Paper w/cometary panspermia proof & new biology

Old March 10th 04, 05:03 AM
Jason H.

Default Paper w/cometary panspermia proof & new biology

Paper - New biology of red rain extremophiles prove cometary panspermia

http://www.arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0312639

Paper talks about chemosynthetic hydrothermal extremophiles (which cna
grow at 300 degrees C) that can metabolize inorganic and organic
compounds including hydrocarbons and that they reproduce via a multiple
fission process and that the red rain they were found in contains their
dormant spores. Also, they contain proteins but no DNA.

They state "This new biology proves our earlier hypothesis that these
microbes are of extraterrestrial origin and also supports our earlier
argument that the mysterious red rain of Kerala is due to the cometary
delivery of the red spores into the stratosphere above Kerala."

----------
Perhaps I'll comment on this one later; it's nappy time.

Keep searching! Jason H.

Old March 10th 04, 10:14 PM
Martin

Jason H. wrote:
Paper - New biology of red rain extremophiles prove cometary panspermia

http://www.arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0312639

Paper talks about chemosynthetic hydrothermal extremophiles (which cna
grow at 300 degrees C) that can metabolize inorganic and organic

[...]
Perhaps I'll comment on this one later; it's nappy time.

Keep searching! Jason H.

Phew!

Certainly needs comment. Just don't tell Guth!!

If this has been inadvertently posted 21 days too early, then it is a
most excellent piece of work (:-))

If it is a rushed first draft of real results... It is very interesting
indeed!

Other things to do first. The origins of Life As We Know It can wait
until after a brew and sorting out the backups for this machine and another.

Mmmmmm...

Regards,
Martin

--
---------- Give a man a fish and you have fed him for today.
- Martin - Teach him how to fish and he won't bother you for weeks!

Old March 11th 04, 05:23 AM
Alfred A. Aburto Jr.

"Jason H." wrote in message
ink.net...
Paper - New biology of red rain extremophiles prove cometary panspermia

http://www.arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0312639

Paper talks about chemosynthetic hydrothermal extremophiles (which cna
grow at 300 degrees C) that can metabolize inorganic and organic
compounds including hydrocarbons and that they reproduce via a multiple
fission process and that the red rain they were found in contains their
dormant spores. Also, they contain proteins but no DNA.

They state "This new biology proves our earlier hypothesis that these
microbes are of extraterrestrial origin and also supports our earlier
argument that the mysterious red rain of Kerala is due to the cometary
delivery of the red spores into the stratosphere above Kerala."

Very interesting! My first thought though is that there needs to be other
scientists investigating these intriguing "red rain" microorganisms!

If their conclusions/hypotheses hold up then, well, wow!
Al

Old March 15th 04, 12:34 PM
Victor

"Jason H." wrote in message
Paper - New biology of red rain extremophiles prove cometary panspermia
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0312639

It is worthwhile reading the full PDF file. I find the UV absorption
very exciting 'evidence'!
Now we must wait and see what the peer-review process does with the
hypothesis.