Dwarf galaxies orbital planes point to problems with Dark Mattermodels

Old August 10th 14, 02:11 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Dwarf galaxies orbital planes point to problems with Dark Mattermodels

An interesting development that's been recently discovered is that dwarf
galaxies orbit giant galaxies in an orbital plane rather than randomly.
This is much like how planets orbit a star in a single plane. The
problem is that this goes up against the Lambda-CDM Dark Matter models
of galactic evolution. It seems that the best solution is to use a
modified theory of gravity.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/8163...=related-below
Old August 10th 14, 04:31 PM posted to sci.astro
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sunday, August 10, 2014 6:11:20 AM UTC-7, Yousuf Khan wrote:
An interesting development that's been recently discovered is that dwarf

galaxies orbit giant galaxies in an orbital plane rather than randomly.

This is much like how planets orbit a star in a single plane. The

problem is that this goes up against the Lambda-CDM Dark Matter models

of galactic evolution. It seems that the best solution is to use a

modified theory of gravity.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/8163...=related-below

Possibly there's an aether push or compression formulated gravity, like newsgroup contributor mpc755 kept trying to sell us.

Personally I'm not opposed to the existence of aether, but haven't quite accepted its displacement as the root cause of gravity.

Old August 16th 14, 10:00 PM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 10/08/2014 11:31 AM, Brad Guth wrote:
Possibly there's an aether push or compression formulated gravity,
like newsgroup contributor mpc755 kept trying to sell us.

Personally I'm not opposed to the existence of aether, but haven't
quite accepted its displacement as the root cause of gravity.

I would say that the fact that these galaxies line up into a plane, that
there might be some frictional component of gravity that we haven't yet
discovered.

We know about frame dragging at relativistic conditions which creates a
frictional component of gravity, but there may also be one at the
complete opposite end of the gravity spectrum, i.e. at the low-gravity
end of the scale.

Yousuf Khan
Old August 16th 14, 11:35 PM posted to sci.astro
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Saturday, August 16, 2014 2:00:44 PM UTC-7, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 10/08/2014 11:31 AM, Brad Guth wrote:

Possibly there's an aether push or compression formulated gravity,

like newsgroup contributor mpc755 kept trying to sell us.

Personally I'm not opposed to the existence of aether, but haven't

quite accepted its displacement as the root cause of gravity.

I would say that the fact that these galaxies line up into a plane, that

there might be some frictional component of gravity that we haven't yet

discovered.

We know about frame dragging at relativistic conditions which creates a

frictional component of gravity, but there may also be one at the

complete opposite end of the gravity spectrum, i.e. at the low-gravity

end of the scale.

Yousuf Khan

A lack of gravity should also suggest a lack of any acceleration force, because what if anything is being moved away from. Of course the displacement of aether also makes a lot of common sense, and resolves any number of gravity related issues.