MARS SPECIAL INTEREST MISSIONS: NASA NOW WORKS FOR HALLIBURTON

Old February 16th 04, 03:24 PM
db

Default GEORGE BUSH'S CARLYLE NOW CONTROLS NASA/LOCKHEED

Clif Davis wrote:

And your point is what? You still haven't said anything about how you would
fix the problem.

At least you do agree there is a problem.
Do you have any ideas how to fix it?

db
Old February 16th 04, 03:33 PM
Clif Davis

I am not sure how my quote says that I agree there is a problem.

But on the other hand, I have always been a real big fan of accountability.
If mistakes are made, they are paid for.
I haven't seen any heads roll for the shuttle problems. That would be the
first of many such steps.

My comment was a request for the poster to offer a suggestion instead of
just whining.

Old February 16th 04, 06:18 PM
Ugly Bob

[sci.space.shuttle added]

"Clif Davis" wrote in message
om...
I am not sure how my quote says that I agree there is a problem.

But on the other hand, I have always been a real big fan of

accountability.
If mistakes are made, they are paid for.
I haven't seen any heads roll for the shuttle problems. That would be the
first of many such steps.

I suppose one can make anything better than it was but is there a
problem with the vehicle? It generally does what it's supposed to
do. As I see it, when it's hurtling at Mach 24 or 25, **** happens
and it happens mighty damn quick. Who ever would have thought
that foam insulation would cause the kind of damage that would
result in a catastrophic failure of the wing and loss of the vehicle?
I've heard several Astronauts say that if it launched tomorrow
that they'd be on it. I'd go in a heartbeat. It's a great machine, even
if one considers that despite all the enhancements it's still nineteen
seventies technology. Let's not forget that manned spaceflight is
inherently dangerous, either. People are going to die up there.
Ain't no two ways 'bout it.

-Ugly Bob

Old February 20th 04, 03:45 PM
David T

Yeah they do. Follow the money below. It goes right into the bank accounts
of the Carlyle 'investors'.

Prove it to me. Show me the chain, or even a few links where Carlyle
group (a company) owns these industrial investing companies that in
turn own a combined controlling interest in Lockeed-Martin.
Old February 21st 04, 12:39 AM
Alexander Whiteside

Pfft. Why would anyone want to design a weapon like that? As well as being
spectacularly implausable (we can only triangulate GPS down to a few feet,
God only knows what it would take to accurately acquire and attack a single
human being through atmosphere with a laser) and incredibly unsubtle (it's
quite difficult to launch something into space without /some/ superpower or
another noticing), it would be incredibly inefficient (why kill someone with
a showly laser beam and do some incredibly complex coverup when you could
just feed them disinformation?).

Come to think of it, I don't think anyone smart enough to find their way to
work each morning, let alone run an incredible conspiracy, would even
consider such a plan.

Old February 21st 04, 03:35 AM
*

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:45:33 GMT, David T wrote:

Yeah they do. Follow the money below. It goes right into the bank accounts
of the Carlyle 'investors'.

Prove it to me.

Do your own damned research.

Old February 21st 04, 03:35 AM
Bill, The Avender

In alt.life-mars on Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:23:47 -0800, "Ugly Bob"
wrote:

"Morimoto Ichiro" wrote in message
. com...
I completely agree ns,

I think the Bush's are pushing for an orbiting satellite laser complex
capable of killing any single human being instantly upon their
command.

I'm not sure that what you suggest is possible. Atmosphere, you see,
tends to cause a laser to lose focus. Especially many miles of it. Then,
there's the problem of powering the weapon. How would you do that?

We shoot lasers at human-planted targets on the Moon from the Earth
and receive a signal back. I think the technology to be that precise
- even through a lot of atmosphere - is beyond question. Unless I've
mis-remembered something, of course - I'm sure someone will correct me
if I have, but a brief googling of the matter didn't give me any cause
to doubt it. The targets might be a bit bigger than a human, but if
the satellite is in relatively low-earth orbit, that would be hundreds
of thousands of miles closer to the target. Thus, smaller targets
could much more easily be focused upon.

As for power, that's not so much of an issue, either. A space-based
laser doesn't necessarily have to come with its own power. Some solar
cells to keep its processors running and some components for guiding
the already abundant microwave radiation, and a small array of these
(if not even just a single unit) should be capable of pooling together
enough energy to do the trick. Of course, it would be pretty obvious
what happened. But someone with that much power probably wouldn't
really care.

While I might sound like it, I don't state these things as a believer
in conspiracy theories. There may or may not be such a conspiracy
afoot, but if there is, then they're so well hidden and orchestrated
that it really wouldn't do any good worrying about them. We're well
beyond the point now where a civilian populace in a normal
"Westernized" country can defeat its own government if its government
happens to be willing to retain control at any cost. I do, however,
really enjoy exploring how certain potential futures might possibly
come to be. If there are any fatal flaws to my reply, I welcome
hearing about them. :-)
--
L8r,
Bill
Old February 21st 04, 03:39 AM
Bill, The Avender

In alt.life-mars on Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:48:06 +0100, "Laura"
wrote:

"Morimoto Ichiro" wrote in message
. com...
I completely agree ns,

I think the Bush's are pushing for an orbiting satellite laser complex
capable of killing any single human being instantly upon their
command.

There ARE easier and cheaper ways of doing that...

True, but few of them can be more effectively touted as "the Wrath of
Gawd(TM)". Think about it. A bolt of lightening zaps down from a
perfectly clear sky and vaporizes a "wicked little sinner". What more
convincing imagery could a dictator-in-training possibly want than the
ability to rain down fire in his own name? With all the extreme
zealotry practised & promoted by Shrub & Co., that's not an
unreasonable speculation. Unlikely, perhaps, but not unreasonable.
--
L8r,
Bill
Old February 21st 04, 03:44 AM
*

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 00:39:51 -0000, "Alexander Whiteside"
wrote:

Pfft. Why would anyone want to design a weapon like that? As well as being
spectacularly implausable (we can only triangulate GPS down to a few feet,
God only knows what it would take to accurately acquire and attack a single
human being through atmosphere with a laser) and incredibly unsubtle (it's
quite difficult to launch something into space without /some/ superpower or
another noticing), it would be incredibly inefficient (why kill someone with
a showly laser beam and do some incredibly complex coverup when you could
just feed them disinformation?).

There has been a some what substantiated rumor for years now that the power
elite planned to stage a mock alien invasion (with the assistance of the
CIA) in order to seal their PNAC global domination scheme. This sort of
weaponry could be used to fake an alien invasion.

Old February 21st 04, 03:48 AM
*

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 03:26:22 GMT, "Tip" wrote:

Plus, I aready saw that movie (Under Seige2). Steven Segal whips the bad
guy's ass, smashes his hard drive with the decryption codes, and renders
the killer space laser useless.

If the aliens don't want something in space, they will remove anything
humans put out there. I know for a fact that the aliens have removed
anything which has a war application which humans put in space.

"Ugly Bob" wrote in message

"Morimoto Ichiro" wrote in message
om...
I completely agree ns,

I think the Bush's are pushing for an orbiting satellite laser complex
capable of killing any single human being instantly upon their
command.

I'm not sure that what you suggest is possible. Atmosphere, you see,
tends to cause a laser to lose focus. Especially many miles of it. Then,
there's the problem of powering the weapon. How would you do that?

-Ugly Bob

snip