ApolloTraining: Spacecraft & Systems Familiarization (PDF)

Old August 6th 03, 12:26 AM
SpamBot

Default ApolloTraining: Spacecraft & Systems Familiarization (PDF)

In article , Joe
Knapp wrote:

Here's another manual I scanned in from the original; PDF creation again
thanks to Garth:

http://www.copperas.com/apollo/ApolloFAM67.pdf

"ApolloTraining: Spacecraft & Systems Familiarization -- August 15, 1967"
North American Aviation course number APC-118

183 pages of nice diagrams. File size 10 megs.

The manual was originally issued to someone named Robinson. Will?

Joe

This is really cool! Thanks for posting it!

One question: on the pages where they show the EVA suit configurations,
they refer to "TMG (thermal meteoroid garment) jacket/pants". Were
these ever worn on Apollo EVAs? I just remember seeing the regular
pressuer suits, without any covering jacket/pants.

Also, I like how in the illustration all of the towels have "USA"
printed on them

SB
Old August 6th 03, 02:16 PM
John Moorhouse

This is really cool! Thanks for posting it!

Second that, does any one have any links to other links with material of
this detail.

Thanks

John

Old August 12th 03, 02:30 AM
John Charles

SpamBot asked:
One question: on the pages where they show the EVA suit configurations,
they refer to "TMG (thermal meteoroid garment) jacket/pants". Were
these ever worn on Apollo EVAs? I just remember seeing the regular
pressuer suits, without any covering jacket/pants.

The TMG was for the earlier A6L version of the suits--the jacket,
pants and hood would be donned over the pressure suit only when needed
(for EVAs) and thus keep the bulkiness of the suits to a minimum for
the rest of the mission. After the Apollo fire, the TMG was made of
fire-proof material and integrated (ITMG) with the newer A7L suit,
making the version you are familiar with. The ITMG could be removed
but was left integrated unless otherwise required.

John Charles
Houston, Texas