Advanced versions of the V-2 rocket

Old July 2nd 07, 07:38 AM posted to sci.space.history,rec.aviation.military
Overscan

Default Advanced versions of the V-2 rocket

Scott Lowther vs Rob Arnt

One of these is a serious and respected aviation researcher, who has
done much primary research in company archives, published books and
magazines, and generously contributed valuable research to other
authors.

The other one is called Rob.

Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
Secret Projects - Unbuilt Projects and Aviation Technology
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk

Old July 2nd 07, 07:41 AM posted to sci.space.history,rec.aviation.military
Rob Arndt

On Jul 1, 10:17?pm, Scott Lowther
wrote:
Rob Arndt wrote:
I've gone through all your APR material and most of it could have come

from one site- prototypes.com.

Actually, the other way 'round.

Really? Prototypes.com has no German disc a/c or any other extremely
rare a/c that I just listed off the top of my head above. Find one
from just that list to post from there or anywhere online- just one.

That's an impressive thought process you have there. I'd like to know
how you pulled that gem out of the previous post:
You: "your APR material could have come from prototypes.com"
Me: "Much of the prototypes.com stuff could have come from APR."
You: insert insane blathering HERE

Not possible, they have more material than you do.

And since I have been here at RAM for 9 yrs and posted 1,000s of
photos under multiple S/Ns as well as the old webtv days... it is
impossible for you to say that. My sources come from hundreds of
sites, forums, NGs, and Google navigation.

Try FOIA. Try DTIC. Try NTIS. Try NARA. Hell, try a *library.* The
internet is useful.... but when you restrict it to fora, newsgroups and
Google, you're going to get a wide variety of "shallow" and a whole
heaping helping of "internet bull****."

Improper context Scott, just talking about this NG and posting
aviation images here.

People here, BTW, don't seem to respond to posted patents, official
USAAF images, intel documents, etc... b/c people tend to believe what
they want no matter what the evidence is before them. I can list all
the German and US patent numbers, BIOS Report numbers, submit official
photos from the 415th NFS, etc... and still no one cares. That is
their choice.

The Discovery Channel even contacted me about the German V-7 weapon
and its connection to Josef Andreas Epp when I was with the IFO
Picture Library in 2005. When I informed the interviewer by phone that
there was NO connection at all, which can be chronologically proven
and also that Epp was working in Prague when the V-7 designed by Dr.
Richard Miethe was being built in Breslau... the interviewer got
silent and then terminated the interview. I never saw that show if
they ever did it, but I heard their angle was "Epp and his V-7"- which
is false history.

I have probably covered
tens of thousands of pages on my hunts and am known as a forum-raider.
If you were a member of the forums I have fully raided you would know
my alias by now. As a matter of fact a clue is in my profile. Anyone
British with a knowledge of history should be able to decipher it.

I am better known here, online, and across the globe for rare a/c than
you are Scott.

Maybe. Who cares? Why does this matter to you?

In any event...
Me BF110 doc: "Vorlaufige Betriebs und Rustanleitung"http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250138331699

Early Shuttle Doc: Integral Launch and Reentry Vehiclehttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250138333705

Advanced Versions of the V-2 rocket - documentshttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250138340542

--
-------
The fact that I have no remedy for all the sorrows of the world is no reason for my accepting yours. It simply supports the strong probability that yours is a fake. - H.L. Mencken- Hide quoted text -

Wow! E-bay URLs sure are impressive Scott. What's next, moving up to
Wiki?

FYI, I have BIOS/CIOS/FIAT/FOIA documents and a wide range of USAAF/
USAF/US Army Technical Intelligence Reports dating anywhere from
1944-47. There are also all the German and US disc patents with
related patent technologies. How about Argentine naval war records too
of postwar German disc and U-boat sightings in Argentine waters and
skies? 415th NFS records plus 20th & 21st BGs too on the "Foo Fighters
(aka US Intel Phoo Bombs, German weapons 1944-45). All of these can be
found on Black Sun if you look.

It is so convenient of you to also by-pass my challenge to you on the
even one, just as I claimed you could not.

So again, I am not impressed.

Rob

Old July 3rd 07, 12:45 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:
...You know, this is the sort of **** that's chased far too many
people off of .history.

Yeah, I went over to rec.aviation.military and ran into this whacko.
But his website is something else, to put it mildly:
http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/index.html
Normally, you'd have to eat a lot of funny mushrooms to come up with
stuff like that.

Pat

PLONK

...Jeez, Guth's Syndrome must be contageous after all.

OM

Old July 3rd 07, 12:54 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Damon Hill wrote:
I've been checking out the scenery at r.a.m.; seems they have their
share of mega-egos, and bat**** insane Nazi apologists too. I wonder
how long even Pat's sense of humor will stand up over there?

Oh, around 6 pm CDT.
Unfortunately, this guy has basically _become_ that newsgroup in his own
mind, to the point where he's about the only person posting things to it
anymore; rather than just killfile him, I get the feeling that most
everyone else just left in disgust.
Anyone else just argues for or against him.
So that one is another newsgroup that doesn't suit me.
They all seem to be heading downhill fast these days.

Pat
Old July 3rd 07, 12:55 AM posted to sci.space.history,rec.aviation.military
Rick Jones

In sci.space.history Rob Arndt wrote:
Here's an old photo I posted of a rare rail-launched V-2:
http://modelarchives.free.fr/photosc...in_lanceur.JPG

I wonder what if anything it might have done to the railroad ties. I
guess the exhaust deflectors (?) would have dealt with that.

rick jones
Old July 3rd 07, 01:28 AM posted to sci.space.history,rec.aviation.military
Pat Flannery

Rick Jones wrote:

I wonder what if anything it might have done to the railroad ties. I
guess the exhaust deflectors (?) would have dealt with that.

I have a close-up photo of the base of the rocket on the rail launcher
in one of my books (The Birth Of The Missile)
It appears that the exhaust is channeled out horizontally from a pair of
rectangular ducts under the rail wagon. These direct the exhaust off at
a ninety-degree angle to the tracks at around five feet above them.

Pat
Old July 3rd 07, 01:59 AM posted to sci.space.history,rec.aviation.military
Dave Kearton

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

| Rick Jones wrote:
|
| I wonder what if anything it might have done to the railroad ties. I
| guess the exhaust deflectors (?) would have dealt with that.
|

| I have a close-up photo of the base of the rocket on the rail launcher
| in one of my books (The Birth Of The Missile)
| It appears that the exhaust is channeled out horizontally from a pair of
| rectangular ducts under the rail wagon. These direct the exhaust off at
| a ninety-degree angle to the tracks at around five feet above them.
|
| Pat

That being so, it's still a matter of heat vs time. The railroad ties
down here (we call them "sleepers") are made from a fairly dense hardwood -
but will still burn if exposed to that amount of radiant heat for more than
a short time.

With at least 30 minutes to prepare a round for launch, it would give the
tracks enough time to cool off between firings - and you can still move the
launch car forward if it looks black 'n crispy.

I would have liked to have seen the Midway's wooden deck after a V2 was
launched in '46. It looks like a metal deflector was used under the
rocket, but there's still a lot of blast area that (I presume) was wooden.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old July 3rd 07, 02:07 AM posted to sci.space.history,rec.aviation.military
Rick Jones

In sci.space.history Dave Kearton wrote:
"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
| I have a close-up photo of the base of the rocket on the rail
| launcher in one of my books (The Birth Of The Missile) It appears
| that the exhaust is channeled out horizontally from a pair of
| rectangular ducts under the rail wagon. These direct the exhaust
| off at a ninety-degree angle to the tracks at around five feet
| above them.

That being so, it's still a matter of heat vs time. The railroad
ties down here (we call them "sleepers") are made from a fairly
dense hardwood - but will still burn if exposed to that amount of
radiant heat for more than a short time.

I guess then that the real risk was then to the trees and shrubs on
either side of the tracks. Either you start a forrest fire on launch,
or you have "open" enough tracks that some fighter jock in a
P-47/P-51/Typhoon/whatnot spots you, swoops-in and ruins your whole
day?

That first picture seems to show some pretty broad "open space" on the
far side of the rail car

A V-2 didn't exactly "zip" off the pad did it?

rick jones
Old July 3rd 07, 02:34 AM posted to sci.space.history,rec.aviation.military
Damon Hill[_4_]

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
:

That being so, it's still a matter of heat vs time. The
railroad ties down here (we call them "sleepers") are made from a
fairly dense hardwood - but will still burn if exposed to that amount
of radiant heat for more than a short time.

With at least 30 minutes to prepare a round for launch, it would give
the tracks enough time to cool off between firings - and you can still
move the launch car forward if it looks black 'n crispy.

What will happen is that the ballast will be deeply excavated
right out of the roadbed, the ties burnt and the rails will likely
warp, or try to.

A blast deflector had to have been included in the design.

--Damon
Old July 3rd 07, 03:26 AM posted to sci.space.history
WWJBD@ticking_clock.com

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:45:57 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

OM wrote:
...You know, this is the sort of **** that's chased far too many
people off of .history.

Yeah, I went over to rec.aviation.military and ran into this whacko.
But his website is something else, to put it mildly:
http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/index.html
Normally, you'd have to eat a lot of funny mushrooms to come up with
stuff like that.

Pat

Cool, I always dig that Luft 46 stuff.