Bezos brings space race to Kent as he plans a passenger rocket

Old January 14th 06, 04:47 AM posted to sci.space.policy

Default Bezos brings space race to Kent as he plans a passenger rocket

Mike Lorrey wrote:

No. Suggest googling the term "hush house". Well developed technology
used for jet engine testing with little to no noise footprint outside
the building.

Hahaha. That's a real hoot to anyone who's ever been just outside a
real hush house during a jet engine test.

Mike

-----
Michael Kent Apple II Forever!!
St. Peters, MO

Old January 15th 06, 01:01 AM posted to sci.space.policy

Michael Kent wrote:
Mike Lorrey wrote:

No. Suggest googling the term "hush house". Well developed technology
used for jet engine testing with little to no noise footprint outside
the building.

Hahaha. That's a real hoot to anyone who's ever been just outside a
real hush house during a jet engine test.

Given that I worked around and inside one during my days with an F-15
squadron, I believe I'm qualified to state the obvious: the sound
footprint is no different from that of a powerplant that also uses gas
fired turbines, and houses them inside a hush house as well.

EADS SPACE acquires Dutch Space Jacques van Oene News 0 December 3rd 05 12:12 PM
CEV PDQ Scott Lowther Policy 577 May 27th 05 10:11 PM
Space Access Update #111 04/05/05 2nd try Henry Vanderbilt Policy 11 April 27th 05 11:53 PM
Gravity as Falling Space Henry Haapalainen Science 1 September 4th 04 04:08 PM
Clueless pundits (was High-flight rate Medium vs. New Heavy lift launchers) Rand Simberg Space Science Misc 18 February 14th 04 03:28 AM