Making money (X-Prize)

Old August 23rd 03, 09:23 PM
Rand Simberg

Default Making money (X-Prize)

On 20 Aug 2003 23:05:34 GMT, in a place far, far away, Andrew Gray
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Not that that means anything, but it'd be an interesting thing to happen
- especially since, to much of the public, the X-Prize appeared with
Rutan's unveiling earlier this year, which might get some interesting
crossed wires on CNN [1] & its ilk. "Private American Goes From Nothing
To Space Before NASA Recovers", sort of stories.

[1] I have to be careful here. If I say Fox, I'm insulting Rand;

I've no association with Fox other than that they choose to run a
column that I write once a week. I certainly accept no responsibility
for anything on their website or broadcasts, other than my column (and
my responsibility for that is limited by the fact that they edit
it...)

Old August 23rd 03, 09:56 PM
Michael Walsh

Rand Simberg wrote:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 02:06:36 GMT, in a place far, far away, Michael
Walsh made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

The basic problem I see with claiming that test flights have been made
is that so far no rocket powered test flights have been accomplished.

What's the EZ-Rocket, chopped liver?

Well, I did forget about the EZ Rocket. Add it to the mixture,
it still doesn't extend the envelope very far.

If they get enough money to carry their latest concept to
flight status it will be very notable.

Mike Walsh

Old August 23rd 03, 10:03 PM
Michael Walsh

Rand Simberg wrote:

On 20 Aug 2003 23:05:34 GMT, in a place far, far away, Andrew Gray
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Not that that means anything, but it'd be an interesting thing to happen
- especially since, to much of the public, the X-Prize appeared with
Rutan's unveiling earlier this year, which might get some interesting
crossed wires on CNN [1] & its ilk. "Private American Goes From Nothing
To Space Before NASA Recovers", sort of stories.

[1] I have to be careful here. If I say Fox, I'm insulting Rand;

I've no association with Fox other than that they choose to run a
column that I write once a week. I certainly accept no responsibility
for anything on their website or broadcasts, other than my column (and
my responsibility for that is limited by the fact that they edit
it...)

Hah! I suppose now that you are going to claim you had nothing to do
with the Fox News Channels attempt to block Al Franken's new book
"Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look
at the Right". The suit got thrown out by the judge who added that
claiming "Fair and Balanced" as a trademark itself is weak, considering
that those words are used so frequently "in the context of the
public market -place".

OK, since outrageous charges are frequently made,
apparently seriously, on Usenet. :)

Mike Walsh

Old August 24th 03, 08:08 AM
jimmydevice

Rand Simberg wrote:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 02:06:36 GMT, in a place far, far away, Michael
Walsh made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

The basic problem I see with claiming that test flights have been made
is that so far no rocket powered test flights have been accomplished.

What's the EZ-Rocket, chopped liver?

See rocket guy http://www.rocketguy.com/oldhome.html
I think he should stick to toys, I wish I was as successful as him.
Jim D.
Wishing that the pdp-11 was still a viable platform.

Old August 24th 03, 03:36 PM
Rand Simberg

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:03:33 GMT, in a place far, far away, Michael
Walsh made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Hah! I suppose now that you are going to claim you had nothing to do
with the Fox News Channels attempt to block Al Franken's new book
"Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look
at the Right".

Actually, had they actually asked me, I would have suggested not
giving him all the free publicity. It probably boosted the
bucktoothed moron's book sales.

Old August 25th 03, 02:52 AM
Michael Walsh

Rand Simberg wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:03:33 GMT, in a place far, far away, Michael
Walsh made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Hah! I suppose now that you are going to claim you had nothing to do
with the Fox News Channels attempt to block Al Franken's new book
"Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look
at the Right".

Actually, had they actually asked me, I would have suggested not
giving him all the free publicity. It probably boosted the
bucktoothed moron's book sales.

I am quite sure that it did.

Mike Walsh