The new face on Mars

Old January 26th 04, 09:36 AM
Coder

Default The new face on Mars

Hey, is it just me, or is there like a crazy looking face in this image from
the Mars rover?
http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA05116.jpg

It's the largest rock in the picture, in the bottom center.

Old January 26th 04, 10:55 AM
Dat's Me

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 08:36:45 +0000, Coder wrote:

Hey, is it just me, or is there like a crazy looking face in this image
from the Mars rover?
http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA05116.jpg

It's the largest rock in the picture, in the bottom center.

It does look something like a skull.

I'm curious about a rock at the top of the image, in the centre, looks
like a part of it is some sort of crystal/quartz.

Old January 26th 04, 11:39 AM
KH

"Coder" skrev i en meddelelse
Hey, is it just me, or is there like a crazy looking face in this

image from
the Mars rover?
http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA05116.jpg

It's the largest rock in the picture, in the bottom center.

Oh boy.. I think it is the scull of a real Klingon..
Beam me up Scotty!
I have to check it out.

Old January 26th 04, 05:20 PM
Starlord

About in the upper center is a Pac-Man

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Ad World
http://adworld.netfirms.com

"KH" wrote in message
. ..
"Coder" skrev i en meddelelse
Hey, is it just me, or is there like a crazy looking face in this

image from
the Mars rover?
http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA05116.jpg

It's the largest rock in the picture, in the bottom center.

Oh boy.. I think it is the scull of a real Klingon..
Beam me up Scotty!
I have to check it out.

---

Old January 26th 04, 06:16 PM
Lauksna

LOL about the Klingon reference! My question is what's up with the redneck
looking giant JPL sticker? We get it, it's JPL's, why do they have to do
that? It's like those big CHEVY stickers on Chevy trucks, we know it's a
Chevrolet...

A mini-rant by Lauksna ^_^

"Starlord" wrote in message
About in the upper center is a Pac-Man

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning
lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go
again."

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Ad World
http://adworld.netfirms.com

"KH" wrote in message
. ..

Old January 26th 04, 07:03 PM
Coder

"Dat's Me" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 08:36:45 +0000, Coder wrote:

Hey, is it just me, or is there like a crazy looking face in this image
from the Mars rover?
http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA05116.jpg

It's the largest rock in the picture, in the bottom center.

It does look something like a skull.

I'm curious about a rock at the top of the image, in the centre, looks
like a part of it is some sort of crystal/quartz.

Yea, it's really weird looking. There's another rock, in the upper-left-hand
quadrant, that looks like it may have broken off the larger one. Maybe it's
the rest of the skull mask/fossil. lol

Old January 26th 04, 08:22 PM
bioderm

"Lauksna" wrote in message
LOL about the Klingon reference! My question is what's up with the redneck
looking giant JPL sticker? We get it, it's JPL's, why do they have to do
that? It's like those big CHEVY stickers on Chevy trucks, we know it's a
Chevrolet...

A mini-rant by Lauksna ^_^

Well at least it's not a NASCAR sticker or
"These Colors Don't Run"
"I Support Our Troops and Our President"
"In case of rapture this probe will be unmanned"
"My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter"
"Christians Aren't Perfect, Just Forgiven"
"My Grandkids are cuter than yours"

Old January 26th 04, 09:13 PM
CLT

"Coder" wrote in message
Hey, is it just me, or is there like a crazy looking face in this image

from
the Mars rover?
http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA05116.jpg

It's the largest rock in the picture, in the bottom center.

Let's send it to Hoaxie and see what he comes up with:

"Dunderprise again scooped the world press today as we discovered the first
absolute proof of intelligent life on Mars. Proof came in the form of a
paper mache skull, obviously created as a grade school art project. Even
after JPL had altered the colors to make it appear to blend in with the rest
of the rusty machinery spotted so far, we were able to reverse engineer
their color modifications and discover the Martian skull was originally
green, thereby also verifying that they were green men. A nearby vertebrae
also showed they were little. This of course proves that all the previous
sightings of little green men were real and that our government is hiding
the evidence to prevent panic. Meanwhile the search for little green women
(Jo, Meg, Beth and Amy) continues.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?