yes, Mary-Minn and I are in good health.

I'm still working on ADEX theory, my approach to string theory,
M-theory, et cetera -- as in my "Notes on Hyperspace" that I wrote for
ISSO in November 2000 in your apartment in North Beach.

Let's post latest version of that. If you like will put it in as a
technical appendix to Star Gate (to be published end of 2007) - lectures
on prospects of locally metric engineering the wrinkled fabric of
spacetime for practical warp drive - also reviews of Penrose's Road to
Reality etc.

I really do expect that some supersymmetry partner particles will be
found at the CERN Large Hadron Collider (before the end of the decade).
There are already indirect evidences for supersymmetry, such as the
theoretical convergence of the running coupling constants for the
Standard Model gauge fields. Only supersymmetry provides this
convergence; the Standard Model alone is incapable of producing this
convergence. This suggests that supersymmetry is necessary for Grand
Unification of the Standard Model gauge groups. This unification would
occur at the very high energy level of the very early universe.

It is true that supersymmetry implies a zero cosmological constant.
However, supersymmetry at the present stage of the universe is a broken
symmetry, which is why the supersymmetry partners have different masses.
If the acceleration of cosmic expansion is to be accounted for by a
non-zero cosmological constant, then this should provide clues to
supersymmetry breaking.

Other than your approach, Jack, I am aware of only 4 approaches to
quantum gravity, that have been developed in the last few decades:

Twistor theory -- Roger Penrose
Supergravity -- Freedman and Nieuwenhuizen and others -- notably Bruno
Zumino and John Schwarz
Non-commutative geometry -- Alain Connes (a Fields medal mathematician)
Loop Quantum Gravity -- Lee Smolin and others.

Supergravity is a lower-level approximation to Superstring theory.

Yes, with "points" rather than "strings".

Twistors and Non-commutative geometrfy have been absorbed as aspects of
String theory.
That leaves Loop Quantum Gravity -- which is not a very strong
competitor to Superstring theory, and its generalizations.

Only the String theory program provides a method of unifying all the
forces. And this is the big reason that most theoretical particle
physicists are betting on String theory as the best way forward at this
time.

Of course I like "strings" as extended particles - the issue is the
precise nature and need for the "extra space-dimensions" (Penrose). Note
that locally gauging full Poincare group does give the 10D Shipov
configuration, i.e. 6 independent dynamical torsion field "spin
connections" not determined by the 4 tetrads begins to look something
like Calabi-Yau fiber. Then add supersymmetry of course - but how
precisely to spontaneously break it?
Note that the Bohm hidden variable - quarks & electrons as spatially
extended tiny black holes (my 1973 papers with G* = 10^40 G & Burinski
in Moscow currently) obey covariance and are equivalent to strings
anyway (Susskind).

My approach is based on the A-D-E Coxeter graphs, because the twenty
some mathematical objects that have been classified by these graphs are
all of importance to physics especially unified field physics--such as
String theory. Each classification (such as that of reflection groups,
2-d conformal fields, and gravitational instantons) is a separate window
into a vast underlying object that I take to be Reality in all its
complexity--a bit like Philip K. Dick's VALIS.

I define ADEX theory to be the study and application of all the A-D-E
Coxeter graphs. So this is both mathematics and physics and much more --
such as consciousness theory -- as we discussed in the Fundamental
Physics Group, the Physics Consciousness Research Group, and the
Consciousness Theory Group that I led in Berkeley and San Francisco.

See "Consciousness: a Hyperspace View", which is my 40 page paper
published as an appendix to Jeffrey Mishlove's book, *Roots of
Consciousness* 2nd Edition (1993). This is available on Jeffrey's
website, Williamjames.com.

All for now ;-)

Saul-Paul

On Waldyr Rodrigues's critique of my archive paper

Waldyr never understood my original physical idea I am proposing, which
is the key part of my paper. He focused only on a trite formal detail of
standard math - easily fixed - mainly my notation.

I simply made a non-fatal bad choice of notation while groping for a
math implementation of my physical idea which is good.

i.e. tetrads and spin connections are "supersolid" macroscopic emergent
from the Goldstone phases of the vacuum ODLRO field in same way that the
velocity field is emergent from the phase of the superfluid order
parameter. Nothing Waldyr wrote bears on that.

Also the tetrads and spin connections are spin 1 renormalizable
Yang-Mills quantum fields - very important - no one in quantum gravity
has noticed that.

Spin 2 as entangled pairs of spin 1, i.e.

guv(spin 2) = eu^a(spin 1)(Minkowski)abev^b(spin 1)