Jeff Bezos now just showing off

Old March 29th 12, 03:39 AM posted to sci.space.history
Joseph Nebus

Default Jeff Bezos now just showing off

http://www.bezosexpeditions.com/engine-recovery.html

... I'm excited to report that, using state-of-the-art deep
sea sonar, the team has found the Apollo 11 engines lying
14,000 feet below the surface, and we're making plans to
attempt to raise one or more of them from the ocean floor.
We don't know yet what condition these engines might be in -
they hit the ocean at high velocity and have been in salt
water for more than 40 years. On the other hand, they're made
of tough stuff, so we'll see.

--
http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/ Joseph Nebus
Current Entry: I Know The Square Root Of Five, Too http://wp.me/p1RYhY-8Y
Old March 29th 12, 10:49 AM posted to sci.space.history
GordonD

"Joseph Nebus" wrote in message

http://www.bezosexpeditions.com/engine-recovery.html

... I'm excited to report that, using state-of-the-art deep
sea sonar, the team has found the Apollo 11 engines lying
14,000 feet below the surface, and we're making plans to
attempt to raise one or more of them from the ocean floor.
We don't know yet what condition these engines might be in -
they hit the ocean at high velocity and have been in salt
water for more than 40 years. On the other hand, they're made
of tough stuff, so we'll see.

How long before they're posted for sale?

"Currently 1 in stock, more expected soon..."
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

Old March 30th 12, 03:28 PM posted to sci.space.history
Val Kraut

" How long before they're posted for sale?

"Currently 1 in stock, more expected soon..."
--

Then the FBI shows up and says who's selling NASA owned items!

Old March 30th 12, 06:02 PM posted to sci.space.history
GordonD

"Val Kraut" wrote in message

" How long before they're posted for sale?

"Currently 1 in stock, more expected soon..."
--

Then the FBI shows up and says who's selling NASA owned items!

Seriously, wouldn't the laws of salvage apply? Or is US government equipment
exempt from those?

Old March 30th 12, 08:32 PM posted to sci.space.history
Anthony Frost

In message
"GordonD" wrote:

"Val Kraut" wrote in message

" How long before they're posted for sale?

"Currently 1 in stock, more expected soon..."
--

Then the FBI shows up and says who's selling NASA owned items!

Seriously, wouldn't the laws of salvage apply? Or is US government equipment
exempt from those?

I think you need to look up what the laws of salvage actually are.

And in general property of any government isn't in scope.

Anthony

Old March 30th 12, 11:43 PM posted to sci.space.history
Brian Thorn[_2_]

On 2012-03-30 17:02:02 +0000, GordonD said:

"Val Kraut" wrote in message

" How long before they're posted for sale?

"Currently 1 in stock, more expected soon..."
--

Then the FBI shows up and says who's selling NASA owned items!

Seriously, wouldn't the laws of salvage apply?

If memory serves, "law of salvage" says that if the object's owner can
be identified, the salvager must make an effort to contact him/her and
request repayment of salvage/recovery costs. If the owner declines to
make payment, the object becomes the salvager's.

Brian