Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old August 5th 16, 08:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 5:37:06 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

Same weather for a month.With this heat I lost my get up and go.It off and went.Stay at the pool. Its can hold 300 kids and does. Swimming is good for old people it takes their weight off their feet. Reality is there are few people here that are older than I I'm still getting names to be on the ballot. These people write like DRs.I'm sure this click are not happy to see me on the ballot,and I know they can be nasty. So few jobs. I'm hoping M*M kicking in will create good paying jobs. It has lots of spin off.5 in all. TreBert

According to Kim, prices have really gone up a lot in Hawaii. Hard for original people to survive there. Of course that's true here as well.

Yes, maybe you could build a filter factory right there in Fullerton! Put lots of people to work at well paying manufacturing jobs!

Kim has been excluded from trespassing on the entire area around Rite Aid and Safeway where often spends the night! They are tightening the nose around her neck. I have known that feeling oh so well.

I started my new job at Janet's house yesterday helping her straiten out her bookkeeping. I refused any pay for my first day there. I can see she has been very prosperous. But she lives in a very spooky old house on the inner east side of Portland. She has furnished it with antique furniture that has come down from her family. A Victrola in almost perfect condition is sitting in her parlor and a stack of old single sided 78 records to play on it. If it weren't for the large flat screened TV and several laptop computers, I would have thought I had gone back in time for sure! I set up at a big old dining room table and began sorting receipts from her several recent remodeling projects, most recently in Las Vegas. The light was very good coming in through windows and skylights in the very high ceiling. I'll be going back there tomorrow.

An ideal 72F here in Gresham as of 12 noon PDT. Not a cloud in sight. Yesterday it was 90F.

Double-A

Old August 7th 16, 09:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A nice cool 68F as of 1:15 PM PDT here in Gresham. Felt a sprinkle of rain as I was coming over. Ran into Kim on the bus, just riding around to have someplace to be.

Yesterday I went down to Janet's house again to work on her bookkeeping. She fixed lunch out on here back second story deck overlooking a grade school baseball field. Had cherry tomatoes from her garden. A giant chestnut tree gave shade. The house was built in 1895, she said, according to city historical records. She has done a lot of remodeling, creating the high ceiling in the living room and allowing the skylights. The light was great, and I had no problem reading the papers at all, even though my vision is no longer the greatest.

At the end of the day, she wrote me a check for my work. My first paycheck in 15 years! I had to stop at a liquor store to pick up a fifth to celebrate!

There was a get together on Friday by Janet, Mike, Dennis and some other classmates at a restaurant in Gresham to greet an old classmate, Maggie from Riverside, CA. who was only going to be in town that day. Janet said Mike had tried to get in touch with me about it, but couldn't. I see that Riverside is right down highway 91 from Fullerton where you are, Bert. Small world.

Double-A

Old August 8th 16, 08:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Only 66F and light rain as of 12:45 PM PDT here in Gresham. Didn't bring my umbrella!

Ran into Kim unexpectedly yesterday on the bus. She's riding the buses and the rails just to have a place to be.

Double-A

Old August 8th 16, 11:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Double-A" wrote in message

Only 66F and light rain as of 12:45 PM PDT here in Gresham. Didn't bring my
umbrella!

Ran into Kim unexpectedly yesterday on the bus. She's riding the buses and
the rails just to have a place to be.

Double-A

***************
Hagar does that - only it's a short bus.

Old August 9th 16, 01:41 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Monday, August 8, 2016 at 12:52:58 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Only 66F and light rain as of 12:45 PM PDT here in Gresham. Didn't bring my umbrella!

Ran into Kim unexpectedly yesterday on the bus. She's riding the buses and the rails just to have a place to be.

Double-A

That is rather sad.I hate buses.Saw 3 old woman use the bus stop bench as a place to sit and talk. These street woman have their own cloths (Wardrobe) Stocking cap long wool coat.pants to long and sneakers day and night. They stay in the same location. I think they sleep in the park.They hug when they meet. Reason for all that cloths is its gets cool at night.Its softer to sleep on(no mattress.) When I'm mayor of Fullerton I will include them into my health and trust fund. They will live and die with dignaty They could be some body's mother. Trebert
Old August 9th 16, 08:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, August 8, 2016 at 3:08:28 PM UTC-7, Notroll2016 wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

Only 66F and light rain as of 12:45 PM PDT here in Gresham. Didn't bring my
umbrella!

Ran into Kim unexpectedly yesterday on the bus. She's riding the buses and
the rails just to have a place to be.

Double-A

***************
Hagar does that - only it's a short bus.

Hagar imagines he's riding in his trailer, pretending it's still mobile!

Double-A

Old August 9th 16, 09:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, August 8, 2016 at 5:41:28 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Monday, August 8, 2016 at 12:52:58 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Only 66F and light rain as of 12:45 PM PDT here in Gresham. Didn't bring my umbrella!

Ran into Kim unexpectedly yesterday on the bus. She's riding the buses and the rails just to have a place to be.

Double-A

That is rather sad.I hate buses.Saw 3 old woman use the bus stop bench as a place to sit and talk. These street woman have their own cloths (Wardrobe) Stocking cap long wool coat.pants to long and sneakers day and night. They stay in the same location. I think they sleep in the park.They hug when they meet. Reason for all that cloths is its gets cool at night.Its softer to sleep on(no mattress.) When I'm mayor of Fullerton I will include them into my health and trust fund. They will live and die with dignaty They could be some body's mother. Trebert

Too bad but they probably can't vote for you because they are homeless. At least I assumed I couldn't when I was homeless because I didn't have a permanent address. But if you could find out a way to allow them to vote, you would have a greater constituency.

My friends and I used to sit at bus stops and talk. But stay there too long, and the transit police would come by and make us leave. The bus drivers coming by would complain. A sign said the stop could only be occupied by people waiting for a bus or train. So one of my friends would say, "I'm waiting for a train." Of course no train went anywhere near there.

Only 64F and drizzly as of 1:00 PM PDT here in Gresham. Everything looks like global cooling is setting in here. It hasn't felt like summer very often this year. But they're promising 97F by Friday!

Double-A

Old August 10th 16, 11:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

Got an email telling for $2,000 this company would mail a letter out to every voter in Fullerton.$2,000 is all your allowed. I have a better plan. Its sunny and about 84 right now.Global warming is a given. TreBert
Old August 11th 16, 12:04 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 1:10:18 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Is being homeless worse than being in a shabby nursing home? Is a clean,warm,and good food jail better. Keep in mind Mafia builds and staffs US prisons,and charge $35,000 a year.I think they have TV,and laptops Exercise room and show great movies. If your lucky a judge could give you life and a day.. TreBert
Old August 13th 16, 06:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 4:04:07 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 1:10:18 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

Too bad but they probably can't vote for you because they are homeless. At least I assumed I couldn't when I was homeless because I didn't have a permanent address. But if you could find out a way to allow them to ...

Is being homeless worse than being in a shabby nursing home? Is a clean,warm,and good food jail better. Keep in mind Mafia builds and staffs US prisons,and charge $35,000 a year.I think they have TV,and laptops Exercise room and show great movies. If your lucky a judge could give you life and a day. TreBert

Some of my street friends felt no fear of going to jail. But one of them sain that the worst day on the street was better than the best day in jail.

Usually spending limits are on money you raise from donors. Usually there are no limits on spending your own money. It comes under freedom of speech..

Had lunch with Kim on Wednesday. A friendly bus driver let her get by paying $2.50 for a day ticket instead of the usual $5.00. She gave her an Honored Citizen's ticket. But when she got off the bus, the transit police were there to check her. The demanded to see ID! Since she was under 65, they gave her a $90.00 citation, and now she has to appear in court! The poor and destitute are so fun for the agents of the state to crush beneath their iron boot heals!

I spent the last couple of days working helping Janet with her books and making the big bucks! She has apartment properties in Portland, South Carolina, and Las Vegas. She is without a doubt the most successful of our classmates. But she needs to learn how to live a little. Having money is not much good if you don't know how to enjoy it.

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM