share astro-pics via Yahoo Groups-Photos?

Old July 29th 05, 11:46 AM
nytecam[_1_] nytecam[_1_] is offline
Senior Member

Location: london-uk
Default share astro-pics via Yahoo Groups-Photos?

I've posted some raw pics on my Yahoo photo album at

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nytecam/my_photos

and wondered if Yahoo Groups-Photos could be a quick way to share images.

Photo album size is quoted as unlimited so a textless webpage could be created ;-). One's own albums can be instantly edited or deleted and shared with listed friends/family or everyone [as above]. Image size seems best confined to max 500 x 500 pixels and JPG compressed by 10% -30% to speed download. I'd be interested in feedback.

Click "New User? sign-up" via above URL to create your own photo album !

Nytecam
Old July 29th 05, 07:27 PM
Starlord

I run an astronomy list on a UK server and photos are allowed on it and are
archived by the list too. YHG's doesn't archive the photos.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net

"nytecam" wrote in message

I've posted some raw pics on my Yahoo photo album at

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nytecam/my_photos

and wondered if Yahoo Groups-Photos could be a quick way to share
images.

Photo album size is quoted as unlimited so a textless webpage could be
created ;-). One's own albums can be instantly edited or deleted and
shared with listed friends/family or everyone [as above]. Image size
seems best confined to max 500 x 500 pixels and JPG compressed by 10%
-30% to speed download. I'd be interested in feedback.

Click "New User? sign-up" via above URL to create your own photo album
!

Nytecam

--
nytecam