New image shows Triangulum Galaxy (M33) is bigger than thought

Old April 7th 09, 04:34 PM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan

Default New image shows Triangulum Galaxy (M33) is bigger than thought

Spitzer infrared images show Triangulum's dust extends way past it's
main disk. Triangulum is part of our Local Group of galaxies cluster, so
it's likely going to merge with us at some point in time.

Yousuf Khan

New Image Reveals M33 is Bigger Than Thought (and it’s Headed Our Way) |
Universe Today
http://www.universetoday.com/2009/04...eaded-our-way/
Old April 8th 09, 12:16 AM posted to sci.astro
BradGuth

On Apr 7, 8:34*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Spitzer infrared images show Triangulum's dust extends way past it's
main disk. Triangulum is part of our Local Group of galaxies cluster, so
it's likely going to merge with us at some point in time.

* * * * Yousuf Khan

New Image Reveals M33 is Bigger Than Thought (and it’s Headed Our Way) |
Universe Today http://www.universetoday.com/2009/04...ls-m33-is-bigg...

A downright impressive composite image.

We need at least UVa to SWIR before counting galaxies and stars, and
UVc to LWIR would certainly be best. A bandpass of Gamma to FIR
should cover most everything except black holes.

~ BG
Old April 10th 09, 05:18 AM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan

BradGuth wrote:
A downright impressive composite image.

We need at least UVa to SWIR before counting galaxies and stars, and
UVc to LWIR would certainly be best. A bandpass of Gamma to FIR
should cover most everything except black holes.

Nor Dark Matter, either. :-)

Yousuf Khan
Old April 10th 09, 11:58 PM posted to sci.astro
BradGuth

On Apr 9, 9:18*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
A downright impressive composite image.

We need at least UVa to SWIR before counting galaxies and stars, and
UVc to LWIR would certainly be best. *A bandpass of Gamma to FIR
should cover most everything except black holes.

Nor Dark Matter, either. :-)

* * * * Yousuf Khan

Yes, dark matter and/or dark energy (pure electrons or antimatter
positrons), as being the cosmic soup of the day that's keeping photons
from going 2c or faster.

~ BG
Old April 11th 09, 04:14 AM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan

BradGuth wrote:
A downright impressive composite image.
We need at least UVa to SWIR before counting galaxies and stars, and
UVc to LWIR would certainly be best. A bandpass of Gamma to FIR
should cover most everything except black holes.

Nor Dark Matter, either. :-)

Yousuf Khan

Yes, dark matter and/or dark energy (pure electrons or antimatter
positrons), as being the cosmic soup of the day that's keeping photons
from going 2c or faster.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Yousuf Khan
Old April 12th 09, 08:13 PM posted to sci.astro
BradGuth

BradGuth wrote:
A downright impressive composite image.
We need at least UVa to SWIR before counting galaxies and stars, and
UVc to LWIR would certainly be best. *A bandpass of Gamma to FIR
should cover most everything except black holes.
Nor Dark Matter, either. :-)

* * * * Yousuf Khan

Yes, dark matter and/or dark energy (pure electrons or antimatter
positrons), as being the cosmic soup of the day that's keeping photons
from going 2c or faster.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

* * * * Yousuf Khan

Have you or anyone else ever seen an electron or a positron? (didn't
think so)

~ BG