What's happened here?

Old September 28th 08, 03:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Tom Royer[_2_]

Default What's happened here?

The amount of traffic in this NG has falled to zero (at least from my ISP --
verizon.net). What's happened?

--
Tom Royer
If you're not free to fail, you're not free. -- Gene Burns

Old September 28th 08, 03:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

Default What's happened here? (was: What's happened here?)

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 14:25:20 GMT, Tom Royer wrote:

The amount of traffic in this NG has falled to zero (at least from my ISP --
verizon.net). What's happened?

Tom

For several days at least, news.verizon.net won't d/l any headers for me
from sci.astro.amateur, or rec.crafts.metalworking. I've read a report
from one other verizon user with the same issue with sci.astro.amateur,
and other reports with certain rec.* groups. Some of us have posted
bout the problem in 0.verizon.newsgroup.requests &
0.verizon.discussion.general.

Bill
--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Old September 29th 08, 07:36 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
jerry warner[_26_]

I wonder why?

Greg Crinklaw wrote:

In article ,
"Tom Royer" buggered:
The amount of traffic in this NG has falled to zero (at least from my ISP --
verizon.net). What's happened?

--
Tom Royer
If you're not free to fail, you're not free. -- Gene Burns

this google traffic analysis link shows saa in the toilet
http://tinyurl.com/ypt5fn

--
Greg Twinklaw
Gloryhole Developer

ArseTools: http://www.penishound.cam/gay.hotmale
Felching: http://www.penishound.cam/gay/penishound.hotmale
GloryHole: http://buggermyarsehole.penishound.polish.my.knob

To reply take my penis out of your eye
The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified.

Old September 29th 08, 05:41 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

Tom,

The problem has been fixed. Jeremy, the Verizon news admin, posted an
explanation of what happened, and why it only affected certain users, in

Old September 29th 08, 06:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Sep 29, 12:36*am, jerry warner wrote:
I wonder why?

I wonder why you felt the need to quote in its entirety this rather
tasteless sporge?

Old September 29th 08, 07:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Greg Crinklaw

Glenifer Benifer wrote:
Are you the plummer?

Please don't think I actually give a crap about your trolling,
"Glenifer." Your childish nonsense says rather a lot about you and
absolutely nothing about me.

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer

SkyTools: http://www.skyhound.com/cs.html
Observing: http://www.skyhound.com/sh/skyhound.html
Comets: http://comets.skyhound.com

To reply take out your eye
Old September 29th 08, 08:02 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ernie Dunbar[_2_]

On Sep 28, 7:25*am, "Tom Royer" wrote:
The amount of traffic in this NG has falled to zero (at least from my ISP -- *
verizon.net). *What's happened?

Oh, it's probably because Verizon's spam filters are working
effectively. This newsgroup, like many others, is now mostly if not
completely spam and the rantings of lunatics.

If you want the unfiltered version, just try Google Groups. Then
you'll see what I mean.
Old September 30th 08, 05:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
jerry warner[_26_]

Greg Crinklaw wrote:

Glenifer Benifer wrote:
Are you the plummer?

Please don't think I actually give a crap about your trolling,
"Glenifer." Your childish nonsense says rather a lot about you and
absolutely nothing about me.

said like a true Sarah Palin moron!

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer
Cloudcroft, New Mexico, USA (33N, 106W, 2700m)

SkyTools: http://www.skyhound.com/cs.html
Observing: http://www.skyhound.com/sh/skyhound.html
Comets: http://comets.skyhound.com

To reply take out your eye

Whatever happened to MCS? David Findlay History 49 November 14th 06 09:33 AM
What would have happened if ? chatnoir Astronomy Misc 0 November 1st 06 01:51 PM
what happened in here? Misc 1 April 2nd 06 05:22 PM
what happened in here? http://peaceinspace.com Misc 2 April 2nd 06 04:52 PM
it's happened! nytecam Amateur Astronomy 0 November 3rd 05 03:19 PM