my accessing of higher dimension(s)

Old November 27th 13, 04:54 AM posted to sci.physics,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,rec.arts.sf.science,sci.math,sci.astro
David Dalton

Default my accessing of higher dimension(s)

Here are two excerpts from my Salmon on the Thorns web page
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html , relating my sun
stare of 1991 during late waning crescent moon to Jesus's
baptism/anointing, and speculating that in the sun stare
(which I don't recommend to anyone else) I somehow accessed
higher dimensions (than 3-D).

From http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/sunstare.html :

I then began staring at the sun, a white throbbing disk, when the
time was not much more than two hours before sunset. Normally I
would have sneezed to avert the eyes, but this time did not.
(Luckily I did not have my -11/-10 diopter lenses on, so any
focus formed well off the retina.) Instead I stared intently
until it seemed that my entire being was extending out and
calling to the sun and even beyond, in some sort of tunnelling
effect, I think a glimpse into higher dimensions, and sort of as
if you placed two mirrors facing one another and peeked inside,
that sort of curved tunneling. I was caught up in a powerful
mystic experience. It was as if there was a higher dimensional
unfolding, as if the 3 dimensions tilted or dimpled somehow and
there was a wraparound effect, as if there were giant butterfly
wings folding in around me. I, a mere mortal, grabbing at the
skyhook, was then overloaded and blacked out for an instant. I
fell forward into the water and came to almost immmediately,
and with back arched and chest up floating as if in the
upward-facing-dog pose of the yoga sun salutation (inhaled and
chest up so I wouldn't drown). So that was sort of baptism by
nature in a way, and possibly extension to my higher dimensional
form that I have gradually learned to use some I think (and may
continue to gradually learn to use) later and as a result I
think I may have some special abilities though some of those
are episodic, and I have yet to prove objectively that I have
special abilities, but to me, subjectively, they appear to work
at times.

From http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/christian.html :

Baptism/dove/horn of oil

During my sun stare I blacked out and fell into the shallow sea
water to awaken seconds later with my chest up in the upward
facing dog pose of the yoga sun salutation, so with my chest
expanded so I would't get a lung full of water. Now this falling
into the water I liken to a baptism. But also the story of the
baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist I liken to my receiving
shaktipat (spontaneous proximity induced Kundalini awakening)
from Gioia Irwin on Aug. 31, 1991, so I think Jesus similarly
received shaktipat from John the Baptist. But also note in
Matthew 3:16 it says "And when Jesus was baptized, He went up
immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened
and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and
alighting on Him" . From Birds of Israel (page) it says that "Doves
are harmless, peaceful birds which came to be used as a symbol
of The Holy Spirit". For me the heavens were opened (in that
tunneling beyond the sun) during my sun stare, and just before
I blacked out and fell into the water it was as if the wings
of the sun or the wings of space folded in on me. So perhaps
that opening of the heavens and those wings (which could be
related to a bird such as a dove) could be related to that
quote from Matthew.

The above incident would be regarded by Christians as an
anointing by the Holy Spirit during late waning crescent moon
(shaped like a horn). This is related to some comments I have
made on the horn of oil on Jewish parallels (page) and I repeat some
but not all of them here. In Jewish tradition, anointing by the
horn of oil is part of initiation to the kingship, but also it
represents an anointing by the divine (Christians say by the
Holy Spirit), I think in the form of a waning crescent moon
inspiration, since the waning crescent is shaped like a horn.
Also from the Concise Oxford Dictionary the word Messiah comes
from the Aramaic m'shiha and the Hebrew masiah meaning anointed.
So one who has waning crescent inspiration is a Messiah type.
Furthermore, and I don't have this point on Jewish parallels (page),
the Concise Oxford Dictionary defines the Lord's Anointed as
Christ, so one who has waning crescent inspiration is a Christ
type. I am not sure if only the first waning crescent high is
considered the anointing or if subsequent waning crescent highs
are considered further anointings.

--
David Dalton http://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Music & Travel