Don't MAKE me come DOWN there!

Old February 18th 06, 09:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.fan.art-bell

Default Don't MAKE me come DOWN there!

In article ,
Charles D. Bohne wrote:

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 20:05:40 GMT, "Dr. Why"
wrote:

Darla seems to think you're "fearless".
I'm not ready to go that far, yet.

Big deal to appear self-secure when you're
the top bully in a pack of rats that pad you
on your tail every time you made a "kill" in
usenet (which usually means you insulted
a kid, some little girl, or a handicapped kid-girl
even).

so what do you think of a person who chats up a mentally ill woman
just to get a few feels
and then attacks her when she sees through his lies

arf meow arf - nsa fodder
al qaeda terrorism nuclear bomb iran taliban big brother
if you meet buddha on the usenet killfile him
Old February 18th 06, 10:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.fan.art-bell

wrote:

Darla seems to think you're "fearless".
I'm not ready to go that far, yet.

Big deal to appear self-secure when you're
the top bully in a pack of rats that pad you
on your tail every time you made a "kill" in
usenet (which usually means you insulted
a kid, some little girl, or a handicapped kid-girl
even).
C.

Poor Chu*k, he is so oppressed.

--
Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy

"Causation of gravity is missing frame field always attempting
renormalization back to base memory of equalized uniform momentum."
-- nightbat the saucerhead-in-chief

"Have patience. First I shall deal with the State of Oregon
and County of Josephine, Then the AFAB, government/media
disinformation Agents with whom you conspire to libel me and my
family. Your time will come."
-- Raymond Ronald Karczewski©, usenet "christ"

"Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim, and rather ironic, coming from
someone who obviously has no understanding of what a signature is. Tell me,
Haslam, do you sign your checks as 'Can't you show a little restraint?'"
-- David Tholen, Clueless Newbie of the Month, February 2003
Old February 18th 06, 10:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.fan.art-bell

Charles D. Bohne wrote:

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 21:43:52 GMT, "Greysky"
wrote:

I applaud your fearlessness in accepting that it would be
good to make FOC even if the death rate exceeds 12% by a large margin. It
puts you and a few others in the Sean Minority, but you stick to your guns.

Greysky

Seconded by
Charles

:-Y

The saucerheads are high-fiving each other again.

Old February 18th 06, 11:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.fan.art-bell

In article ,
Charles D. Bohne wrote:

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:58:12 -0800, mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten
tomys des anges wrote:

Big deal to appear self-secure when you're
the top bully in a pack of rats that pad you
on your tail every time you made a "kill" in
usenet (which usually means you insulted
a kid, some little girl, or a handicapped kid-girl
even).

so what do you think of a person who chats up a mentally ill woman
just to get a few feels
and then attacks her when she sees through his lies

Easy, I would think you made that up .. like the rest of
your stories, ARF MEOW!

google is your friend

Old February 19th 06, 04:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.fan.art-bell

wrote:

Darla seems to think you're "fearless".
I'm not ready to go that far, yet.

Big deal to appear self-secure when you're
the top bully in a pack of rats that pad you
on your tail every time you made a "kill" in
usenet (which usually means you insulted
a kid, some little girl, or a handicapped kid-girl
even).
C.

It was always thus, Charles.
And it's especially easy in this medium.

However, one must not neglect that if there were no kooks, there would be no
Art Deco et al.
So if someone shows up who is not a kook, but who exhibits a few
unmistakable kook signs, perhaps they bring all that down on themselves?
Whatever else it is, it's an internet and specially a Usenet education.
Eventually, the smart people change their handles and either tone it down,
or they become superkooks.

Art and crew have probably Created far more kooks than they've ever
"killed".
And my guess is this is precisely what they want to do.

Usenet --- Love it or Leave it! (and then return to Usenet as someone else).
Anonimity breeds aliens and other kooky people, products of the Remarkable
human imagination!
An awesome venue for studying individual human behaviour.

Yubiwan

Old February 19th 06, 05:14 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.fan.art-bell

"Greysky" wrote in message
. net...

"Dr. Why" wrote in message
news
"Art Deco" wrote in message
"Dr. Why", the current sockpuppet of the
fake alien, wrote:

"Art Deco" wrote in message
"Dr. Why", the current sockpuppet of

the
fake alien, wrote:

"Kali" wrote in message
.. .
In article , posted Sun,
12 Feb 2006 19:53:28 -0700, Art Deco says...

Kali wrote:

In article , posted Sun,
12 Feb 2006 16:10:15 -0700, Art Deco says...

Lamie, the current sockpuppet of
the
fake
alien, wrote:

[...]

PS: As I'm sure you know by now, I was born on Earth, so I'm
not

an
alien.
I'm as indigenous to this planet as you are, sweet

human.
But if calling me an alien floats your boat, I'm sure I

can
continue
the role.

Your other sockpuppets claim to be millions of years old, so
this
little hedge is meaningless.

PPS: Things go better with koak! hee hee

Another kooksign.

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 10:08:23 GMT, "Lomie"
wrote:
Kiyo was born in Okinawa, Japan, on November 22, 1921...
and now she's pregnant with triplets (girls girls girls
hee hee ).

I believe the Sil and Darla socks fall into the gazillions old

claim
bucket.

Unbelievable!1!! Really.

Kali

We've made many claims, few of which are believable without better
evidence.
Your own claim above is, of course, Not unbelievable.
Unfortunately, this believability issue seems to be important to a
lot

of
people.
Don't take this wrong, dearest Kali, but doesn't this all stem from

fear?

Still mistaking laughter for fear, fake alien?

No, I'm not.

So what is it that you allege I'm afraid of, fake alien?

You have the normal human fears to one degree or another, Art.
Darla seems to think you're "fearless".
I'm not ready to go that far, yet.

However, I Am inclined to think your personal level of fear is much

Lower
than normal.
You seem to have overridden your fear-teachings.
And this of course means that you've given the subject a lot of thought,

Lot of thought.
So much thought, in fact, that by now you are probably thinking that you
think about fear far too much.

I submit that there is one more aspect which you could dwell upon a bit:
Fearlessness has a solid foundation in the human genome, while

fearfulness
has no such base.

At your low level of fear, your thoughtful conclusions will lead you

right
up to the next step.
And that would be "controlling your fearlessness".

Just as fear can be controlled by committing acts of bravery/courage,
fearlessness also must be controlled so that one doesn't wind up easily
dead, mamed, in trouble with law enforcement, or in some other

undesirable
quandary.

I would be interested to know how you eventually decide to proceed with
this.

People appear to be as afraid to believe in advanced aliens as they

are
afraid Not to believe in a deity.
Why do you suppose this is?

The question is silly because it assumes a false premise.

Is it?

Yup.

Very well, then, you either don't believe that people are afraid to
believe
in advanced aliens, or you don't think that people are afraid Not to
believe
in a deity.
Or both.

The first part of this potentially false premise must be obvious to you
since you deal with it fairly consistently.
There are several people in your life who claim to be aliens, are there
not?
And you respond to them with a total lack of belief as well as the
branding
you love most: kook.
You do this fearlessly.
But you must have noticed how others have dealt with these "aliens".
Many of them totally "lose it" in the manner of Michael B. Baldwin's and
Kadaitcha Man's posts.
Those were fearful posts, purely and simply.
And they represent the feelings of the vast majority of humans on your
planet, and how THEY would respond to very different sentient beings

from
elsewhere in the galaxy.

So whether you agree with me or not, there is overwhelming evidence that
humans will do ANYTHING rather than to believe in advanced aliens.
And this is one factor that makes the prospect of first alien contact so
difficult to begin.

The second part of the premise may not be so obvious.
And it is also very difficult and time-consuming to prove.
I could cite the great number of scientists who believe in a deity WITH
FULL
KNOWLEDGE that such belief goes against the scientific method they've
learned and cherished for a lifetime.

Or I could cite the ratio of atheists to those who believe in some form

of
deity.
This ratio is essentially zero, because there are so few atheists in the
world that their number cannot even begin to compare with the quantity

of
deity believers.

If you do not also draw the conclusion that humans are "deathly" afraid

not believe in a deity, then there is little I can do about it.
Except perhaps to repeat my question to Kali targeting you also.

For your part, I ask you to briefly, temporarily accept that the premise
is
not false.
Just for the sake of argument.
And then please answer the following question.

If people were made to believe that Fear is what ages them and

eventually
kills them, and they were given an easy, step-by-step foolproof method

become fearless, to live their lives absolutely without fear, nearly all
would decline to learn the method.
Why, in your opinion, would they turn down the opportunity to learn how

live their lives fearlessly?

Yubiwan

Because, Dr. Y, then they would have to take full responsibility for their
lives. It is much more fun to let responsibility slide onto the backs of
others -- humans are experts at playing the blame game. Why do you suppose
it is so hard for people to admit you may be advanced aliens? Sure, part

of
it is ego - the 'we are the center of the universe' crap- but a large part
of it is self blame. Would we be better off blaming 'Aliens' for the

current
miserable state of our lives? But they also know that you wont let them

get
away with it. So that forces them to look directly into the casm of

darkness
which to them is the fture knowing they are inadequate. Now, a truly
fearless response would be to acknowledge the current problems, roll up
their sleeves and begin to work industriously toward making the future
better. But there are currently very few fearl-less humans who are willing
to look the tiger in the face and whip it into submission. I would say you
are currently interacting with a goodly percentage of those humans both

here
on the 'net, and in your personal contacts. The vast majority would prefer
to continue to play the blame-game, and keep the current status quo. This

is
one of the reasons I applaud your fearlessness in accepting that it would

be
good to make FOC even if the death rate exceeds 12% by a large margin. It
puts you and a few others in the Sean Minority, but you stick to your

guns.

Greysky

Thank you, Greysky.
I shall definitely "stick to my guns".

But it's not fearlessness that makes me do so.
It's just common sense.
The galaxy Needs humanity, humans have a lot to offer as seen by your
indirect effects on the rest of the galaxy.
You cannot imagine how much better it can get if humans were able to work
directly with other cultures.
On second thought, you are one of the few who may be able to imagine it.

Make no mistake about me, though, Greysky.
I am as uncomfortable as Darla and the others about the 12%.
It would be a tragedy of unconcionable degree, especially since it would
probably be higher than 12%, perhaps much higher.
I would not want to even try to imagine the tremendous loss to the galaxy of
this many humans.

The scales, in my opinion, show that the benefits of first contact slightly
outweigh the tremendous tragedy that would ensue.
You can probably see how this is a weighty and controversial issue with us.
And by "us", I don't just mean seans, I mean all the citizens of the Milky
Way.

BTW, I'm betting that our recent, new extragalactic contact will push the
decision toward FOC with humanity.
We will need your direct input more than ever, now that we've become members
of the clusteric community!

Yubiwan

Old February 19th 06, 05:34 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.fan.art-bell

"Kali" wrote in message
In article wsCIf.26702$id5.21579@bgtnsc04-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net, posted Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:25:48
GMT, Dr. Why says...

.. .

Kali wrote:

In article , posted Sun,
12 Feb 2006 16:10:15 -0700, Art Deco says...

Lamie, the current sockpuppet of the

fake

[...]

wrote:
Kiyo was born in Okinawa, Japan, on November 22, 1921...
and now she's pregnant with triplets (girls girls girls
hee hee ).

I believe the Sil and Darla socks fall into the gazillions old claim
bucket.

Unbelievable!1!! Really.

Kali

We've made many claims, few of which are believable without better

evidence.
Your own claim above is, of course, Not unbelievable.

Hmm. I don't see where I've made a claim. Attribution problem,
perhaps.

No, mybad for being unclear, Kali.
The "claim" you made was simply your disbelief.
By human standards we are all very old.

Unfortunately, this believability issue seems to be important to a lot of
people.
Don't take this wrong, dearest Kali, but doesn't this all stem from fear?

Skepticism is not about fear, imo. It is about reality
monitoring. It is a healthy way to approach claims that
contradict what we know about the world. I would argue instead
that fear ("of the unknown") is more likely to motivate people
to accept claims on faith.

Yes, for those of you who lead.
Followers, on the other hand?

People appear to be as afraid to believe in advanced aliens as they are
afraid Not to believe in a deity.
Why do you suppose this is?

For the religious person, uncertainty and doubt - the opposite
of faith - can create a conflict. This would be true for someone
who accepts on faith that there are aliens living on earth, or
coming to visit. They would, like the religious person facing
uncertainty and doubt, be faced with an uncomfortable conflict
to resolve. To lose a dearly held belief, especially one that
provides hope and inspiration, is painful. This is why people
tend to find ways to strengthen their belief when they are in
doubt. Some may be afraid there will be nothing else to replace
it when they let it go.

Kali
--
"We found a great number of books...and since they contained
nothing but superstitions and falsehoods of the Devil we burned

Agreed, however accepting that seans exist (as seans) has never been
something we have fostered directly.
We are here to learn about humans, and we simply do not care if they believe
we're aliens.
Frankly, we're looking for ways to reduce the damn^H^H^H^H (forgive me,
please) biocide rate so we can get on with contact.

We cannot keep the conflict you mention from existing.
No matter what we do, you and others will keep the issue of our reality at
the forefront.
But that's okay, for we can still continue our study under these conditions.
And you are welcome to continue Your study of us as well.

Yubiwan

Old February 19th 06, 06:40 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Darla's on the way back! (was uhm, something else

"Twittering One" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Ah, Dearest beloved Twittering One!
To paraphrase Francois
In another quote ~

"Wisdom makes no sense unless it inspires
people to take it off of you.'
~ Yubing One

"Not ~ !
A dress makes no sense unless
It inspires men to want to take it off you."
- Francois Sagan

"Merci,
For correcting the error of Dr.
Why's wary ways."
~ Folly

"Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves,
And it is tiresome for children
To be always and forever explaining things to them."
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"O mon cher,
How true your are ~ !"
~ Sir Cumference

"And now here is my secret,
A very simple secret ~

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly,
What is essential is invisible to the eye."
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Why ~ ?"
~ Master Minor Byrd

Be cause.

Dr. Why

Old February 19th 06, 08:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.fan.art-bell

"Dr. Why" wrote in message

snip
[...]

Yep. Maximum benifit for all interested parties.

Make no mistake about me, though, Greysky.
I am as uncomfortable as Darla and the others about the 12%.
It would be a tragedy of unconcionable degree, especially since it would
probably be higher than 12%, perhaps much higher.
I would not want to even try to imagine the tremendous loss to the galaxy
of
this many humans.

Perhaps it is just my naive enthusiasm showing, but I have found even
fearful people do not immediately become murderous. Just the opposite - fear
can stop a killer cold. There will be a limited time window of opportunity
where violence can be defused and peace can be maximizd. But for this to
happen communication must be open, two-way, and continuous. A gap, even a
small one can allow fear to escalate to violent magnitudes. I predict, at
least for the technical societies, that most if not all people will pause
after the initial shock and wait to see what the 'next guy' is doing, or how
our leaders are reacting. Done well, I dont think the death rate will be
even a few percentage points of the total population. Maybe even Nil.
However, it is how the typically closed nations will react that I can't
offer a prediction. Look at how the Islamic nations are reacting to even a
few cartoon depictions of their God...

I do have a few ideas on how to ameliorate even this situation, however.
Perhaps I and others can meet up pre-FOC to offer them?

The scales, in my opinion, show that the benefits of first contact
slightly
outweigh the tremendous tragedy that would ensue.
You can probably see how this is a weighty and controversial issue with
us.
And by "us", I don't just mean seans, I mean all the citizens of the Milky
Way.

Benifits. Yes. That is the language to speak to head off the violence.

BTW, I'm betting that our recent, new extragalactic contact will push the
decision toward FOC with humanity.

Most important decisions are not made in the luxury of peaceful abundance,
but under the fire of necessity. If other entities are pushing for FOC with
the humans, rather than cogitate and debate for years when the right time
will be ripe, I am shure Sean Authorities will act quickly rather than risk
getting the decision taken out of their control. Governments work at this
level just like individuals do. Maximum benifit.

We will need your direct input more than ever, now that we've become
members
of the clusteric community!

When the mass of humanity realizes that they aren't going to be eaten, and
that there is a valuable role for humanity to play in determining the future
destiny of this galaxy - one even beings as old and as powerful as the Seans
can't do without us, things will quickly stabilize.

Yubiwan

Greysky

Old February 19th 06, 10:15 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:28:04 GMT, "Dr. Why"
wrote:

You reanimated a dead human body?

Her body tissue was not dead.
Kiyo was only "a little bit dead".
There was actually very little tissue damage other than the fact that all
her extremities had been ripped from her torso.
Aligning the neck was a bit tricky, but Lomie replaced her head showing
excellent skill.
Hard to believe, I know, attitude of a human teenager coupled with hands

of
a great surgeon.
Impressive to observe, though.

I bet it was :-)

So she asked to participate, and she's been aging ever since.
Looks like we have the pleasure to participate in it almost daily :-)

Who is "we", Ch*ck? (Just playin' with you, Charles.)

"We" would be a whole universe except the Seans

With us it's just an ancient ritual in which we equably participate.
And yes, on Earth, with your gravity and ignorance about endorphins and
other anti-aging techniques, you age yourselves frequently.
Your subtle "almost" did not go unnoticed.
Few people know that they sometimes experience several days of virtually

no
aging, while other times they can age themselves to the tune of several

days
in one.
One of the prices of external influences on sentient beings under the

strict
weight of matter in a gravity sink.

So where do you live?

While we're here in your vicinity, we spend most of our time about as far
from your star as is the Earth.
And our present position is northwardly perpendicular to the ecliptic.

So she partook in the aging program because she wanted to enjoy the
benefits of aging MENTALLY.

So you claim NOT to "age" mentally while living millions of years, ..
unless you perform your rites of aging?

Actually no, Charles, we do age mentally for mental aging is a process of
experience.
The aging ritual has become symbolic for us.
The process I described regarding Kiyo works for very young seans and for
other beings who are just beginning to live without aging physically.
We oldsters benefit very little except for certain psychological perks.

I suppose it's a lot more fun to post coded messages to Usenet than it is

communicate secretly via email.

I don't know, you better ask Art and his club:-

But if you want to send encrypted messages you should better
use my public PGP-keys.

Strengthens the synapses?

Only if you do the decryption in your mind, without a machine or
computer.
Yubiwan

C.

Actually I was joking a bit about how the "club" you mention is like a
nervous system complete with "synapses".

Y.