Uberisation of bizjets

Old January 10th 17, 03:55 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default Uberisation of bizjets

Decades ago I wrote of a time when an automated aircraft would arrive in response to a request sent wirelessly from a handset. Well that time has arrived according to Aviation Week

http://bit.ly/2jyW4bF

In future this will extend to automated spacecraft that will carry you ballisticalky to any point on Esrth or to orbit and beyond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33_-teBjZ4w

Old January 11th 17, 02:15 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

Decades ago I wrote of a time when an automated aircraft would arrive in response to a request sent wirelessly from a handset. Well that time has arrived according to Aviation Week

http://bit.ly/2jyW4bF

Perhaps you did and perhaps it has but there's nothing about it at
that link.

In future this will extend to automated spacecraft that will carry you ballisticalky to any point on Esrth or to orbit and beyond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33_-teBjZ4w

Cute video, but I wouldn't hold my breath were I you. Airlines are
still flying aircraft types that entered service 30+ years ago.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old January 11th 17, 09:14 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

http://m.aviationweek.com/business-a...&elqTrack=true

Embraer sees the Uberisation of bizjets.
Old January 11th 17, 10:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

http://m.aviationweek.com/business-a...&elqTrack=true

Embraer sees the Uberisation of bizjets.

He made that statement, but when you actually read for understanding
(he's talking about 'fractional ownership') it doesn't say what you
claimed.

You know, it would be real helpful if you actually posted the pointer
in the first place instead of just the top level and expecting people
to hunt.

It would also be helpful if you left some context in. This is NOT
"Mook Lectures The World", although you frequently seem to think it
is.

territory."
--G. Behn