Orlando Sentinel FOIA Transcripts

Old August 13th 03, 07:34 PM
John Maxson

Default Orlando Sentinel FOIA Transcripts

My book contains some quotes obtained by the Sentinel via
the FOIA. From page 58 of my book:

Two Kennedy officials, one of whom was reportedly Bob
Sieck, were at their display monitors at the time. Bob was
monitoring what was apparently the orbiter's right-aft RCS
telemetry when the officials' screens went blank at t+74
seconds. An intercom tape recorded their comments.
Joe: "Oh Bob, something happened. You still
getting injector, uh, or chamber pressure, Bob?"
Bob: "Negative. We lost everything, Joe."

John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

Old August 13th 03, 09:32 PM
Moe Blues

In article , "John Maxson"
wrote:

My book contains some quotes obtained by the Sentinel via
the FOIA. From page 58 of my book:

Two Kennedy officials, one of whom was reportedly Bob
Sieck, were at their display monitors at the time. Bob was
monitoring what was apparently the orbiter's right-aft RCS
telemetry when the officials' screens went blank at t+74
seconds. An intercom tape recorded their comments.
Joe: "Oh Bob, something happened. You still
getting injector, uh, or chamber pressure, Bob?"
Bob: "Negative. We lost everything, Joe."

And what, exactly, is this supposed to prove? I can derive a couple of
meanings for this exchange, the most plausible of which is that "Joe"
is asking "Bob" if he has any readings because "Joe's" telemetry has
vanished.

Is there some context or continuation that tells us some other
interpretation?

Moe

Old August 13th 03, 09:54 PM
James Oberg

Are you suggesting that this conversation indicates that the 'chamber
pressure'
comments implies the presence of a pressure indicative of a thruster firing?
can see how that misinterpretation might occur to somebody. But when such
references
occur on console they more often refer simply to the presence of ANY real
data
verus the indication of 'no data' -- OSL, perhaps -- rather than to specific
values of
displayed data. Naturally at vehicle loss, 'chamber pressure' would go away.

Old August 14th 03, 08:25 AM
Kent Betts

"James Oberg"
Are you suggesting that this conversation indicates that the 'chamber
pressure comments implies the presence of a pressure indicative of a thruster

firing?

Hahahah.....he doesn't need that .....he has the original telemetry.

Old August 14th 03, 08:32 AM
Kent Betts

"John Maxson

screens went blank at t+74
"Oh Bob, something happened. You still
getting injector, uh, or chamber pressure, Bob?"
Bob: "Negative. We lost everything, Joe."

T+74.......yeesh....this is about the time that, as a buddy told me, "dee space
shubble boo ubb." Whatta day.