Stellafane 2008 weather?

Old July 29th 08, 04:00 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
George Normandin[_1_]

Default Stellafane 2008 weather?

Well it seems 'the models are not consistent' when it comes to forecasting
the weather for this weekend's "73rd Annual Stellafane Telescope Makers'
Convention". Some Weather Gurus say 'clear', some 'partly cloudy', and some
others say 'afternoon and evening boomers with partly cloudy late'. So, I've
made up my mind: I'm going and will set up my Obsession 20, clouds or not.
If it's clear, it will be pointed at some nice dark Vermont skies, if not, I
have plenty of beer and a green laser pointer to take part in the "cloudy
night laser wars" that break out at Stellafane while waiting for the sucker
holes to drift over!

Any one who is there, please stop in at my 'observatory': look for an
Obsession 20 in the camping area just north of the bunkhouse & food tent. I
usually set up in the northeast corner of that area.

George N

PS: According to "A Prairie Home Companion" a 'swami' is a holy-man, while a
'guru' is a consultant who will act as your holy-man if paid!