Galactic massive BH photon consumption vs Galactic center flux?

Old December 26th 16, 10:26 AM posted to sci.astro.research
[email protected]

Default Galactic massive BH photon consumption vs Galactic center flux?

On Monday, December 12, 2016 at 1:03:35 PM UTC-8, Steve Willner wrote:
In article ,
Steven Carlip writes:
In GR, an observer at rest outside a black hole is accelerating.
A nonaccelerating, "inertial" observer is one who is in free fall.
This is the relevant reference frame for making sense of energy, and
in the inertial observer's reference frame, the CMB is not blue
shifted.

Thanks for that. Imagine the observer with feet towards the black
hole. I can see that the radiation from "above" is not blue-
shifted, but what about radiation from "below?" It seems to me that
should be blue-shifted. Does the aberration mean the blue-shifted
radiation comes from such a small solid angle that it's irrelevant,
or am I missing something else?

I've pondered this too. Curious about others input. Seems to me that
any light coming from below will depend on where you are. If at or
below the event horizon, it should be black from below, no light coming
upward unless it originated from an object also falling in with you, but
further in. That would be red shifted depending on how much further in
that other object was. But no light from beyond the hole, just a dark
black circle. As you fall in, the circle of black should get larger,
and the light from distant stars more red it seems to me (after crossing
the event horizon anyway).

Is this right?

rt