Spacecraft Films - FOX partnership

Old August 8th 03, 04:45 PM
Doug Ellison

Default Spacecraft Films - FOX partnership

"Peter H." wrote in message
www.spacecraftfilms.com
http://www2.foxstore.com/promotions/spacecraftfilms/

What do all of you think about the new partnership?
As much as i noticed until now, the only thing that changed is that
the plan for future products was heavily reduced at spacecraftfilms :-(
(restrictions ?? )
i think the reason is that FOX doesnt want to produce too much at the same
time :-(
But exactly that was the good thing when spacecraftfilms.com was

independant
:-/
they produced what we wanted and for what we waitet almos decades now.
now FOX comes and makes a big commercial bang out of it
Do you think this is a good change? I still can not be happy with that.
Please share your opinion

If it means they'll TALK TO CUSTOMERS then I'm all for it - but didnt FOX do
that pathetic moon hoax program? I mean - what the hell are they up to?

Doug

Old August 8th 03, 05:07 PM
Jay Windley

"Doug Ellison" wrote in message

| If it means they'll TALK TO CUSTOMERS then I'm all for it

I think that's why Mark Gray agreed to the partnership. He's very good at
researching and making documentaries, but not very good at distributing
copies of them.

| but didnt FOX do that pathetic moon hoax program?

Fox is a many-splendored thing. The network airs programming from separate
units that operate essentially autonomously. Fox Entertainment is not the
same as Fox News. (In fact, Fox News affiliates decried the hoax video,
some of them even airing their own rebuttals with local experts.) Fox Home
Entertainment is not the same as Fox Entertainment. The division of Fox
that will distribute Spacecraft Films offerings was not responsible for the
atrocious hoax theory program.

--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org

Old August 8th 03, 05:21 PM
Peter H.

I think that's why Mark Gray agreed to the partnership. He's very good at
researching and making documentaries, but not very good at distributing
copies of them.

i always got my DVDs one week after ordering (i live in europe)
his distrbuting was always perfekt.

and yes he is great in making those DVS.
BUT since the cooperation half the to-do list on the website was canceled
:-(
and his realease dates disapeared too.
the shuttle series is no more visible too.
half of his projects just vanished :-(
it seems FOX doesnt want him to make too much at time (because FOX wants as
much money as possible..)
this is totaly **** :-(
i fear FOX now will only let him publish what FOX wants. not what mark gray
and what we want
only productions which can be sold to a standard amazon.com public :-(

Old August 8th 03, 05:27 PM
MasterShrink

The division of Fox
that will distribute Spacecraft Films offerings was not responsible for the
atrocious hoax theory program.

So long as they never decide to release the program on home video anyway.

-A.L.
Old August 8th 03, 09:22 PM
Sam Seiber

Peter H. wrote:

I think that's why Mark Gray agreed to the partnership. He's very good at
researching and making documentaries, but not very good at distributing
copies of them.

i always got my DVDs one week after ordering (i live in europe)
his distrbuting was always perfekt.

You have done better than I. Twice I was delayed when I ordered. I
had to wait for them to "stamp" more out. Each time, I e-mailed
them asking where the "goods" were. Both times I goe a reply a few
days later explaining that they were waiting for more DVD's to come
from the duplicators.

and yes he is great in making those DVS.
BUT since the cooperation half the to-do list on the website was canceled
:-(
and his realease dates disapeared too.

Either it has something to do with the FOX thing, or perhaps,
Mark figured out how many new projects he can attack at once.

it seems FOX doesnt want him to make too much at time (because FOX wants as
much money as possible..)
this is totaly **** :-(

Well it is a guess on your part too. My big issue with this FOX thing
is
it looks like some titles I already have will get additional stuff
when they are released under the FOX name. I heard from Mark Gray that
they were working on an "upgrade path". I don't know what that
means, nor to they.

i fear FOX now will only let him publish what FOX wants. not what mark gray
and what we want
only productions which can be sold to a standard amazon.com public :-(

And to add to this topic in general, I pre-ordered Apollo 17 WEEKS ago.
My
charge card has been hit. It was to be shipped mid July, later turning
into
late July. As of right now, "Begins shipping this week". Well.....This
week is almost over. So I wonder, when is it really going to ship?

I would say that Mark Gray & Fox need to get their s**t together.

Sam Seiber
Old August 13th 03, 12:01 AM
Peter H.

no more opinions ???

Spacecraft Films. Steve Space Shuttle 14 July 30th 18 07:41 PM
Decision on the Soyuz TMA-4 spacecraft prelaunch processing Jacques van Oene Space Station 0 April 1st 04 01:12 PM
FA: Spacecraft Films Apollo 11 & Apollo 14 DVD Sets cp History 0 August 7th 03 12:53 AM
Spacecraft Films finally got my Gemini edition some juxtapostions [email protected] History 3 July 27th 03 06:47 AM
Spacecraft Films. Toe Tag History 1 July 25th 03 12:01 AM