BRIAN GREENE: THE SILLIEST EINSTEINIAN

Old March 5th 08, 10:48 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default BRIAN GREENE: THE SILLIEST EINSTEINIAN

On Mar 1, 8:36*am, Pentcho Valev wrote in
sci.physics.relativity:
On Feb 29, 10:00*am, Pentcho Valev wrote:

http://www.forbes.com/opinions/2008/...29physics.html
Brian Greene: "By 1915, with his "General Theory of Relativity,"
Einstein took these realizations one step further, concluding that
something similar happens in a gravitational field. He figured out
that the stronger the gravity you experience, the slower time elapses.
After synchronizing our watches, were I to stay in the lobby of the
Empire State Building while you went sightseeing on the observation
deck, I would experience stronger gravity (being closer to Earth) and
according to Einstein, when we rejoin, my watch would be behind yours.
The effect would be incredibly small, since the difference in gravity
you and I would experience is trifling."

Silly Brian does not even understand that the idiocy called
"gravitational time dilation", as defined by his cleverer brothers,
depends on the GRAVITATIONAL POTENTIAL difference between "you and
me", not on "the difference in gravity you and I would experience".

Silly Brian is even clearer he

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...C0A9629C8B 63
Brian Greene: "In the early part of the 20th century, however, Albert
Einstein saw through nature's Newtonian facade and revealed that the
passage of time depends on circumstance and environment. He showed
that the wris****ches worn by two individuals moving relative to one
another, or EXPERIENCING DIFFERENT GRAVITATIONAL FIELDS, tick off time
at different rates."

Silly Brian is walking in an incomparably silly manner he

http://www.bookbrowse.com/author_int...hor_number=989
Question: "You say that a particle on one side of the universe can
influence the action of a sister particle on the other side of the
universe instantaneously. Does this violate Einstein's statement that
nothing can travel faster than the speed of light?"
Brian Greene: "It is a delicate question, but most physicists would
say no. The influence is such that no information can be sent from
place to place at faster than light speed, and many believe that's
enough to avoid conflict with Einstein's recognition that light sets a
cosmic speed limit. I am among those who take this point of view, but
as I stress in the book, this issue--due to remaining conundrums
surrounding quantum mechanics--is not fully settled."

Even silly walkers at the Perimeter Institute are unable to produce
anything comparable to silly Brian's silly walk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w

Pentcho Valev

Old March 5th 08, 12:23 PM posted to sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro
oriel36

http://www.forbes.com/opinions/2008/...time-oped-time....

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...1E3EF932A35752....

http://www.bookbrowse.com/author_int...cfm?author_num...
[...]

It is not so important to dwell on individual characters and their
opinions,after all,they inherit the concepts from previous generations
and most here are in the same boat.After many years looking at the way
the proponents and opponents of relativity operate,it comes down to an
overwhelming sense that everyone is protecting Newton rather than
attacking or promoting relativity.

Since it is possible to show what Newton thought of a medium or aether
in 1704 or about 15 years after the Principia,it becomes impossible to
justify relativity as the revoltion it was made ot to be,specifically
Albert's attachment of Newton's absolute space to aether -

"In order to be able to look upon the rotation of the system, at least
formally, as something real, Newton objectivises space. Since he
classes his absolute space together with real things, for him rotation
relative to an absolute space is also something real. Newton might no
less well have called his absolute space ``Ether''"

http://www.mountainman.com.au/aether_0.html

While Newton did adhere to an aether in 1670,by the time the Principia
came around he had no se for it (whether for right or wrong) and was
pretty explicit about it in 1704,using words like "utterly rejected" -

"I have no regard in this place to a medium, if any such there is,
that freely pervades the interstices between the parts of bodies."
Principia 1687

"The fictitious matter which is imagined as filling the whole of space
is of no use for explaining the phenomena of Nature, since the motions
of the planets and comets are better explained without it, by means of
gravity; and it has never yet been explained how this matter accounts
for gravity. The only thing which matter of this sort could do, would
be to interfere with and slow down the motions of those large
celestial bodies, and weaken the order of Nature; and in the
microscopic pores of bodies, it would put a stop to the vibrations of
their parts which their heat and all their active force consists in.
Further, since matter of this sort is not only completely useless, but
would actually interfere with the operations of Nature, and
weaken them, there is no solid reason why we should believe in any
such matter at all. Consequently, it is to be utterly rejected."
Optics 1704

All this handwringing about Albert being right or not depends on the
validity of the basic reasoning for the emergence of the concept in
1905,the so-called overturning of Newton's idea of absolute/relative
space,time and motion.As long as the absolute space/aether fiction is
maintained it appears that the relativity concept is setting its own
terms, however ,remove the fiction and it is Newton still setting the
terms therefore it becomes an exercise in protecting Newton's
conceptions whether people care to recognise it or not.

Judging from the responses and reactions,it appears that most are
content to remain with the fiction of aether/absolute space ,a few
have tried to sever the ties between Newton and relativity but that
oes not work and a few have abandoned the whole setup.The last
reaction is the most unproductive,while Newton did create a terrible
situation by making a mess of known methods and insights of
timekeeping and structural astronomy,the fact is that when the various
threads are untangled,there are enormous productive avenues for
dynamicists to pursue using all the availible resourses of 21st
century technology.

Old March 15th 08, 04:12 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

On Mar 5, 12:48 pm, Pentcho Valev wrote:
[...]

My last claim is not quite correct perhaps:

http://www.logosjournal.com/issue_4.3/smolin.htm
Lee Smolin: "Special relativity grew out of Einstein's insight that
the laws of electromagnetism cannot depend on relative motion and that
the speed of light THEREFORE must be always the same, no matter how
the source or the observer moves."

This particular silly walk of Lee Smolin's is undoubtedly sillier than
(at least as silly as) silly Brian's silly walk.

Pentcho Valev

Old March 15th 08, 04:29 PM posted to sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity
Pentcho Valev

On Mar 5, 2:23*pm, oriel36 wrote:
It is not so important to dwell on individual characters and their
opinions,after all,they inherit the concepts from previous generations
and most here are in the same boat.After many years looking at the way
the proponents and opponents of relativity operate,it comes down to an
overwhelming sense that everyone is protecting Newton rather than
attacking or promoting relativity.

ESSENTIALLY I am neither protecting Newton nor attacking Einstein.
Rather, I am attacking Einstein's 1905 light postulate (and its
implications) because it is FALSE, and I am trying to reintroduce
Einstein's 1911 equation c'=c(1+V/c^2) valid in the presence of a
gravitational field and the equivalent equation c'=c+v valid in the
absence of a gravitational field and given by Newton's emission theory
of light, because both equations are TRUE.

Pentcho Valev

Old March 16th 08, 01:22 PM posted to sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity
oriel36

On Mar 15, 4:29*pm, Pentcho Valev wrote:
On Mar 5, 2:23*pm, oriel36 wrote:

It is not so important to dwell on individual characters and their
opinions,after all,they inherit the concepts from previous generations
and most here are in the same boat.After many years looking at the way
the proponents and opponents of relativity operate,it comes down to an
overwhelming sense that everyone is protecting Newton rather than
attacking or promoting relativity.

ESSENTIALLY I am neither protecting Newton nor attacking Einstein.
Rather, I am attacking Einstein's 1905 light postulate (and its
implications) because it is FALSE, and I am trying to reintroduce
Einstein's 1911 equation c'=c(1+V/c^2) valid in the presence of a
gravitational field and the equivalent equation c'=c+v valid in the
absence of a gravitational field and given by Newton's emission theory
of light, because both equations are TRUE.

Pentcho Valev

I already told another participant that regardless of your
viewpoint,once you remove the fiction which links Newton's absolute/
relative space definitions to aether,it is Isaac that remains running
the show and relativity, as a solid proposal ,evaporates .You may
frame relativity in repect to later concepts and the cast of
characters surrounding such as Fitzgerald,Lorentz and whatnot but
effecvtively it involves going along with a fiction which conspires to
squeeze Newton's definitions in their terms.

The guys in the mid 19th century ,due to the working framework Newton
provided,were faced with a dilemma and it has not gone away despite
the capitulation to Newton by the guys in the early part of the last
century -

http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/i...5 4.336.x.425

The language of the Principia is geometry and I assure you that the
absolute/relative definitions of time,space and motion which Newton
took it upon himself to 'define' are enitirely geometric in content
and character and nothing to do with a vague non geometric equational
treatment.In short,your appeal to mathematical notation lacks any
precision whereas Newton's efforts are completely understandable even
as he tries his best to obscure the astronomical/geometric content of
actual astronomers,their methods and insights .In his own way Newton
suceeded but what he did to astronomy was eventually done to him,the
choices he give himself were expanded to unlimited choices by
relativity and so we arrive today at a situation were there are any
amount of hypotheses and no central theme to any of it.

It is not all bad news,there is a huge amount of data built up however
it requires a complete break from this 'scientific method' cult which
originated with Newton and specifically this statement -

"It is indeed a matter of great difficulty to discover, and
effectually to distinguish, the true motion of particular bodies from
the apparent; because the parts of that absolute space, in which those
motions are performed, do by no means come under the observation of
our senses. Yet the thing is not altogether desperate; for we have
some arguments to guide us, partly from the apparent motions, which
are the differences of the true motions; partly from the forces, which
are the causes and effects of the true motion" Principia

I already know he chose the wrong astronomical framework (Flamsteed)
and intepreted Kepler and Copernicus incorrectly in the matter of
retrogrades in arriving at that working principle above but
Pentcho,nobody seems interested in the astronomical side of the
matter.You seem happy enough to remain in the fiction the 20th century
guys created for themselves and who am I to complain in that case.

Old March 16th 08, 02:21 PM posted to sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity
Pentcho Valev

http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/i...page&seq=9&siz....

[...]

No I cannot accept your argument and any other argument unrelated to
Einstein's 1905 false light postulate (c'=c) and its true alternative
given by Newton's emission theory of light: c'=c+v. In a world where
2+2=4 has been replaced by 2+2=5, arguments that ignore this
replacement make no sense. First basic truth should be restored:

http://www.online-literature.com/orwell/1984/ George Orwell "1984":
"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and
you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make
that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.
Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of
external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy. The heresy
of heresies was common sense. And what was terrifying was not that
they would kill you for thinking otherwise, but that they might be
right. For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or
that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If
both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if
the mind itself is controllable what then?"

Pentcho Valev

Old March 16th 08, 05:58 PM posted to sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity
oriel36[_2_]

The people in the mid 19th century had a dilemma created by Newton,you
and your colleagues have an illness.

Old March 16th 08, 09:57 PM posted to sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity
oriel36[_2_]

The people in the mid 19th century had a dilemma created by Newton,you
and your colleagues have a severe disability .The novelist you require
is not Orwell but rather H.G. Wells -

"Scientific people,' proceeded the Time Traveller, after the pause
required for the proper assimilation of this, 'know very well that
Time is only a kind of Space. " 1898

http://www.bartleby.com/1000/1.html

Why would a group of people in the early 20th century formalise a
science fiction narrative that could be found on any bookshelf in the
late 19th century is perhaps for future generations to judge,even if I
understand the complex reasons why Newton still ultimately runs the
show,the early 20th century views are extremely unhealthy and they are
still as visible as ever.

The rapid disappearance of relativistic concepts from the tv screens
has not really be replaced by a balanced view,one that actually
promotes the obstacles Isaac created in geometric/astronomical terms
and goodness knows they are fascinating under genuine scrutiny and
without bluff.

Humanity can quickly forgive great errors such as the mass ideology
which partially created World war II but the empirical ideology is
much more difficult to tackle by virtue that it hijacks the machinary
of the education system and will always generate clones to keep its
precepts up and running.It is a great injustice that forces it
adherents into indoctrination and everyone else into bewilderment and
so it continues day after day without any sign of abating,the problem
being that most people are unaware that errors exist and mistake
unlimited hypothesising as vibrant and brilliant discussion.

I have no complaints about people here,they choose to remain stuck in
somebody else's imagination and no matter how horrified I may be at
such a condition,it is their choice,the problem is that they try to
extend the nightmare to a bewildered human race.Read Well's 'Time
Machine',put it down as good fiction and leave it at that.

Old March 20th 08, 10:41 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

[...]

It seems you can never define the silliest string theorist: there is
always a sillier one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...michiokaku.xml
"The importance Prof Kaku places on childishness in theoretical
physics extends to science fiction, and this, in part, is the subject
of his new book, Physics of the Impossible. It argues that because
there is no law of physics preventing the existence of concepts such
as time travel, teleportation and invisibility, physics has to take
their possibility seriously."

Pentcho Valev

Old March 20th 08, 11:06 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

On Mar 20, 12:41*pm, Pentcho Valev wrote:
It seems you can never define the silliest string theorist: there is
always a sillier one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...michiokaku.xml
"The importance Prof Kaku places on childishness in theoretical
physics extends to science fiction, and this, in part, is the subject
of his new book, Physics of the Impossible. It argues that because
there is no law of physics preventing the existence of concepts such
as time travel, teleportation and invisibility, physics has to take
their possibility seriously."

Lubos Motl is definitely sillier than Professor Michio Kaku:

http://motls.blogspot.com/2007/05/va...-theories.html
Motl: "The meter is moreover defined as 1/299,792,458 of a light
second, so according to current definitions, a varying speed of light
is simply a contradiction."

String theorists are the silliest Einsteinians but extreme silliness
can be found everywhere in Einstein criminal cult. Steve Carlip (who
is not a string theorist) is just as silly as Lubos Motl:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physic...of_light..html
Steve Carlip: "Is c, the speed of light in vacuum, constant? At the
1983 Conference Generale des Poids et Mesures, the following SI
(Systeme International) definition of the metre was adopted: The metre
is the length of the path travelled by light in vacuum during a time
interval of 1/299 792 458 of a second. This defines the speed of light
in vacuum to be exactly 299,792,458 m/s. This provides a very short
answer to the question "Is c constant": Yes, c is constant by
definition!"

Pentcho Valev